Next Last
ex Comet fan

Utica, NY

#1 Nov 16, 2013
and again.WTF??
Rob Roy

Poland, NY

#2 Nov 16, 2013
The game was pretty good tonight except for the outcome. Both teams played hard and you can't complain about that. The Aud looks great and some of the Comet cheerleaders sure brighten up the game. I'm just glad hockey is back in Utica.
guess what

Rome, NY

#3 Nov 17, 2013
Rob Roy wrote:
The game was pretty good tonight except for the outcome. Both teams played hard and you can't complain about that. The Aud looks great and some of the Comet cheerleaders sure brighten up the game. I'm just glad hockey is back in Utica.
It's time they fired the head coach Green! Come on, Vancouver and R. Esche, light a fire under the players' a$$e$ for cryin' out loud!
comets uc

Schenectady, NY

#4 Nov 17, 2013
guess what wrote:
<quoted text>
It's time they fired the head coach Green! Come on, Vancouver and R. Esche, light a fire under the players' a$$e$ for cryin' out loud!
tonights game was very entertaining. Comets came on hard in the third. Everyone knew it would take 20- 30 games for the team to come together. The ahl is a very competitive league. There's not much difference between winning and losing. If the comets were getting beat by 4 or 5 goals a night it would be different. They do need to play more physical. The ahl isn't like the league uc is in where there's teams that looses 12 games a year 7-1. Both Rochester and Texas teams had a lot of high end prospects who have a year or two of ahl experience. That was the difference these past two games.
But

United States

#5 Nov 17, 2013
But what has it really advanced the area beyond the friends and family that Brindisi and Griffo arranged deals with? Zip. Grade A Doofus distractions.
Helps the beer crowd pass the time?

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#6 Nov 17, 2013
But wrote:
But what has it really advanced the area beyond the friends and family that Brindisi and Griffo arranged deals with? Zip. Grade A Doofus distractions.
Helps the beer crowd pass the time?
your clueless, its entertainment. the comets have great interaction with the fans.fan cam, trivia contest with a kid, kissing cam, give giveaways. its called promotions and promoting your product. what do you want them to do, be like the devils, who had no fan interaction other than score-o??? thats why they didnt make it in utica, they couldnt promote their product. the comets haven't won a home game yet and they are averaging over 3200 fans a game. the devils never even came close to that average. go back to your weekend mall walking and stalking playgrounds.........
Really Stupid

Utica, NY

#7 Nov 17, 2013
guess what wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! The Comets don't display any sense of urgency...hey what's one more loss....
I'm a fan, and I appreciate the fact that it takes time playing together, to get the results people are expecting, but the Comets need to be more aggressive. Sure you don't want to be taking on penalties, but you can't accept BEING PUSHED AROUND "IN YOUR OWN HOUSE!"
Texas did very well at passing the puck, and setting up plays. So for god sake,HIT some people, make them aware you're there, and they'll be less focused on the puck....less likely to take a position where they keep getting hit....it's part of the game.
Bob

Utica, NY

#8 Nov 17, 2013
People, they are not good with no talent. Is this hard to understand? Team stinks, city stinks and owner DuRoss is a con loser.
Goon squad

New Hartford, NY

#9 Nov 17, 2013
Need to get a goon for the Comets squad. If you can't win then at least have some good fights to get the crowd more into the game. Old Clinton Comets hockey always had a few good fights almost every game...
comets uc

Holland Patent, NY

#10 Nov 17, 2013
Goon squad wrote:
Need to get a goon for the Comets squad. If you can't win then at least have some good fights to get the crowd more into the game. Old Clinton Comets hockey always had a few good fights almost every game...
your living in the past, there's no room in today's NHL or AHL for goons. its a different game, built on speed, skill and toughness. you put a knuckle dragging goon on the ice today and he simply wont be able to keep up with the speed of the game. that's why there are none today. the comets do need to play more physical and carry the game at home, they seem to wait and see what happens. im sure green will get 40 games to prove himself.
hockey fanatic

Utica, NY

#11 Nov 17, 2013
I've been going to most of the games and enjoying all of them ,win or lose.
holy simpleton

Albany, NY

#12 Nov 17, 2013
iv enjoyed all of the games also except there was one game te the comets didnt show up till the third period. they have be entertaining and competative games for the most part!!! good hockey for sure!!!
teddy

Cortland, NY

#13 Nov 17, 2013
Enjoying the opportunity to be able to go to an AHL game in my hometown. Good times!
Comets

Utica, NY

#14 Nov 17, 2013
They need to shoot more instead of over passing the puck. They leave way to manny shots that they could have had and even pass on breakaways
Exactly what I thought

Rome, NY

#15 Nov 17, 2013
And they're getting great support for a team that has only won two games. Imagine what attendance will be like when they start winning.

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#16 Nov 17, 2013
Comets wrote:
They need to shoot more instead of over passing the puck. They leave way to manny shots that they could have had and even pass on breakaways
thats pretty much a sign of a team with not a lot of confidence in their scoring ability. they are always trying for the perfect shot instead of shooting and crashing the net. they want pretty goals instead of dirty goals. but they have a ton of young player who just need to play and learn what it takes to win. the games are entertaining, and the fan support is there.
former fan

Ilion, NY

#17 Nov 17, 2013
They suck
Goon squad

New Hartford, NY

#18 Nov 17, 2013
comets uc wrote:
<quoted text> your living in the past, there's no room in today's NHL or AHL for goons. its a different game, built on speed, skill and toughness. you put a knuckle dragging goon on the ice today and he simply wont be able to keep up with the speed of the game. that's why there are none today. the comets do need to play more physical and carry the game at home, they seem to wait and see what happens. im sure green will get 40 games to prove himself.
Well let's get some good fighters if you don't want to call them goons or enforcers. Here are a list of some of the good fighters in the NHL. If the Comets can't win at least we could have a few good fights...

Brian McGrattan
Steve MacIntyre
Shawn Thornton
Matt Kassian
Matt Carkner
John Scott
George Parros
Ryan Reaves
Jody Shelley
Colton Orr
Darcy Hordichuk
Jay Rosehill, Brandon Bollig, Jared Boll, Eric Boulton, John Erskine, Brad Staubitz, Cam Janssen, Krys Barch, Mike Rupp, Stu Bickle, Arron Asham, Deryk Engelland, Chris Neil, Matt Martin, Derek Dorsett, Adam McQuaid, Zenon Konopka, Tim Jackman, Brad Winchester, Mike Brown, Jim Vandermeer, Matt Walker, Cody McCormick, Jamal Mayers, Cody McLeod, Kyle Clifford, Zac Rinaldo, Micheal Haley, Aaron Volpatti, Ryane Clowe, Milan Lucic.
guess what

Rome, NY

#19 Nov 17, 2013
Maybe Vancouver can loan Utica the notorious Tom Sestito for a few home games. Perhaps get "Nasty" Mirasty on loan from wherever he may be nowadays. I say get rid of Green as coach and rock the Aud! Remember Serge Roberge?
Audie

Danielson, CT

#20 Nov 18, 2013
guess what wrote:
Maybe Vancouver can loan Utica the notorious Tom Sestito for a few home games. Perhaps get "Nasty" Mirasty on loan from wherever he may be nowadays. I say get rid of Green as coach and rock the Aud! Remember Serge Roberge?
. No. 24 Serge Roberge !!! When he jumped on the ice, you knew what was up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comets look Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! 4 min Cretin is Riggie ... 18
Utica Aud: AHL Welfare All-Star game 9 min Nano Sheep 216
Utica Vomits -embarrassing 9 min Cretin is Riggie ... 34
Rat Picente endorses Cuomo in TV ads 11 min Nano Sheep 18
Looking 4 A Roofer (Mar '09) 17 min Hello 37
It's custmary for the men to pay 19 min rich 3
Imagine being a Utica Welfare Comets fan! 21 min Comets Welfare Stars 1
Proctor football should be ashamed. 58 min Get a life 15
School Principals 2 hr Bernie 5
utica national (Jun '13) 2 hr POS 643