free bookbags and school supplies...a...

free bookbags and school supplies...again

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
seenitall

Utica, NY

#1 Jul 16, 2013
Always my favorite time of the year when every prick comes out of the woodwork to grab school supply giveaways even though they can afford to buy them for their own kids. These so-called giveaways do nothing but further enable moochers to live off the dole and never do a doggone thing for themselves or their kids and then, their kids continue the legacy of living off the working class. Time to end this...give NOTHING to these collections and do not donate any money to organizations that do this. YOu are cutting your own throat if you do. Considering who gets the stuff, it would be more productive to shove it down the toilet. The kids are losers and usually destroy everything they are given or their parents sell it for even more drug money. Force these loser parents to be responsible for their own kids. Don't use the kids as a ploy saying they are the ones who suffer, because they don't. They won't use anything that you give them.
Take Responsibility

Gouverneur, NY

#2 Jul 16, 2013
I have no problem donating to people who really need it, but as I type this, Walmart is having a huge sale on school supplies: backpacks for $5, and notesbooks, pens, and numerous other back to school items that usually sell for a few dollars are on sale for 25 cents, 50 cents, ridiculously low prices..you mean to tell me that parents can't start planning their back to school budget from now and pick up a few things a week while they're grocery shopping between now and September?

Why do some people have kids and then don't want to support them, they want handouts from other people who work hard for their money for every little thing!!
Lol

United States

#3 Jul 16, 2013
Yes we should instead let the children go to school without supplies and do poorly in school because that will certainly benefit society more than saving money on some books
right

Utica, NY

#4 Jul 16, 2013
Lol wrote:
Yes we should instead let the children go to school without supplies and do poorly in school because that will certainly benefit society more than saving money on some books
The kids do poorly no matter what they take to school with them. The kids are the responsibility of their PARENTS. If the parents are forced to take responsibility the kids will do better. No good ever came out of handouts like these. I've watched it repeatedly. Inside the first week, the book bag is gone, the pens are lost or thrown away, the notebooks are by the curb, and all your do gooding did nothing but enable the continuation of a vicious entitlement cycle.
linka

Utica, NY

#5 Jul 16, 2013
Take Responsibility wrote:
I have no problem donating to people who really need it, but as I type this, Walmart is having a huge sale on school supplies: backpacks for $5, and notesbooks, pens, and numerous other back to school items that usually sell for a few dollars are on sale for 25 cents, 50 cents, ridiculously low prices..you mean to tell me that parents can't start planning their back to school budget from now and pick up a few things a week while they're grocery shopping between now and September?
Why do some people have kids and then don't want to support them, they want handouts from other people who work hard for their money for every little thing!!
You are absolutely correct. Notebooks were 10 cents last week on special, Glue 25 cents, loads of packages of 10 pens, 20pencils, rulers all under a dollar. There was a selection of bookbags that were three dollars and they looked sturdy enough to last the entire year and then some. Anyone on welfare, foodstamps and medicaid can afford these prices--the poorest of the poor could outfit a family of six kids for the entire year for 25.00 dollars. There is no excuse for these damn handouts. Teach the parents responsibility and then the kids will learn it.
Inquirer

Long Island City, NY

#6 Jul 16, 2013
right wrote:
<quoted text>
The kids do poorly no matter what they take to school with them. The kids are the responsibility of their PARENTS. If the parents are forced to take responsibility the kids will do better. No good ever came out of handouts like these. I've watched it repeatedly. Inside the first week, the book bag is gone, the pens are lost or thrown away, the notebooks are by the curb, and all your do gooding did nothing but enable the continuation of a vicious entitlement cycle.
Absolutely RIGHT. My little brother's (Big Brother/Big Sister)Mother was such a lazy welfare Sh it she couldn't even get the kid on the free bus to get his free breakfast and free lunch, free ride home for his free food stamp dinner in his free apartment with free heat while she smoked her free cigeretts in the doorway while letting all her free heat out the open door in the middle of winter. NEVER worked with the kid on school work so I worked with him on the assignments. Kid instantly inproved. Mother bitched to me that I was too tough on him, so we parted ways, unfortunately it hurts the kid. Moral of the story, you can give the kid everything under the sun, but if the parent doesn't step up & take responsibility, the kid looses. Very sad.
doobie

Utica, NY

#7 Jul 16, 2013
Inquirer wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely RIGHT. My little brother's (Big Brother/Big Sister)Mother was such a lazy welfare Sh it she couldn't even get the kid on the free bus to get his free breakfast and free lunch, free ride home for his free food stamp dinner in his free apartment with free heat while she smoked her free cigeretts in the doorway while letting all her free heat out the open door in the middle of winter. NEVER worked with the kid on school work so I worked with him on the assignments. Kid instantly inproved. Mother bitched to me that I was too tough on him, so we parted ways, unfortunately it hurts the kid. Moral of the story, you can give the kid everything under the sun, but if the parent doesn't step up & take responsibility, the kid looses. Very sad.
It's not their "cultural" way to do anything for themselves or teach their kids anything. What a shame for that kid.
hmmm

Syracuse, NY

#8 Jul 17, 2013
I agree that whenever something is free there are those who take advantage but I would rather they receive free school supplies than the $200/child welfare "bonus" they got a couple of years ago. They went wild with that money!
eddie

Utica, NY

#9 Jul 17, 2013
hmmm wrote:
I agree that whenever something is free there are those who take advantage but I would rather they receive free school supplies than the $200/child welfare "bonus" they got a couple of years ago. They went wild with that money!
I would rather the parents use the money they have to take care of their own kids. If you read the above posters about Walmart supplies, you know that it takes very little to supply a kid with the classroom basics for school. There is no excuse for these giveaways. They are enabling parents to shirk their responsibility and they are harmful.
shawanna duncan

Boon, MI

#10 Aug 15, 2013
free i love it my mom got low income
shawanna duncan

Boon, MI

#11 Aug 15, 2013
free school supplise for kids sound good
justwondering

Whitesboro, NY

#12 Aug 15, 2013
Why not give the supplies to the schools and let the teachers distribute to the students who need them?
No do not give anything

United States

#13 Aug 15, 2013
Lol wrote:
Wrong! It is NOT societies responsibility to take care of these sperm specimens, it is the responsibility of those who birthed them. I am for advocating the complete elimination of free public schooling, it is time for those who bring these brats into the world to pay for their education. If they can't afford due to unforeseen circumstances way beyond their control, who have been hardworking individuals that have done for the society is one thing, but not those who want to be powdered, bottom wiped, diapered, fed and burped!

They must be forced to realize they give birth it is their responsibility or take that sperm specimen away. There is something to say about forced abortions on those who are drug addicts, criminals, or plain too stupid and lazy to do a damn thing. I advocate for the ending of all free breakfasts, lunches, free after school programs, and more. I believe in ending welfare, WIC, food stamps, child healthcare plus programs and more. It is total bull, we do not owe these losers anything. Buying them school supplies does not prove they would be successful or even bother to do anything. Most will be a product of what birthed them thus complete losers, lowlifes and more.

Take a look at Utica, the cycle continues. It will never change unless we take massive and highly painful measures that so if some kill themselves and those they birthed, so be it. Kids are NOT our responsibility! Perfect example is that Wameling case, this was a case which right from the start both sperm and ovarian suppliers should have been forced sterilized, she's a druggie and he is a loser! Right from the start that is trouble!

Now your King Obama wants to loosen those drug laws, NO! You have drugs, use it, sell it you should be executed hence there can be no rehabilitation for said individual!

It is time those who donate their sperm and ovaries for the production of the next generation be held responsible or pay the ultimate price.

The bottom line the more we do for these losers, they more they demand you do for these losers. When they don't get their way and they get arrested for time card fraud or in the case of Jesse Jackson JR. they craft phony back or other injuries and thus the coffers continue for their bank accounts!

No, do not donate. It is one thing if it was a family or a widow//widower who recently had bad luck lost their job but are TRYING TO GET BACK ON THEIR FEET, but not the garbage one sees in Utica! Buying them school supplies only feed their way to future of incarceration! They are the product of their respective sperm or ovary donators, not us, the public!

Cold maybe cold, but it will never change. It is time to force sterilization on all those who are drug users, sellers, criminals or complete lowlifes, force pay for education, force uniforms, mandatory service in military and more.

Woo

Whitesboro, NY

#14 Aug 15, 2013
justwondering wrote:
Why not give the supplies to the schools and let the teachers distribute to the students who need them?
Good suggestion.
jackie

Utica, NY

#15 Aug 16, 2013
Woo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good suggestion.
Here's an idea: Why not let the parents take care of their own kids.
Woo

Whitesboro, NY

#16 Aug 17, 2013
jackie wrote:
<quoted text>Here's an idea: Why not let the parents take care of their own kids.
Even better suggestion.
Lil Lady

Needham, MA

#18 Aug 31, 2013
Seriously would like to slap the snot out of all you ignorant,small minded p.o.s.. My children have all recieved school supplies free of charge & guess what 1 is a high honor roll student, who probaly has more brains & class then anyone of you put to together! They get free/reduced breakfast & lunch as well. We also recieve health care benifits & foodstamps. Are You Seriously Saying I'm A Bad Parent,Because we revieve these much needed greatly appreciated benefits ??? I work & I bust my hump on a daily basis yet I still need help. Not everyone is just out for a free hand out & all of you assuming every child that recieves school supplies free of charge is or will be a druggie & eventually jailed is un-called for & un-true.Get Lives & Leave these innocent children out if your careless banter... Thanx & have a great day... yours truely a welfare recipient
Lucky Kid

New York, NY

#20 Aug 31, 2013
Nice to know I'm paying for your ass to type away on your computer on Topix. Make sure you tesh your kids how to spell leech.
Lil Lady wrote:
Seriously would like to slap the snot out of all you ignorant,small minded p.o.s.. My children have all recieved school supplies free of charge & guess what 1 is a high honor roll student, who probaly has more brains & class then anyone of you put to together! They get free/reduced breakfast & lunch as well. We also recieve health care benifits & foodstamps. Are You Seriously Saying I'm A Bad Parent,Because we revieve these much needed greatly appreciated benefits ??? I work & I bust my hump on a daily basis yet I still need help. Not everyone is just out for a free hand out & all of you assuming every child that recieves school supplies free of charge is or will be a druggie & eventually jailed is un-called for & un-true.Get Lives & Leave these innocent children out if your careless banter... Thanx & have a great day... yours truely a welfare recipient
Lucky Kid

New York, NY

#21 Aug 31, 2013
Oops....supposed to be teach your kids.
guess what

Whitesboro, NY

#22 Aug 31, 2013
Lil Lady wrote:
Hey, if you have $500.00 a month of EBT cash, couldn't you sacrifice a few dollars of that allowance to get your kids school supplies at Wal-Mart or Dollar Tree? Bull$#it lady! If you 're going to have any giveaway at all, let it be backpacks and lunch boxes, and nothing else!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clarks mills fire mans parade! 18 min Doctor Calling 9
Who was found in the canal? 40 min smile n wave 21
Is Liz Salerno dating her dad? 45 min Sup 72
Millennial Generation 57 min Hi failure 12
4 yo CHILD ABUSED BY SOWBOON IN BRICK HOUSING 1 hr Ufrica calling 137
I Just Love Riggies 1 hr No Riggies For Me 2
attns ELEVEN YEAR OLD HAS TWO KIDS BY BUCK 1 hr Laughing at you 16
Callihan WKTV 17 hr Utica Trash Bags 69

Utica Jobs

More from around the web