Utica and Oneida County Tourism missing a golden opportunity.

Posted in the Utica Forum

Comments (Page 8)

Showing posts 141 - 160 of355
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Whatever but

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

UticaPride wrote:
Adirondack railroad to offer Big Moose trips
The Adirondack Scenic Railroad is heading to Big Moose this summer.
Beginning May 25, the railroad will unveil its first trip to Big Moose since its inception in 1992.
http://www.uticaod.com/archive/x179156258/Adi...
Wed May 08 2013 18:41:24 GMT-0400 (EDT)
Looks like a fun trip for people coming up from NYC or from anywhere else in the world.
Wooo I'm sure that will pack them in by the thousands. Watch out for the hordes soon to descend on uterus like spendthrift locusts people they may need to widen the thruway and add another mainline to the CSX to get to you.
UticaPride

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20...

Gov. Cuomo announces $60 million to promote tourism throughout New York state.

The time is now. Convention Center now. We can't wait.
Whatever but

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

UticaPride wrote:
http://www.watertowndailytimes .com/article/20130509/NEWS09/7 05099726?utm_source=Coffee+Bre ak+5%2F10%2F13&utm_campaig n=Coffee+Break&utm_medium= email
Gov. Cuomo announces $60 million to promote tourism throughout New York state.
The time is now. Convention Center now. We can't wait.
Yay 60 million of your money wasted on retarded "I love NY Taxes and police state" campaigns.

Meanwhile children, NYS had lost 8 billion dollars because of cuomos stance on hydrofracking. And oh btw Remington is talking with 2 states already. Get ready for the wonderful news.

If your state was so wonderful then why is it shedding thousands of people and hundreds of businesses a year?

Nobody wants to work in a toilet state with more takers than makers in it. Good luck with the "sewage canal fests"!

I'm sure that 60 million in glossy union printed junk mail and stupid amateur videos will do "wonders" for cuomo's friends.

You though? You'll still be living in uptard ny pretending your are would be "desirable" as a major major tourist mecca if you could just figure out the right way to word it lol!

60 million laughs for you polyanna parasite police state people!!!
Mike

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Dont worry nobody is coming to get harassed and robbed by the taxes and the cops. Nobody in their right brain would want to go see a fort!
Whatever but wrote:
<quoted text>Wooo I'm sure that will pack them in by the thousands. Watch out for the hordes soon to descend on uterus like spendthrift locusts people they may need to widen the thruway and add another mainline to the CSX to get to you.
level headed

Lake Placid, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Whatever but wrote:
<quoted text>What is without merit are your claims that Utica or Oneida county have all this great stuff going for it. Sorry footrace and rehabs don't cut it. If there was any big attraction you'd be overryn moron. I'm sure you idiots just think it's because you "haven't thought of the key angle" yet. Stay there and go cry and martyr yourself and troll angry at someone who doesn't just laugh. Small minds like small times.
Please get ahold of yourself my man, anger seems to be your best trait and you're making no sense. Regroup. Wipe the foam from your mouth and start fresh.

Good day to you.

Level 3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

UticaPride wrote:
Was looking for an honest conversation about the topic. Didn't figure how many non thinkers and haters they would have on Topix. Honestly could care less about their opinion. Any one with half a brain or who can think outside of the box, please chime in.
These are honest opinions. Posters do not have to be in agreement with you to be honest. That being said, I agree with the Nay-sayers on this one. Unless the proposed convention center was in and of itself an attraction there is no reason to attract people. There isn't a broad spectrum industry that would attract a national interest in Utica. Any regional interest would only attract locals who are a few hours drive away. Turning Stone has its own Convention Center. They would not need to use Uticas. Utica has the prime opportunity to become a modern day Bohemia. You may have a draw to those outside of the mainstream in terms of arts and science. Property is cheap and plentiful. Organize a film and arts festival on par with Sundance and you may get the hipster crowd to come. The city will be overrun with coffee shops and boutiques but at least there will be a draw. Given the right support and financial backing it can become a major hub for independent artists. "The Nashville of the North," "Sundance of the East" "Indie-town." It won't take long for a recording company to realize that there is plenty of cheap real estate. Now that most production is web based, location isn't as big as a factor as it has been in the past. There is an abundance of empty shells of use to be buildings to house these endeavors. There are plenty of support facilities like hotels and restaurants. The Mohawk Valley serves as a perfect setting for films and photography to be shot. The seasonal variations serve for year-round sustainability.
UticaPride

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

I see dum people wrote:
<quoted text>
These are honest opinions. Posters do not have to be in agreement with you to be honest. That being said, I agree with the Nay-sayers on this one. Unless the proposed convention center was in and of itself an attraction there is no reason to attract people. There isn't a broad spectrum industry that would attract a national interest in Utica. Any regional interest would only attract locals who are a few hours drive away. Turning Stone has its own Convention Center. They would not need to use Uticas. Utica has the prime opportunity to become a modern day Bohemia. You may have a draw to those outside of the mainstream in terms of arts and science. Property is cheap and plentiful. Organize a film and arts festival on par with Sundance and you may get the hipster crowd to come. The city will be overrun with coffee shops and boutiques but at least there will be a draw. Given the right support and financial backing it can become a major hub for independent artists. "The Nashville of the North," "Sundance of the East" "Indie-town." It won't take long for a recording company to realize that there is plenty of cheap real estate. Now that most production is web based, location isn't as big as a factor as it has been in the past. There is an abundance of empty shells of use to be buildings to house these endeavors. There are plenty of support facilities like hotels and restaurants. The Mohawk Valley serves as a perfect setting for films and photography to be shot. The seasonal variations serve for year-round sustainability.
Thank for putting together insightful thought. Also, it's ok to disagree like you are. Your the first person that gave an alternative idea. My problem is with the others that trash the area just for the sake of trashing.

My point on Saratoga was 25 years ago they didn't have much going for them either. The quote was you could fire a cannon ball down Broadway and not hit a soul. It's a fact.

So,some argue let's not put up a convention center because we having nothing going on. They say we need an attraction first. My point was they couldn't get people to visit their city. After they put up the convention center,it became great again. Investors took risks and bought buildings. New hotels have moved in. A great source of tax revenue. Restaurants opened up. Retail stores opened up. People moved downtown. We don't have to copy that. However,we can do something similar,even better. We must try.
Give it a rest simpletons

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

UticaPride wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank for putting together insightful thought. Also, it's ok to disagree like you are. Your the first person that gave an alternative idea. My problem is with the others that trash the area just for the sake of trashing.
My point on Saratoga was 25 years ago they didn't have much going for them either. The quote was you could fire a cannon ball down Broadway and not hit a soul. It's a fact.
So,some argue let's not put up a convention center because we having nothing going on. They say we need an attraction first. My point was they couldn't get people to visit their city. After they put up the convention center,it became great again. Investors took risks and bought buildings. New hotels have moved in. A great source of tax revenue. Restaurants opened up. Retail stores opened up. People moved downtown. We don't have to copy that. However,we can do something similar,even better. We must try.
Face it Saratoga STILL has little going for it so holding that up as some inasane proof just makes you look smalltime and shortsighted.

Look nobody is buying you fucking losers a "convention center" so you can all squander every dime on friends and family and they run it into the ground like the rest of utica.

You people don't quite live up to the minimums. Try "Can Redemption Center" without it ending up a felony bribery or bid rig scam. You have no attractions, and a "convention center" isn't going to hgappen.

I can just see who benefits from "convention center" there LOL!

You people squandered every chance no more have been offered in years. People don't want to come to the most unsophisticated prison land hellhole. You can't compete with the real sophisticated world and real people who know what an consistent attraction is. You don't build you hotel in the middle of nowhere with no draw and expect people to show up. You people are perennially stupid and simplistic to the Nth degree nobody cares or want's anything to do with your mini police state parasitic tax world there. You all wanted it this way and voted for the cesspool life with Hillarys and Cuomos and Destitos now shut the fuckup, sit there and rot. You people accept and PUT UP with the lowlife parasites and "master plan" bullshit. Nobody cares to help those who are too stupid to see their "big ideas" are dreams that belong to successful cities and people. Uticans always want, demand, or failing that LIE that they are the "biggest and bestust" but don't earn it themselves and rarely know how to proceed once they are dealing with something bigger than "Domenicos McSteak House".

Stick to what you know best uticans. NFPs, Prisons, Jails, layers of public service do nothings and rehabs.
Give it a rest simpletons

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

level headed wrote:
<quoted text>
Please get ahold of yourself my man, anger seems to be your best trait and you're making no sense. Regroup. Wipe the foam from your mouth and start fresh.
Good day to you.
What part of "What is without merit are your claims that Utica or Oneida county have all this great stuff going for it. Sorry footrace and rehabs don't cut it. If there was any big attraction you'd be overryn moron. I'm sure you idiots just think it's because you "haven't thought of the key angle" yet. Stay there and go cry and martyr yourself and troll angry at someone who doesn't just laugh. Small minds like small times." was wrong?

You just can't handle cold hard facts. It's you who seems angry I enjoy telling you about yourselves. No need for anger. Wipe your own mouth. Facts won't change just because you label the messenger angry. Maybe this is the "stellar hiwatt brainpower" fail that put you people there.

You can't accept the truth about yourselves without going ballistic. Crying and blaming the world for cny's sad lot won't change it but that hasn't stopped you losers from trying the last 40 years obviously.
ALBANY CRIME DUMP

Camillus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Ape kills for 32 dollars, what jobs the rash losers have.

A city teenager told a judge Friday that he and four others, who met up outside a Family Dollar store after they ambushed, robbed and stabbed Takim Smith, discovered they only got $32 in the deadly set-up.

Keith Ferguson, 17, one of seven teens charged in the February robbery and murder of Smith at a Corliss Park apartment, said the five of them wore masks when the robbed Smith. He said stayed just inside the apartment's front door, acting as a lookout while the others robbed Smith. One of the teens allegedly stabbed the 21-year-old.
Re Offending CO criminal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Most uticans can't even speak without looking like ignorant retards the instant they open their parrot holes.

It truly is all they know. I would really like to see them in a negotiation process.

Outsider " I think it's only worth 1.1 million"

Typical utican " well you're a loser and your fat wh ore mother is on welfare so go give a rim job to another black you homo".
BOILERGASM KENYANCHASER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

I think we found the big big major international draw to upstate ny!!

All their feeding baby neanderthal future public officials and workers haveassholes so this was a "no brainer"! It fits cny people - "Diaper Drive Mentality"

It will be bigger than the BOILERGASM KENYANCHASER!

http://www.wktv.com/news/consumer/Diaper-driv...
ALBANY CRIME DUMP

Camillus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

If only the failure could learn what a computer is besides learning daddy is a gutless failure coward and a clicking a mouse. Keep that rash clean before you infect the clone.
UticaPride

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Most people that post negative would be miserable no matter where they lived. Have only heard one person that didn't like the idea offer others. Interesting,that says a lot about the others. Probably, because they have such little lives and offer nothing towards society or their community.

Also, still want to hear the 60,000 question from the haters. Why do you live here if you don't like it? If you don't live here,why are you on Utica Topix. I am waiting.
UticaPride

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Utica Convention Center Rocks. Utica rises from the ashes. Headline in OD if you built it. Five years from now. Built it and will come!
UticaPride

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Build it and they will come.
UticaPride

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

You know who's against it? The slum lords because they profit off the scum. Maybe it's the downstate government because they want us to build more jails instead for their scum. Look at peoples motives of why they would not want this.
UticaPride

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

There is a million interesting things to do. Did you watch those videos? That is the question? Tell me one thing in any of the videos that you don't find interesting. You want me type each segment of each video and post every episode?

You still didn't answer my question!
ALBANY CRIME DUMP

Camillus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

The big albany topic, must be for rash failure.

Homosexuality and Pedophilia are linked.

Show them what a pro your are rash failure.

Rash and his clone are hilarious.

Poly want a cracker.
UticaPride

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Your wrong about the feast we get bus loads of people from Canada and all over the north east that go to Cosmo & Damiano.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 160 of355
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

447 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Single Mothers .... 3 min Barbie 6
Becker Income Tax Service (Mar '13) 3 min going down 9
WKTV - Where The News Is Always MAJOR & NATIONAL! 5 min Stupidest People on Earth 3
Observer Dispatch - CNY News For Stupid People 13 min So far - So good 7
Utica Zombies 20 min Ooo ooo 16
Utica Comets Future 20 min Dream On 5
comets vancouver 20 min comets comets comets 123
Official: Goodbye Comets 41 min Dream On 41
Man shot dead at 1551 Oneida St. 2 hr any one know 3
Dan LaBella...where is he now? 3 hr Young ones 104
Childrens Museum post watch guard. 4 hr Interesting 46
•••

Flood Warning for Oneida County was issued at April 16 at 1:55PM EDT

•••
•••