Utica and Oneida County Tourism missi...
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#110 May 8, 2013
I am not saying you are not smart because you don't have a map. One would think you could get to the adirondacks from 81 a lot easier but can't. Also, one would think Saratoga never had a problem attracting visitors but that's not true either. That's the perception not fact. Utica has problems I agree. But,we can fix them. Others have and so can we.
Criffy Alert

Gouverneur, NY

#114 May 8, 2013
Whitesboro HS and Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
Also I suggest you look at the adirondacks own web page for tourism.
"With so much to explore and do in the Adirondack Park, getting here is just part of the adventure. Interstate 87 and 81 make travelling by car easy, quick and affordable".
http://visitadirondacks.com/first-time-visito...
But keep believing the "gateway to the adirondacks" spew the political leaders cram down uticans throats. By the way there's no mention of utica or route 12 anywhere on the page. It's another utica myth.
Warning: it's Criffy above blabbering again. The only thing you can believe is that he's a fat coward with a rash.
Disgusting

Selkirk, NY

#115 May 8, 2013
Whitesboro HS and Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
Also I suggest you look at the adirondacks own web page for tourism.
"With so much to explore and do in the Adirondack Park, getting here is just part of the adventure. Interstate 87 and 81 make travelling by car easy, quick and affordable".
http://visitadirondacks.com/first-time-visito...
But keep believing the "gateway to the adirondacks" spew the political leaders cram down uticans throats. By the way there's no mention of utica or route 12 anywhere on the page. It's another utica myth.
.

Oh snap!
Criffy Alert

Gouverneur, NY

#116 May 8, 2013
Disgusting wrote:
<quoted text>.
Oh snap!
Oh Criffy!
Clueless

New Hartford, NY

#117 May 8, 2013
Tell me some more about how it's all about the City Center in Saratoga. And they didn't even include some of the biggest concerts on the schedule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch... #!
Results dont lie

United States

#118 May 8, 2013
Anyway the point is how ridiculous most of the "big ideas" the uticans hatch are always puny pathetic tourism based garbage and they forget nobody wants to come look at a wooden fort or prison families.

Over and over again they make the same mistakes and excuse their repulsive personalities and endless business and economic failures on the "naysayers".

as if utica has always had all it needed to be a vibrant massive population center, it's just been waiting for someone to have a big "event" or coffeehouse!

Uticans are the reason utica will always fail. They are blind, gullible, lazy and spend more time defending their morosely pathetic "big ideas" for economic fortune like children on a playground The education and local government systems became cancer and parasite infested unaccountable pisshole careers over the last 30 years. The results all around you speak volumes.

Good luck with the "epic events".

“End Prohabition!”

Level 3

Since: Sep 09

Utica

#119 May 8, 2013
Whitesboro HS and Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
To,answer your question about roads off of 81 heading east. Without a map I think it's 11, 3, 26, there's a boatload of them.
Take 81 to 3? So I'm going to drive to Watertown to get to the ADK's?

11 is parallel to 81. 26 goes through Rome which is still Oneida County. 26 turns into 12 in Lowville but you have overshot most of the state roads into the ADK's until 3, again way out of the way as 3 runs along the border of US Canada.

28, 8, and 12 take you into the heart of the ADK's.

Just a guess without a map in front of me.
Criffy Alert

Gouverneur, NY

#120 May 8, 2013
Results dont lie wrote:
Anyway the point is how ridiculous most of the "big ideas" the uticans hatch are always puny pathetic tourism based garbage and they forget nobody wants to come look at a wooden fort or prison families.
Over and over again they make the same mistakes and excuse their repulsive personalities and endless business and economic failures on the "naysayers".
as if utica has always had all it needed to be a vibrant massive population center, it's just been waiting for someone to have a big "event" or coffeehouse!
Uticans are the reason utica will always fail. They are blind, gullible, lazy and spend more time defending their morosely pathetic "big ideas" for economic fortune like children on a playground The education and local government systems became cancer and parasite infested unaccountable pisshole careers over the last 30 years. The results all around you speak volumes.
Good luck with the "epic events".
Warning: it's Criffy above blabbering again. The only thing you can believe is that he's a fat coward with a rash.
Oooticans -just pathetic

United States

#123 May 8, 2013
Chillin in CNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Take 81 to 3? So I'm going to drive to Watertown to get to the ADK's?
11 is parallel to 81. 26 goes through Rome which is still Oneida County. 26 turns into 12 in Lowville but you have overshot most of the state roads into the ADK's until 3, again way out of the way as 3 runs along the border of US Canada.
28, 8, and 12 take you into the heart of the ADK's.
Just a guess without a map in front of me.
That's the other sad side of "oootican defensive logic" at work. They make some fantastic or impossible claim and hold up some half-logic as "proof".

Example-

"Joe Bonamassa is basically an unknown, he's never been on a single us talk show like Letterman or Leno for example".

Utican - "OH! Well he's too famous and doesn't need to do talk shows!"

YES they are THAT fucking obviously pathetic. Now thay are trying to change physics to make it sound like oootica ny is a "gateway" to anything but probation, ruin and misery lol!

These cny people literally ASK for this abuse! They make up total fcking children lies and when you poke holes in them they scream like stuck little pigs and hurl monkeyfeces from their holes at you.

Example found here---

"It truly is all they know. I would really like to see them in a negotiation process.
Outsider " I think it's only worth 1.1 million"
Typical utican " well you're a loser and your fat wh ore mother is on welfare so go give a rim job to another black you homo".

They ask to be abused everytime they open their lying faces.
Criffy Alert

Gouverneur, NY

#124 May 8, 2013
Oooticans -just pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>That's the other sad side of "oootican defensive logic" at work. They make some fantastic or impossible claim and hold up some half-logic as "proof".
Example-
"Joe Bonamassa is basically an unknown, he's never been on a single us talk show like Letterman or Leno for example".
Utican - "OH! Well he's too famous and doesn't need to do talk shows!"
YES they are THAT fucking obviously pathetic. Now thay are trying to change physics to make it sound like oootica ny is a "gateway" to anything but probation, ruin and misery lol!
These cny people literally ASK for this abuse! They make up total fcking children lies and when you poke holes in them they scream like stuck little pigs and hurl monkeyfeces from their holes at you.
Example found here---
"It truly is all they know. I would really like to see them in a negotiation process.
Outsider " I think it's only worth 1.1 million"
Typical utican " well you're a loser and your fat wh ore mother is on welfare so go give a rim job to another black you homo".
They ask to be abused everytime they open their lying faces.
Warning: it's Criffy above blabbering again. The only thing you can believe is that he's a fat coward with a rash.
Clueless

New Hartford, NY

#125 May 8, 2013
Whitesboro HS and Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they missed the two days of Dave Matthews and the phish concert which all draw huge crowds.
They left out some of the biggest shows. Jason Aldean, Rascal Flatts, Luke Bryan, Brad Paisley, John Mayer, Bob Dylan & Freinds, Maroon 5, Zach Brown Band, Allman Bros.

SPAC has got to be good for bringing at least half to three quarters of a million people to Saratoga every summer. At least.

Track attendance was over 900k or 22+k a day.

In all seriousness what does the Utica area have that could draw those numbers. The only thing remotely close is Turning Stone and they're got it all under on roof. No need for an additional convention center.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#127 May 8, 2013
Clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
They left out some of the biggest shows. Jason Aldean, Rascal Flatts, Luke Bryan, Brad Paisley, John Mayer, Bob Dylan & Freinds, Maroon 5, Zach Brown Band, Allman Bros.
SPAC has got to be good for bringing at least half to three quarters of a million people to Saratoga every summer. At least.
Track attendance was over 900k or 22+k a day.
In all seriousness what does the Utica area have that could draw those numbers. The only thing remotely close is Turning Stone and they're got it all under on roof. No need for an additional convention center.
How about Woodstock in Rome? If you think it,it can happen.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#130 May 8, 2013
Whitesboro HS and Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
Also I suggest you look at the adirondacks own web page for tourism.
"With so much to explore and do in the Adirondack Park, getting here is just part of the adventure. Interstate 87 and 81 make travelling by car easy, quick and affordable".
http://visitadirondacks.com/first-time-visito...
But keep believing the "gateway to the adirondacks" spew the political leaders cram down uticans throats. By the way there's no mention of utica or route 12 anywhere on the page. It's another utica myth.
That is funny even their web site got it wrong! Utica is the red headed step child of the state. It is impossible to think 81 is the way to get to the Adirondacks. Like the other post you would have to go all the way up to Watertown to catch route 3 to get there. That is funny. You did look at the map? Maybe our chamber or County Tourism should call them to get route 12 included. All the more reason to organize a group. At least
Pro Bass Shop got it right.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#132 May 8, 2013
http://www.mapquest.com/#fe1b9f1f3fa42f097354... . Rochester to Tupper Lake. Which is the closest Adirondack town off of 3 is an 18 min drive difference if you take 81 vs route 12. I would take route 12 a much more scenic drive. 81 is boring.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#135 May 8, 2013
Thank God map quest has it right if your coming from Rochester and you are going to Blue Mountain Lake or to Gore Mountain they have you going through Utica. Smart company that map quest.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#136 May 8, 2013
Whitesboro HS and Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
Scenic drive on 12? What are you seeing? The Walmart? Barneveld? All the run down homes?
Why do you live here if you hate it so much. if you don't live here why are you reading Utica Topix?
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#138 May 8, 2013
Utica is not a punch line for me. I love it here. I grew up here! My family is here. The best food in the world in my opinion is right here. I love winter sports. Ski snowmobile. I love the spring fish white water raft. Summer is awesome and fall is beautiful. I think the Mohawk Valley is beautiful. I think it much more interesting driving around here,then driving out to the west part of the state. It is very flat and not that interesting.
i wish

Utica, NY

#139 May 8, 2013
UticaPride wrote:
It's black and white. No grey area here. 16.6 billion on the table. What is the draw to other areas?
I don't think Syracuse or Rochester or Buffalo are that much of a draw. The big draw is we are the center of the state. We have great golf courses in the area. We are the gateway to the Adirondack. We have great art,food and culture.
Most state groups,clubs organizations meet once a year. Not to mention the untapped sports market. Look what the boilermakers brings in alone. We can do much better with soccer,Lacrosse,basketball,Gym nastics and the list goes on and on.
Buffalo has a huge draw with Niagra falls and 2 pro sports teams. They are the gateway to Canada and have way more art and culture than we do. Syracuse has the 5 th largest mall in the country and a major university. I don't know much about Rochester. I bet Saratoga and lake George make up a good percentage. People who are on their way to the adirondack barley spend one night here. Maybe walk around and eat at one restaurant. Those people and the people who come here for art are not generally big spenders. Having such a dump for a downtown does not help. But hey we have a round a bout soooooo......
omg

United States

#140 May 8, 2013
UticaPride wrote:
Utica is not a punch line for me. I love it here. I grew up here! My family is here. The best food in the world in my opinion is right here. I love winter sports. Ski snowmobile. I love the spring fish white water raft. Summer is awesome and fall is beautiful. I think the Mohawk Valley is beautiful. I think it much more interesting driving around here,then driving out to the west part of the state. It is very flat and not that interesting.
CNY is flat compared to growing up in the shawangunks and palisades. There's no cliff you can park your fullsize blazer full of friends on at night 1500 feet up a straight cliff drop and hundreds of miles of mountain springs and trails and cloves. No cliffs where you can see 4 cities for 40 miles including nyc. You're crazy you should get brave and drive past herkimer sometime.
Criffy Alert

Gouverneur, NY

#145 May 9, 2013
Whitesboro HS and Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
May I also ask where do you white water raft in utica?
Warning: Criffy is posting above. He will attempt to fill you with hate because his life is pathetic and he wants company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mid-State Prison Closings 4 min Whos who 14
Trump Raw Dogs Porn Star 6 min Truth 4
Joey Percoco Trial 24 min A Taxpayer 12
Burmaster 25 min jim 6
Bella Regina Wins Again 27 min Shutdown 12
Women's March Unorganized 27 min Sad But True 1
Majority Blame Dems for Shut Down 32 min The Wall 4
So I Was In Lowes 50 min Mute 69
Piazza k9 services 55 min areyouserious 73
Yorville fire. Wktv. Wow!! 1 hr Weight watchers 42
WIBX is an absolute joke 1 hr Listener 37
Herb Philipson's being sold 5 hr Rosemary 96

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages