Utica and Oneida County Tourism missi...
level headed

Ardsley, NY

#283 May 15, 2013
Utica Pride, I give you credit for continuing with your well-intentioned effort to create dialogue. Keep it going. Being up against a few (or just one...it is hard to tell) grossly egocentric know-it-alls is a tough job. To face arguements of being "highly delusional" and "I point my finger and laugh at you" or worse...the editor-type...has yet to turn you off.

It would be great to have a thorough discussion about things like cohesiveness of attractions, revamped Zoo, MWPAI, Sculpture Space, art opportunities, more attractive downtown, well-done festivals, etc. They all come into play.

A discussion about leadership and self-serving ways is a whole other topic.

Good luck. I pity the fool who suggests a tram around the city!
Disgusting

Stafford Springs, CT

#285 May 15, 2013
You people are still debating tourism for Utica? How many drugs a day do you do?
level headed

Ardsley, NY

#286 May 15, 2013
I think there are attractions that are not all that they can be. The Zoo for example, is a great commodity and does appear better than ever before but its not enough. A revamp, overhaul with mature exhibits done well to display the collection of animals the current facility cannot support would be worth the effort.

It's a start anyway. Not the solution but a start.
Clueless

New Hartford, NY

#287 May 15, 2013
The zoo is a perfect example. It's sad. Not even the same league as the Rosamond Gifford Zoo in Syracuse. Same with the Most as compared to the Children's Museum in Utica. The standards in Utica are so far below those elsewhere.
level headed

Ardsley, NY

#288 May 15, 2013
Clueless wrote:
The zoo is a perfect example. It's sad. Not even the same league as the Rosamond Gifford Zoo in Syracuse. Same with the Most as compared to the Children's Museum in Utica. The standards in Utica are so far below those elsewhere.
Agreed. That's why I used it. The bones are here. We can do better. Again, it's a start.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#290 May 16, 2013
Utica Prison Fort Center wrote:
<quoted text>
I read this forum and news about the utica region just for the comedy. Cut and dried. I truly don't think you know how much of a punch line the city of utica is state wide.
I am glad you find comedy when area may be down. However,like any good prize fighter,like us. We are not out. We will fight back! Utica may be a joke around the state now but not for long. We will have the last laugh.

You mention Brinkerhoff Ave in corn hill. Which by the way is one of fastest growing areas in Utica. New Americans and Utican's live here from all over the world. We are really the only city in upstate NY that has seen it's population rise in the last census. I am on that street a lot because one of my best friends lives there. So,I know.

Utica now has over 46 languages spoken in it's school system. Like our grand parents they are helping us rebuild the city. They have been given a second chance in life. I am grateful that they are here.
They have what is called emotional muscle. I am grateful that my kids go to school in Utica because they are learning a valuable lesson being side by side with our newest Americans. Learning cultural diversity and being prepared for the real world.

What made America number one was a sharing of ideas,customs and traditions from around the world. This is why Utica this old rust belt city will be number one again.
Ur smokin JollyRanchers

United States

#291 May 16, 2013
UticaPride wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you find comedy when area may be down. However,like any good prize fighter,like us. We are not out. We will fight back! Utica may be a joke around the state now but not for long. We will have the last laugh.
You mention Brinkerhoff Ave in corn hill. Which by the way is one of fastest growing areas in Utica. New Americans and Utican's live here from all over the world. We are really the only city in upstate NY that has seen it's population rise in the last census. I am on that street a lot because one of my best friends lives there. So,I know.
Utica now has over 46 languages spoken in it's school system. Like our grand parents they are helping us rebuild the city. They have been given a second chance in life. I am grateful that they are here.
They have what is called emotional muscle. I am grateful that my kids go to school in Utica because they are learning a valuable lesson being side by side with our newest Americans. Learning cultural diversity and being prepared for the real world.
What made America number one was a sharing of ideas,customs and traditions from around the world. This is why Utica this old rust belt city will be number one again.
Someone's smoking the jolly ranchers again. Half the "values" you cite sorta prove how shortsighted and substandard it is.

Utica is like a "prize fighter" really? Utica was never known for any major significant advance or cultural offering. You only tell ourself you were a "prize fighter". As if that's all it takes to grow some heart!

Joke--->"However,like any good prize fighter,like us. We are not out."
You were always out. If utica was an "fighter" then LOL utica has been getting mudholes stomped in its face for about 20 years!!!

You were just living off the people that actually produced until your liberal yellow police state tax&spend ways killed you. You're just residual cancer cells on a dead corpse now, how's that renaissance working out?

Your educational system is an ignorance university. Look at the historic results. You people speak in misheard sayings and debate using pedantic reasoning and distractions. If you can't assault someone to make yourself right then name calling or calling them a [\]igger certainly will!

"I am grateful that my kids go to school in Utica"? Really? That's hysterical, they'll curse you for raising them there in 15 years when they're stuck in a public job counting farts for a living.

You're a few good people but mostly a pack of bigots, public-job parasite gorillas and adult children that talk in circles. You cower when the sky storms and roll boulders at people who present ideas to you that work elsewhere. You spend entire news cycles on bogeyman issues trying to legislate entropy to distract you from the real problems... the taxeaters.

You're so small time there your residents are actually known to over embellish everything like that one weird cousin everyone has in their family they don't talk about.

Utica was always an arrogant shithole that never quite realized what a joke it was, you can tell by the way people who lived there talked about insignificant "accomplishments". You're a valley that once did well but now all that's left are the cancer cells that killed the host.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#293 May 16, 2013
Utica could provide a "Pavia Tour". It's a tour that showcases all of the commercial building up for sale or lease.
Clifton Park the home of people with no lives because they are on topics all day.
So true

United States

#294 May 16, 2013
Thats funny and so true LOL!
Utica could provide a "Pavia Tour". It's a tour that showcases all of the commercial building up for sale or lease.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#299 May 18, 2013
Maybe a nice behind the scenes tour of all of the hidden former stores in riverside center.
Maybe we can move to Clifton Park and stay on Utica Topix all day because you have no life and there is nothing to do in Clifton Park. You're obsessed with Utica. Your name is on every post. You can't get enough of us.
Cretin Alert

Gouverneur, NY

#301 May 18, 2013
Avoid CNY like poison wrote:
Typical upstate simpleton crying and trying to change the subject fom a plain and uncomfortable truth. This is why you are know far and wide as mental infants and retards. Omg this is like debating farm animals.<quoted text>
Warning: The self proclaimed moron Cretin is posting above. He lives in Utica where he is close to the farm animals at the zoo that he debates with and also has his way with at night.
Disgusting

Pascoag, RI

#303 May 18, 2013
Just got back from the Yankee game and the Bronx reminds me of Utica except the Bronx has the Yankees and other NYC attractions close by. Utica is such a dump and the people of that area only make it worse. Disgusting area and disgusting people in Utica.
SREGGINBLCK DRAIN USA

Fayetteville, NY

#306 May 18, 2013
Avoid CNY like poison wrote:
Typical upstate simpleton crying and trying to change the subject fom a plain and uncomfortable truth. This is why you are know far and wide as mental infants and retards. Omg this is like debating farm animals.<quoted text>
Weapons violations are committed by Blacks at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are caught receiving or buying stolen property at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are involved in prostitution at almost 4 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are arrested for drug crimes at over 4 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are more than three times as likely as Whites to be caught at forgery, counterfeiting, and fraud, and almost three times as likely to be caught at embezzlement;

Blacks are more than 3 times as likely to be thieves as Whites;

Blacks are more than 4 times as likely to commit assault as Whites;

Blacks are almost 4.5 times as likely to steal a motor vehicle;

Blacks are more than 5 times as likely to commit forcible rape as Whites;

Blacks are over 8 times as likely to commit murder as Whites;

Blacks are more than 10 times as likely to commit robbery as Whites;

Nearly 25% of all Black males between the ages of 20 and 29 are in jail or on probation - this does not include those wanted or awaiting trial;

For all violent crimes considered together, Blacks are almost 5.5 times more likely to commit violent criminal acts than Whites; all this according to the FBI Uniform Crime Report.
SREGGINBLCK DRAIN USA

Fayetteville, NY

#307 May 18, 2013
Run far run fast wrote:
Utica is a disaster area. Comical to think people would want to move there. Ever,
Weapons violations are committed by Blacks at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are caught receiving or buying stolen property at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are involved in prostitution at almost 4 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are arrested for drug crimes at over 4 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are more than three times as likely as Whites to be caught at forgery, counterfeiting, and fraud, and almost three times as likely to be caught at embezzlement;

Blacks are more than 3 times as likely to be thieves as Whites;

Blacks are more than 4 times as likely to commit assault as Whites;

Blacks are almost 4.5 times as likely to steal a motor vehicle;

Blacks are more than 5 times as likely to commit forcible rape as Whites;

Blacks are over 8 times as likely to commit murder as Whites;

Blacks are more than 10 times as likely to commit robbery as Whites;

Nearly 25% of all Black males between the ages of 20 and 29 are in jail or on probation - this does not include those wanted or awaiting trial;

For all violent crimes considered together, Blacks are almost 5.5 times more likely to commit violent criminal acts than Whites; all this according to the FBI Uniform Crime Report.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#312 May 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Very well said. All the poverty you want with zero perks. But hell, they have a sign!
The Utica sign rocks. You're just jealous.

I love the people in Utica. The fun times are unreal. I would not trade it for anything in the world. I understand some had to move because of jobs. You ask the majority of them,what was it like growing up here. They will give you nothing but positive answers. Still to this day I have an amazing time here.

Sorry,others have such a negative outlook. They still come on here to find out about us though. It's like a magnetic field. You can't get enough.
Cliff loves his mom

Little Falls, NY

#316 May 19, 2013
Perhaps tourists could take pictures next to the holland farms sign.
Perhaps you could stick your head in the oven for a long time.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#318 May 19, 2013
Housing prices are going up. Sign that more good times ahead for area.
Yankee

Brooklyn, NY

#319 May 20, 2013
Perhaps tourists could take pictures next to the holland farms sign.
Where is Hanna's giant watering can? That could be another photo op.
Clueless

New Hartford, NY

#320 May 20, 2013
Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is Hanna's giant watering can? That could be another photo op.
It's at the zoo.
Disgusting

Fitchburg, MA

#322 May 20, 2013
Had a job candidates paperwork come across my desk today and he lives in the Utica area. Nope! Dont need that type of person in the office. Rejected.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 37 min Princess Hey 1,225
Katilyn Russello 40 min Yes man 3
Comets Suck Again... 57 min crunch4211 8
Attorney Policelli 1 hr Voter 1
Finish Carpenter 1 hr Bob Villia 2
Snezhanna Rasko 1 hr Jackass 1
Phil fasolo 1 hr Jackass 2
Unstable Fire Marshall 1 hr Sicko 68
Par 3 hr Union needs to be... 78
UPD pushed Bosnian to the ground 15 hr UPD Old School 30