Next Last
jack

Liverpool, NY

#1 Jan 3, 2009
How close are you to NYC?

Since: Jan 09

Utica, NY

#2 Jan 4, 2009
Hell No!... This place is pittifull and there are so many other places much nicer prettier and more enjoyable to live, there is nothing here, there is no night life, no views, no job oppurtunities, this place is just a drain and your wallet and soul...
Curious means dont know

Saint Johnsville, NY

#3 Jan 4, 2009
You know what's pitiful? That you can say there is no nightlife, when the bars on Varick St are doing well. That Utica has no views because your fat, lazy ass has no use for The Adirondack Park that starts 15 mins north of here. With your terrible attitude, punctuation and grammar, I'm not at all surprised that you have a hard time finding employment. And Utica has a very low cost of living, but again that goes back to you getting off your ass and finding a job. Believe it or not, there are plenty of people who do well for themselves here; have good times with lots of friends; and take advantage of living in Upstate New York by going out and snowboarding, hiking, kayaking, biking etc.
Shows how much you know

Rome, NY

#4 Jan 4, 2009
Well Well... Its shocking, how someone replied to what I wrote about Utica, NY. Not once did I say I didn't have a job, or no friends, or even hinted that living in upstate NY was a bad thing. I stated that living in UTICA, NY was a drain. If your defending Uticas nightlife and Varick st, it shows no world experience or even NY state experience, for there are far better place to explore at night, syracuse, albany, ithaca come on dude get out more.... It has a low cost of living due to the fact that 45% of the cities population is on welfare and the state pays for it ... And you may say i have a terrible attitude, but i say its being honest, i just wanted to inform someone that if they want to move they should explore all their options the economy is in a downfall and they should make sure they decide to reside in a city where the economy has a little more back up and not one that yo-yos on a day to day basis.... Thank you have a nice day mr. wannabe know it all....
Move on in

Clinton, NY

#5 Jan 4, 2009
Come on, move right in, it'll be ok. Its not as bad as everyone says.
Hob

Ithaca, NY

#6 Jan 4, 2009
Shows how much you know wrote:
Well Well... Its shocking, how someone replied to what I wrote about Utica, NY. Not once did I say I didn't have a job, or no friends, or even hinted that living in upstate NY was a bad thing. I stated that living in UTICA, NY was a drain. If your defending Uticas nightlife and Varick st, it shows no world experience or even NY state experience, for there are far better place to explore at night, syracuse, albany, ithaca come on dude get out more.... It has a low cost of living due to the fact that 45% of the cities population is on welfare and the state pays for it ... And you may say i have a terrible attitude, but i say its being honest, i just wanted to inform someone that if they want to move they should explore all their options the economy is in a downfall and they should make sure they decide to reside in a city where the economy has a little more back up and not one that yo-yos on a day to day basis.... Thank you have a nice day mr. wannabe know it all....
Hehe That's what they always do. Don't say "hey why are the DPW plows keeping the city up all night..." suddenly it's YOU that's parked in the street, you have no life, you're on welfare, you walk on the street etc.
It's the typical "Shoot the messenger"-- "spilt milk" useless problem-solving capacity of the usual stupid uticans at work.

They'll spend inordinate energies denying the problem exists, and trying to belittle anyone who notices their game plan sucks rod.
DONT

Cicero, NY

#7 Jan 5, 2009
I am telling you that would be the WORST mistake of your life. All slums and crime and NO jobs and HIGH TAXES. Read the crime news around here. Do some research. It is the worst "city" in NY. WARNING: STAY OUT
DONT

Cicero, NY

#8 Jan 5, 2009
Read how everyone here is LEAVING, this region is suffering and only people here are for family or cant afford to leave.
absolutely not

Baldwinsville, NY

#9 Jan 5, 2009
Do some research. Utica is the Flint of New York state. Shuttered streets, soaring unemployment and one of the worst climates. An enormous power line is about to bisect the city. The IQ of the average Utican is slightly higher than that of a high functioning mentally retarded person.

Did I mention we have tomato pie?

“America: Pussified?”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Stittville

#10 Jan 5, 2009
In answer to the question I cant tell you what to do, you will make your own decision based upon your own observations, however as a CNY resident by birth I joined the military when I was old enough to leave this area. When I was discharged because of injuries sustained in combat I returned to the area. I recently waived my V.A. benefits, recieved medical clearing, and plan on returning to the military to again get out of this area. In my eyes Utica is decomposing as if she were a DEAD CITY. Once im gone the only time i plan to return is to see my family when i get leave.
Calmn Cents

Boise, ID

#11 Jan 5, 2009
farther than you think. this must be a joke question. no one stays in utica unless they are too stupid to get out.
jack wrote:
the man

Syracuse, NY

#12 Jan 5, 2009
no
Moxie

AOL

#13 Jan 5, 2009
As with everything else....it's what you make of it. What if this is a real question? We are about four hours from NYC.
real world experienced

Saint Johnsville, NY

#14 Jan 5, 2009
I've lived all over the country, I call CNY home because this is where I grew up and I like it here. Get out more? You go live in NYC for a decade and then you can tell me about getting out. Utica's biggest problem are the assholes like you who live here.

“America: Pussified?”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Stittville

#15 Jan 5, 2009
Its not me, the problem is the massive amounts of trash on all side of the racial spectrum. Further more I am leaving or were you blinded by your CNY attitude to read the rest of my post. Its The A-holes like you that drive the people like me away.
crystal

Boise, ID

#16 Jan 5, 2009
please don't even waste your breath on these scum. you are too good for them.
Abramstank19k wrote:
Its not me, the problem is the massive amounts of trash on all side of the racial spectrum. Further more I am leaving or were you blinded by your CNY attitude to read the rest of my post. Its The A-holes like you that drive the people like me away.
unbelievable

Syracuse, NY

#17 Jan 5, 2009
jack wrote:
Should I move to Utica,
hell no we don't need anymore dumb asses here. "how close to NYC?"...since your using the internet, why not try google or mapquest to find out how far
real world experienced

Saint Johnsville, NY

#18 Jan 5, 2009
Please Crystal, with a name like that it's obvious you grew up in the trailer next to G.I. Joe in Holland Patent.
one

United States

#19 Jan 5, 2009
It will suck the life out of you, if you make a different choice do not move to Utica.
New York

Syracuse, NY

#20 Jan 5, 2009
is about 230 miles from Ootica.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UFD cashes in again! 4 hr Thanks 20
How's Judge Gerry Popeo Pusty-O's Mouth Problem? 4 hr Thanks 28
John F. Kennedy Middle School 7 hr hank hill 5
WUTQElias Eruption On Air! 7 hr TopSecret 3
Mike Callin Son in law Vinny Dier Indicted for... 7 hr Donna 3
Snyder's Subaru Clinton NY 7 hr customer for last... 1
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 7 hr Honest Babe 5,932
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 11 hr Adam G 571
Anyone witness WKTV 6pm news yesterday? Disaster 14 hr Pat Jizinski 61
News Oneida County Executive Picente Outlines Plans ... 14 hr monicalewinski 33