NH School board needs HUGE changes.
BOE

Utica, NY

#42 May 10, 2014
What about Louis Shkane? What's his agenda?
Slaytonbush

Houston, TX

#43 May 10, 2014
Danny Fusco from WBVM is the man to get job fone
Now now

Utica, NY

#44 May 10, 2014
Everybody has got to exercise their right to vote! Careful who you vote for. Be smart!

King lives on one side of Alvanos, right next door kids our friends etc. a big NO for her, and on other side of Alvanos' his next door neighbor has one of Fusco's signs. Two no votes automatic right there, if you are looking to put NH back on track away from the corruption.

Deck, hands down is a big NO. Alvanos' puppet right there.

Leaves Shkane, Tangorra, Stephens, and Santiago.
Anybody remember how Stephens voted for extending Nole's contract?
I'm thinking maybe Tangorra, and either Santiago or Shkane. Anybody with a respectable input, please voice as its right now a toss up for the three.
Fed up

Blossvale, NY

#45 May 10, 2014
Ed Flemma shows his true colors at the April 22nd board meeting. What a BULLY! Is that what we want deciding future policy for our children? Do NOT vote for his Friends and Family plan !
Are you kidding me

Westernville, NY

#46 May 10, 2014
I took your suggestion and watched the whole video tape of the April meeting. Are you kidding me, that is what you call bullying? I saw a board member who takes his position seriously and was asking very articulate questions, which anyone could understand, but was not getting answers, because the Pres. knows she had no authority to act on behalf of the board without their prior knowledge. Since specific examples were given, it was very evident that she was acting on behalf of the board without their knowledge and Mr. Jadhon confirmed it. She could have just said, "Mr. Flemma, you may be correct, we will look into this and will make necessary changes based on any findings" or something similar to that. You have to admit that without express authority, the Pres. CAN NOT act for the full board; and whether you like Mr. Flemma or not, he made some very solid points.

I have sat on many boards. There have been times that the executive committee had to act without full board knowledge, but this authority was strictly set in policy and any action of the executive committee had to be followed with full disclosure, including minutes to the full board for their consent.

Board meetings can get heated when there is a difference of opinions. What do you want, every board member to sit there and rubber stamp what the superintendent brings forth every meeting. If you had that, why have a Board?

To answer your question, yes, that is who I want making future decisions for our children. He believes in following the rules and fairness. I would rather have someone who gets a little passionate for their beliefs vs someone who just goes thru the motions and rubber stamps the administration. Isn't that how we got unqualified coaches, a inter contract raise for the superintendent and a year extension on the superintendents contract. Are those the type of board members you want deciding future policy for your children?
Fed Up

Blossvale, NY

#47 May 10, 2014
Thanks for your perspective Ed
Are you kidding me

Westernville, NY

#48 May 10, 2014
Really, I take your initial comment and watch the video of the April meeting and just because I do not agree with you, you assume I am Ed.

I know, you just didn't think someone would actually watch the video, you just wanted everyone to take your opinion at face value and agree with you!

Sorry to tell you, but there are many people in New Hartford who can form their own opinions without someone else telling them what that opinion should be. If you didn't want people to disagree with you, you should not have mentioned that meeting, because it truly does not validate your point.

Oh, by the way in case you haven't figured it out...my name is not Ed. I just happen to be someone who likes to review facts for myself, before forming my OWN opinion. By the way, it's okay that your opinion is different, it's not based on fact and it appears more like a vendetta, but that is just my opinion. Sorry I couldn't rubber stamp your comments, but then again I have a mind of my own, and actually, I really am not sorry, I was just trying to be polite.
HappyDays

Ithaca, NY

#49 May 11, 2014
Now now wrote:
Everybody has got to exercise their right to vote! Careful who you vote for. Be smart!
King lives on one side of Alvanos, right next door kids our friends etc. a big NO for her, and on other side of Alvanos' his next door neighbor has one of Fusco's signs. Two no votes automatic right there, if you are looking to put NH back on track away from the corruption.
Deck, hands down is a big NO. Alvanos' puppet right there.
Leaves Shkane, Tangorra, Stephens, and Santiago.
Anybody remember how Stephens voted for extending Nole's contract?
I'm thinking maybe Tangorra, and either Santiago or Shkane. Anybody with a respectable input, please voice as its right now a toss up for the three.
King hates Alvanos so you wrong there, and Fusco will stop the corruption so you wrong again. Stevens voted for Nole exteding contract. He is no good and Deck is the worse of all evils. He is backed by the corruption now.
HappyDays

Ithaca, NY

#50 May 11, 2014
Are you kidding me wrote:
I took your suggestion and watched the whole video tape of the April meeting. Are you kidding me, that is what you call bullying? I saw a board member who takes his position seriously and was asking very articulate questions, which anyone could understand, but was not getting answers, because the Pres. knows she had no authority to act on behalf of the board without their prior knowledge. Since specific examples were given, it was very evident that she was acting on behalf of the board without their knowledge and Mr. Jadhon confirmed it. She could have just said, "Mr. Flemma, you may be correct, we will look into this and will make necessary changes based on any findings" or something similar to that. You have to admit that without express authority, the Pres. CAN NOT act for the full board; and whether you like Mr. Flemma or not, he made some very solid points.
I have sat on many boards. There have been times that the executive committee had to act without full board knowledge, but this authority was strictly set in policy and any action of the executive committee had to be followed with full disclosure, including minutes to the full board for their consent.
Board meetings can get heated when there is a difference of opinions. What do you want, every board member to sit there and rubber stamp what the superintendent brings forth every meeting. If you had that, why have a Board?
To answer your question, yes, that is who I want making future decisions for our children. He believes in following the rules and fairness. I would rather have someone who gets a little passionate for their beliefs vs someone who just goes thru the motions and rubber stamps the administration. Isn't that how we got unqualified coaches, a inter contract raise for the superintendent and a year extension on the superintendents contract. Are those the type of board members you want deciding future policy for your children?
I can't agree more with you and I know who this is, not ED. The corruption MUST stop now. The coaching staff is 100% unqualified and 100% not human. SAD
Mick

Springfield, NJ

#51 May 11, 2014
It just hit me that none of you have credible statements due to the animousity of this site.
NH taxpayer

Whitesboro, NY

#52 May 11, 2014
I count at least 6 people running to fill two positions on the NH School Board. The people can't be happy with the status quo are are looking for change. Otherwise, if you like things the way they are why run?
Voice of Reason

Cortland, NY

#53 May 11, 2014
Jim Stephens and Louis Shkane are great choices. New Hartford voters will not go wrong with this selection. Jim Stephens has 20 years experience on the Board and Louis Shkane will bring a fresh perspective to the Board. Vote for Stephens and Shkane.
NH taxpayer

Whitesboro, NY

#54 May 11, 2014
Voice of Reason wrote:
Jim Stephens and Louis Shkane are great choices. New Hartford voters will not go wrong with this selection. Jim Stephens has 20 years experience on the Board and Louis Shkane will bring a fresh perspective to the Board. Vote for Stephens and Shkane.
I might see Loius Shkane but not Stephens. He lost my vote when he voted to extend Bob Nole's contract two years a head of schedule. Sorry, but the NH School Board needs drastic changes and if Stephens has been there for 20 years well that's long enough for anyone. Time for him to move on and let others step up to the plate.

I say anyone but Fred Deck and Jim Stephens
Rocco

Lake Worth, FL

#55 May 11, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Fusco and King are running. They will be an improvement over Stephens and Luker
NEVER voter for any guinea
Agree

Westernville, NY

#56 May 11, 2014
I agree, Mr. Stephens voted for the Superintendent's extension with no solid reason and with those many years behind him, that is what the board position should be ... Behind him. I thank him for his dedication, but it is time to move on with Board Members who will take action based on the law, policy, and new progressive ideas.

Not sure what Mr Shkane can bring to the table. All that has been said is that he has kids in the district, not sure that's a pro or con. Does he have any job experience that brings value? Does he know anything about negotiations, budgets, or anything else that is needed to run a school? Does anyone know anything about him, beyond the fact that he has kids in school? I am looking for constructive answers for I would really like to know more about what he can "bring to the table".
Phryg

Springfield, NJ

#57 May 11, 2014
Like it or not, two of these three are going to get in:

Deck
Fusco
King.
Oh Boy

Blossvale, NY

#58 May 11, 2014
What a sad day for New Hartford!!
Changeneeded

Ithaca, NY

#60 May 12, 2014
If DECK gets in, we in for a rude and continued way of corruption. He is running to keep the same in office. The same down hill spiral that is happening now. Please vote for change and Fusco and Ms King.
Phryg

Whitesboro, NY

#62 May 12, 2014
Changeneeded wrote:
If DECK gets in, we in for a rude and continued way of corruption. He is running to keep the same in office. The same down hill spiral that is happening now. Please vote for change and Fusco and Ms King.
Ya, sure thing , mr fusco!
Johnny

Ithaca, NY

#63 May 12, 2014
Fuscoooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristin Copeland 5 min Sandy 35
Bad headlines for Gov. Cuomo, Todd Howe and SUN... 55 min TRUTH SEEKER 5
Hillary is DONE 1 hr TRUTH SEEKER 2
big poppa 3 hr utica 1
Michele Gulla ? 3 hr tremmor 26
Observer Dispatch Bankruptcy 4 hr THE EDITOR 9
News DWI Arrest in Utica (Mar '10) 4 hr zejfa selimovic 58
Cheaters 7 hr Sharpe 28
Jill Reales hips 11 hr Dave 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages