NH School board needs HUGE changes.

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
NHKNOWS

Utica, NY

#1 May 8, 2014
If you like the corruption, from Nole to the AD to the coaching monopoly then you are happy with what is in place. If you want fairness and stop corruption then you need to vote May 20th for FUSCO. He is a taxpayers person. Deck is running for no change, why would he want change. Another vote should go in Ms. Kings way. She knows the crap that is going on. Please vote.
New Hartford Cupcake Face

United States

#2 May 8, 2014
NHKNOWS wrote:
If you like the corruption, from Nole to the AD to the coaching monopoly then you are happy with what is in place. If you want fairness and stop corruption then you need to vote May 20th for FUSCO. He is a taxpayers person. Deck is running for no change, why would he want change. Another vote should go in Ms. Kings way. She knows the crap that is going on. Please vote.
We are voting for Fusco and King. We need a school board that will be independent and not see its self as an extension of the School Administration.

We need a school Board that's not afraid to ask the tough questions like:

"Mr Nole, why have the NH High School's national rankings dropped from 129 to 1023 under your leadership?"
Neutral

Albany, NY

#3 May 8, 2014
Deck is only running to take votes from Fusco. Alvanos has alleniated a lot of people because he is such a hypocrite when it comes to his kids. People tolerate him and his wife only because they have to. He's a very vindictive mean guy and will try to screw your kids over. School policy does not apply to him.Vote Fusco
bum

Utica, NY

#4 May 8, 2014
Well for starters, y'all need to get rid of Mr. Nole. Put the pressure on the board to force him to resign. Otherwise, you're never gonna see changes no matter who's voted in. Too many power hungry board members with agendas of their own.

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#5 May 8, 2014
New Hartford elections have nothing to do with who is qualified or who is fair. It is just a popularity contest. The "connected" class wants to maintain their power and keep the sheeple out of town business. Don't ask too many questions. Go with the flow or feel their wrath. The school district, the library, the police dept, the DPW, all are controlled by the power elite. Good luck getting things to change in New Hartford.
NH Fiends and Family Plan

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 May 8, 2014
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
New Hartford elections have nothing to do with who is qualified or who is fair. It is just a popularity contest. The "connected" class wants to maintain their power and keep the sheeple out of town business. Don't ask too many questions. Go with the flow or feel their wrath. The school district, the library, the police dept, the DPW, all are controlled by the power elite. Good luck getting things to change in New Hartford.
Very true.... The only way this will change is to slowly vote out the Usual Suspects. Kim Luker and Jim Stephens have to be voted off the School Board. Next year it needs to be Beth Soggs. Its the only way to bring some sanity back to New Hartford.
Just wondering

Rome, NY

#7 May 8, 2014
I find it very interesting, that the Pres. of the Board felt it was so important to extend the Superintendent's contract almost two years before his contract was to end. And, the Pres. wanted it to be voted on that month so badly that she called an absent board member who could not attend the meeting do to illness, to come down and make the tie breaking vote. Why was this so important that it couldn't wait another month to be voted on? Why did they even put an extension in place almost two years early? Makes me wonder if they already saw the writing on the wall and new changes were coming - did they already know the school ranking was down? Was the rush for his extension done so that future boards couldn't do anything? Was this really in the best of interest of the community? It sure seems like change is needed. The good ol' boys and girls club needs to be broken up. The only way this can happen is for the NH citizens to vote for the candidates they think will look out for the students, teachers and taxpayers NOT for the Superindent and his friends. Board members do not always have to agree, however, they do need to work together and follow board standards and laws for the betterment of the community. This does not mean that the board can make everyone happy! Please vote SMART at the next election.
NH Dad

United States

#8 May 8, 2014
Just wondering wrote:
I find it very interesting, that the Pres. of the Board felt it was so important to extend the Superintendent's contract almost two years before his contract was to end. And, the Pres. wanted it to be voted on that month so badly that she called an absent board member who could not attend the meeting do to illness, to come down and make the tie breaking vote. Why was this so important that it couldn't wait another month to be voted on? Why did they even put an extension in place almost two years early? Makes me wonder if they already saw the writing on the wall and new changes were coming - did they already know the school ranking was down? Was the rush for his extension done so that future boards couldn't do anything? Was this really in the best of interest of the community? It sure seems like change is needed. The good ol' boys and girls club needs to be broken up. The only way this can happen is for the NH citizens to vote for the candidates they think will look out for the students, teachers and taxpayers NOT for the Superindent and his friends. Board members do not always have to agree, however, they do need to work together and follow board standards and laws for the betterment of the community. This does not mean that the board can make everyone happy! Please vote SMART at the next election.
Excellent assessment. This strange vote to extend Bob Nole was likely made in order to protect him when the bad news about New Hartford's HS national rankings showing a drop from 129 to 1023. I'm tired of School Board members acting like they are Bob Nole's personal staff. They have no backbone. We need real independent voices out there. It can be done. The previous School Board President Drew Ward thought he was untouchable and he lost the election to Ed Flemma. Your vote counts. Let's get rid of Luker and Stephens and vote for Ralph Fusco and Pam King.
Lmao

Syracuse, NY

#9 May 8, 2014
You people are so ignorant. Check to see who is running before you decide who to get rid of. Loudmouth idiots. All of youse.
Common Sense

United States

#10 May 8, 2014
Lmao wrote:
You people are so ignorant. Check to see who is running before you decide who to get rid of. Loudmouth idiots. All of youse.
Fusco and King are running. They will be an improvement over Stephens and Luker
Just wondering

Rome, NY

#11 May 8, 2014
Is Kim Luker actually running? I have not seen any signs up for her.
New Hartford School Board

United States

#12 May 8, 2014
Just wondering wrote:
Is Kim Luker actually running? I have not seen any signs up for her.
I think she just assumed that as School Board President she has it in the bag.
Iamwright

Utica, NY

#13 May 9, 2014
Eat at Georgios after voting for fred deck
NH DAd2

Utica, NY

#14 May 9, 2014
Fred Deck is backed by Alvanos and crew. The corrupt people. If you like corruption and bullies, vote Deck, if you want fairness vote Fusco and King.
Just wondering

Rome, NY

#15 May 9, 2014
New Hartford School Board wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she just assumed that as School Board President she has it in the bag.
Isn't that the mistake the last board Pres made? We all know what happens when you "assume".
New Hartford School Board

United States

#16 May 9, 2014
Just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that the mistake the last board Pres made? We all know what happens when you "assume".
You bet. Drew Ward thought he had it made and he was openly endorsed by the NH Friends and Family Plan. Fellow Board Member Beth Soggs used her Facebook account to endorse him and to try to attack Ed Flemma's son. Even the NH Library Board got into the act with New Hartford Power Broker Rich Evans sending out a mass email endorsing Drew Ward.

It all failed of course. I think people in NH are getting tired of the BS from the Usual Suspects. I expect that Beth Soggs will lose next year if she seeks reelection.
dont know

Utica, NY

#17 May 9, 2014
fred deck is as qualified for school board as bozo the clown. sorry to drag your name through the mud, bozo.
parentagrees

Utica, NY

#18 May 9, 2014
dont know wrote:
fred deck is as qualified for school board as bozo the clown. sorry to drag your name through the mud, bozo.
ROFLMAO......so true
wow

Albany, NY

#19 May 9, 2014
dont know wrote:
fred deck is as qualified for school board as bozo the clown. sorry to drag your name through the mud, bozo.
The fact that this nitwit is running tells everything you need know about how far NH has fallen.
lol

Utica, NY

#20 May 9, 2014
Can't agree more with Deck. He is a rubber stamp like a few others to keep his buddies in sports afloat. They are sinking and they had this guy run. Deck is the problem. He thinks he controls the sports for his son. And the AD and coaches are a bad group of people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Working for Carbone 12 min U shouldve known 6
Compassion Coalition- Who's In Charge There? 25 min lol 4
Oneida County Legislator on Welfare 30 min U shouldve known 5
Dumpster Diving 31 min lol 6
Judge Bernie Clark back in the news again 32 min Marie 44
Jeannette's disha vu shutdown 33 min lol 2
Lindsay the Bartender (Jan '10) 44 min Karma 13
Jobs coming in Utica with potential impact on L... 52 min Comets Welfare Na... 37
Big drug bust new hartford 25,000 cash money 3 hr Rocco DaLuca 31
Bobby Zumpano - Dave's Big Brother BUSTED 3 hr a mom 14
Utica teachers to Kids: Drop Dead 5 hr On the Loose 32
bobby mancuso finally fired from UFD 6 hr becky 6
Utica Dating
Find my Match

Utica Jobs

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]