timberwolf killed in Westmoreland?
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Big foot

Ithaca, NY

#130 Nov 17, 2013
If it was a wolf from a movie it would not be the one from Dances With Wolves because he died in rehab because...well you know Hollywood likes to drink and use drugs. It wasn't the big bad wolf from Little Red Riding Hood because he was played by David Luce. David is less than 250 pounds. And the big bad wolf has been at my house all afternoon watching football. He had earlier tried to huff and puff and blow my neighbors house in but....bricks baby. Bricks. So anyway i don't think there are any wolves in Westmo. Jackie kennedy onasis says hey!
hooty Mchootsky

Whitesboro, NY

#131 Nov 17, 2013
Kevin Eleven wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't give a single hoot WHAT the DEC says. You have to remember, they are controlled, compeltely by an administration who is rabidly Anti-gun. They know that if they acknowldged that there were large predators in New York again people would be clamoring for firearms and they don't want that. They resent gun rights completely.
THAT SAID. A few weeks ago I was outside my house at about 1030 pm. There were dogs barking in the distance like crazy.
I heard a deep, long howl, just like a wolf from a movie. Then another in the distance, like a reply. The dogs barked even more fiercely.
Last night there were no dogs and no howls.
I'll give some hoots...For starters what you are saying is just Bologna..... Dec has a budget that gets accounted for... Never has their been Mt.Lion or Wolf introduction programs....So with that said WHY would the same government that is so anti gun give a reason to be pro gun ? That's like trying to put a fire out with gasoline.
Ever listened to Siberian huskies howl ? Our neighbor had one for years that would howl like a wolf all the time. That dog would roam all over the place to when it was off its leash. So your " howling wolf" theory can be shot down with many alternative reasons.

The fact of the matter is this..... With ALL of today's technology out there, ex. Hunters with trail cams, businesses in the north country with web cams etc etc... Wouldn't ya think with all this howling going on one would show up in some footage somewhere ? And if someone did catch some on a recording it would be all over the news. OH WAIT... The anti gun "men in black" would come in a confiscate it right ?

I just get a real kick out of the reasoning. Wolves are extremely social animals.Yes there are lone wolfs that break from packs. But they do so in search of a mate to start its own pack.. There's also a really big problem with the existence of wolves ever becoming a reality in NY.... And if you really have ever done any reading on them at all you would know this.... A vast majority of wolves are terrified of roads... I know it sounds silly but its true.. Something about a road terrifies them...In many areas where they inhabit roads are often the boundary of a packs territory... Now I'm not saying they don't cross them because they do.But upstate NY is full of roads and to get here they would have to cross many many many roads.Which just kinda baffles me because why would 1 wolf go out in search of a mate in an area so far away from where in all likely hood no wolf would ever go ?

Now if you want to believe there are wolves running around howling in the night go right ahead... Be a coook.. Tell everyone you heard a wolf... My assumption is after getting dozens of " your crazy" looks, is that you'll up the ante and say you saw one but your camera battery went dead right when you went to take a pic...Its OK bud, don't give a hoot what anyone says or come to the realization that upstate NY is just uninhabitable for wolves.. Could they live here ? Its a real long shot ... Would they choose to live here ? I would bet the farm that they would choose not to and I'd up my bet on that there hasn't been one in NY for over the better part of the past 100 years...
Know What I Saw

Ardsley, NY

#132 Nov 17, 2013
See my post #109. Saw a wolf approx 20 years ago. When you live in the country, you are more likely to see wild animals. As far as how many others are here, don't know I just saw the one. Was no mistake about it, it was a wolf.
Squatch

Utica, NY

#133 Nov 18, 2013
I just spotted a Gremlin running threw my backyard. I wanted to spray him with the garden hose, but remember something Crazy would happen. He had huge eye balls and large ears.
Coyote

United States

#135 Dec 9, 2013
A coyote was seen in Vernon on Sunday. No wolves or wolve's tracks were seen.
Mosyoak32

Utica, NY

#136 Feb 2, 2014
Horsecrap wrote:
Highly unlikely...Maybe a Coyote.. Even that is unlikely... Very low coyote population.. Last I know there was a small pack of 5 coyotes in and around Westmoreland.. They roam long distances.. That and there are no wolves according to the NYSDEC in NY...
Did you get a text msg with a pic of one ? If so I've gotten it numerous times, that and the MT. Lion killed hoax....
. Obviously your not an outdoorsman , there are probably 5 coyotes per square mile in westmoreland along with the rest of Oneida county ...take a ride some night and wait for a fire whistle or siren to go off I guarantee you will hear coyotes light up everywhere..wake up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LoMedico Wins 12 min Chrissy Scummatino 12
Old School Bar, Culver Ave Utica NY (Jul '15) 38 min Moe 14
Why Does The Genesee Towers Post Keep Getting R... 45 min Jay 4
Twin Ponds shoot em up 45 min Larry k 27
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 1 hr XYZ 43
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 1 hr Ho ho ho 909
The reverend James Turturro? 1 hr Wtf 3
One Term Tenney 2 hr Moochers delight 75
Bar crawling in the 80's : the crawl (Nov '08) 3 hr Man 238

Utica Jobs