timberwolf killed in Westmoreland?
Yeahright

Newtown, VA

#106 Nov 14, 2013
weird wrote:
<quoted text>
Very strange because the NYSDEC website says as of today there hasn't been a confirmed wolf kill or sighting in
NY for over 100 years
Don't believe what the DEC tells you!!!
Question

Ithaca, NY

#107 Nov 14, 2013
Have any of you been to Fort Rickey Game Farm? They have some huge wolves there. I believe they are Timberwolves, but am not exactly sure.
buttmuncher

Herkimer, NY

#108 Nov 14, 2013
ever watch NORTH WOODS LAW on animal planet,its a show about game wardens in maine ,and maine only.a few of the episodes had residents that breed illegaly . You hear about puppy mills around here,but up there they breed dogs and wolves somehow,they look just the same as mushers ,but they have wolf D.N.A. and it is even illegal for those northerners to breed
Know What I Saw

Springfield, NJ

#109 Nov 14, 2013
Been reading this post and find it very interesting. I live east of Utica & in the middle of know where. About 20 yrs ago, My 100 lb German shepherd was going crazy outside so approx 30 ft from my house was a grey wolf! This animal was at least double the size of my dog, if not bigger & it looked exactly like the wolf on dances with wolves. My dog always attacked whatever may be a threat to us & all he would do is circle this wolf coming about 15 feet & no closer. I stood in the outside doorway & looked at it. Went inside & looked thru the binoculars at it. It was no doubt a wolf. Say whatever you want but my husband & I clearly saw a wolf. I see a lot of wildlife here so say what you want you city slickers who don't know the difference & the DEC does not know everything either. This is fact! I saw it with my own eyes!

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#110 Nov 14, 2013
Question wrote:
Have any of you been to Fort Rickey Game Farm? They have some huge wolves there. I believe they are Timberwolves, but am not exactly sure.
Real hunters don't have anything to do with game farms. They are a sad place for yuppie wanna be's to play outdoorsman.
wellamondz420

Philippines

#111 Nov 14, 2013
hi guys add me on skype wella.mondz420

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#112 Nov 14, 2013
buttmuncher wrote:
ever watch NORTH WOODS LAW on animal planet,its a show about game wardens in maine ,and maine only.a few of the episodes had residents that breed illegaly . You hear about puppy mills around here,but up there they breed dogs and wolves somehow,they look just the same as mushers ,but they have wolf D.N.A. and it is even illegal for those northerners to breed
The Natives breed them here on the rezes. Keep 'em as pets.
Mountain man

Springfield, NJ

#113 Nov 15, 2013
Watched north woods law last night & loved it.

Had a part wolf dog. She saved me from a bear. She was highly intelligent & no person could fool her. I believe she read their minds. Not the kind of dog you want to be cuddly with, not very social, but leave them alone & they are fine. I never felt threatened by her, but everything I read about these animals says they are highly dangerous. I never felt that, but I wouldn't have traded her after saving my life!
Scary

Morris, NY

#114 Nov 15, 2013
I haven't been to Fort Rickey in 20 years. It serves it's purpose, many people take their small kids.
get real

Utica, NY

#116 Nov 15, 2013
DEC doesn't want you to know that they release wild animals such as mountain lions in New York. They don't want to be blamed if your precious pets or farm animals are mauled or mutilated. I called them seven yrs. ago when my family saw one and yes we've seen bobcat,too. Big difference there. Anyways believe what you want, I know what we saw. I don't care what DEC says.

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#118 Nov 15, 2013
get real wrote:
DEC doesn't want you to know that they release wild animals such as mountain lions in New York. They don't want to be blamed if your precious pets or farm animals are mauled or mutilated. I called them seven yrs. ago when my family saw one and yes we've seen bobcat,too. Big difference there. Anyways believe what you want, I know what we saw. I don't care what DEC says.
Yeah your absolutely right. The DEC has a huge black budget. They even have a large underground network of covert animal handlers to engage their plot of raising and releasing wildlife without public knowledge. It all goes back to the plans of the Knights Templar. It is all a plot of inter-dimensional Reptilian Shapeshifters to further their plot of controlling us.;)
Wolfie

Troy, NY

#119 Nov 15, 2013
We had this majestic Wolf Spider in our garage this summer. Many mornings while enjoying a coffee were spent watching him sun himself. He's all crumpled up on the floor now and I'm about to sweep him up. He was something, oh well there's always next year.
Big foot

Ithaca, NY

#120 Nov 15, 2013
You are all fools. Me and jackie o and elvis and andy kaufman were out for a walk in westmo last week There aint no 250 pound wolf in westmo. He only weighs 245. What is wrong with you people?
JPlol

Hamilton, NY

#122 Nov 15, 2013
False wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true...I heard the same thing... So I actually called the regional DEC office.... Being an avid outdoorsman.... I wanted to know if I should be taking prevtative measures to protect myself, a MT.Lion will kill a grown man with ease..
DEC response was this........ ROTFLMAO..... in layman's terms... 1st of there would be public notification and awareness of a predatory cat of that nature being stocked anywhere in NY state.. MT lions have never and are not planned to be introduced introduced into NY wildlife....
Wolves aren't either....
A lot of you folks could really do yourself the benefit of the almighty Google... There are no wolves or mt lions in NY.... Call up your local DEC office or visit them they are right in downtown Utica.
I saw a mountain lion cross in front of my car on NYS Thruway. Cleared both lanes in 2 bounds. Perhaps you should consult Google again.
JPlol

Hamilton, NY

#123 Nov 15, 2013
Drunk Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
No such thing as a coy dog... Coy dog is basically a feral dog.. Meaning a stray dog...The implication is that it is half coyote half dog....There isn't one documented case of a half dog half coyote anywhere... So it was either a stray dog, a dog off a leash or a coyote.... Now having seen many coyotes in my lifetime... I can assure you a coyote is roughly the size of an average size German Shepard they really aren't that much smaller than a wolf, and are very closely related to a wolf.....
That said mis-identification and old wives tales or drunken hillbilly talk usually lead to stories like this.
A coydog is a domestic dog/coyote hybrid. It is recognized and documented. Also coyotes are half the size of a german shephard. Pretty sure you're retarded.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Wildlife/Wild...
JPlol

Hamilton, NY

#124 Nov 15, 2013
JPlol wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw a mountain lion cross in front of my car on NYS Thruway. Cleared both lanes in 2 bounds. Perhaps you should consult Google again.
This was in 2011 between Canastota and East Syracuse exits
Squatch

Utica, NY

#126 Nov 17, 2013
119 post on his subject and no real proof. Go back to making up big foot stories.
Where is the REAL PROOF????
Kevin Eleven

East Greenbush, NY

#127 Nov 17, 2013
False wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true...I heard the same thing... So I actually called the regional DEC office.... Being an avid outdoorsman.... I wanted to know if I should be taking prevtative measures to protect myself, a MT.Lion will kill a grown man with ease..
DEC response was this........ ROTFLMAO..... in layman's terms... 1st of there would be public notification and awareness of a predatory cat of that nature being stocked anywhere in NY state.. MT lions have never and are not planned to be introduced introduced into NY wildlife....
Wolves aren't either....
A lot of you folks could really do yourself the benefit of the almighty Google... There are no wolves or mt lions in NY.... Call up your local DEC office or visit them they are right in downtown Utica.
I don't give a single hoot WHAT the DEC says. You have to remember, they are controlled, compeltely by an administration who is rabidly Anti-gun. They know that if they acknowldged that there were large predators in New York again people would be clamoring for firearms and they don't want that. They resent gun rights completely.

THAT SAID. A few weeks ago I was outside my house at about 1030 pm. There were dogs barking in the distance like crazy.

I heard a deep, long howl, just like a wolf from a movie. Then another in the distance, like a reply. The dogs barked even more fiercely.

Last night there were no dogs and no howls.

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#128 Nov 17, 2013
Kevin Eleven wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't give a single hoot WHAT the DEC says. You have to remember, they are controlled, compeltely by an administration who is rabidly Anti-gun. They know that if they acknowldged that there were large predators in New York again people would be clamoring for firearms and they don't want that. They resent gun rights completely.
THAT SAID. A few weeks ago I was outside my house at about 1030 pm. There were dogs barking in the distance like crazy.
I heard a deep, long howl, just like a wolf from a movie. Then another in the distance, like a reply. The dogs barked even more fiercely.
Last night there were no dogs and no howls.
Yeah because the coyotes moved. They don't stay in the same place very long.
Squatch

Utica, NY

#129 Nov 17, 2013
Come on people. Do you really think we have Wolf's in this area??? Are you on medication causing hallucination? I recommend calling your family doctor for a referral to see a shrink.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cokehead Comets- 0 profit -taxpayer funded welf... 18 min Its three fifteen AM 8
Anthony Attrino: a sex offender (Oct '09) 32 min Smells like trash... 5
Utica to Remove Statues 1 hr Oh No 2
Tree Cutter 1 hr My 2 Cents 9
white dudes who like blackpussy 2 hr Former Utican 18
Becky Sykes cheating of her husband again. 2 hr Apostle Jake and ... 24
NYS Police working hard to ruin Saranac Thursday 2 hr BURP 41
Who funds Mohawk valley EDGE 3 hr Oootica losers 40
High School football in trouble 7 hr Seek help 28
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 8 hr Mohammed sucks pork 132

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance