Next Last
lookingforchaos

Carthage, NY

#1 Nov 8, 2013
Hear a 250 lb was killed today
Reality

Utica, NY

#2 Nov 8, 2013
Four years ago when I was visiting friends in New Hartford, off of Rt 5, we saw a wolf in their wooded backyard but wasn't a 250 pounder. Saw a few coyotes also. Not too long ago a bear was roaming around Utica & N.Hartford also. Think it was killed when it got hit by a truck.
Davy Crockett

Florence, MA

#3 Nov 8, 2013
Saw one on Halsey Road. It ran across the road. Too big for a coy-dog.
Scary

Morris, NY

#4 Nov 9, 2013
Great. As it is I've got coyotes waiting when I take my dog out. Need to figure out something to bring with us for defense on my walk.
Rick

Holland Patent, NY

#5 Nov 9, 2013
Wasp spray?
aspca

Medford, MA

#6 Nov 9, 2013
anyone with a pic?
Scary

Ardsley, NY

#7 Nov 9, 2013
Rick wrote:
Wasp spray?
Thanks for the advice. There are always high winds where I am so I don't want to chance spraying myself or my dog. I wanted a stun gun but can't NYS. Thinking automatic paintball pistol at this point.
Horsecrap

Boston, MA

#8 Nov 9, 2013
Highly unlikely...Maybe a Coyote.. Even that is unlikely... Very low coyote population.. Last I know there was a small pack of 5 coyotes in and around Westmoreland.. They roam long distances.. That and there are no wolves according to the NYSDEC in NY...
Did you get a text msg with a pic of one ? If so I've gotten it numerous times, that and the MT. Lion killed hoax....
phc

Webster, NY

#9 Nov 9, 2013
years ago saw what i thought was a wolf coming across a frozen pond on valleyview road went home and called the zoo they said that the coyoties around there are so big they are thinking of calling them bushwolves
tony

East Hartford, CT

#10 Nov 9, 2013
black panther caught on game cam down in tenn , a while back photo on the coast to coast web site
Mountain Lion

Clockville, NY

#11 Nov 9, 2013
The stories of mountain lions is true because I work for the state DOT and we picked one up dead last year in Clayville.
DEC

New York, NY

#12 Nov 9, 2013
Mountain Lion wrote:
The stories of mountain lions is true because I work for the state DOT and we picked one up dead last year in Clayville.
It was probably a Bobcat !
Marlin Perkins

Selkirk, NY

#13 Nov 9, 2013
I see apes running wild in Cornhill all the time!
Mountain Lion

Clockville, NY

#14 Nov 9, 2013
No it was not the state did release several about 4 years ago to help curb the deer population. in certain areas.
False

Boston, MA

#15 Nov 9, 2013
Mountain Lion wrote:
No it was not the state did release several about 4 years ago to help curb the deer population. in certain areas.
That's not true...I heard the same thing... So I actually called the regional DEC office.... Being an avid outdoorsman.... I wanted to know if I should be taking prevtative measures to protect myself, a MT.Lion will kill a grown man with ease..

DEC response was this........ ROTFLMAO..... in layman's terms... 1st of there would be public notification and awareness of a predatory cat of that nature being stocked anywhere in NY state.. MT lions have never and are not planned to be introduced introduced into NY wildlife....
Wolves aren't either....

A lot of you folks could really do yourself the benefit of the almighty Google... There are no wolves or mt lions in NY.... Call up your local DEC office or visit them they are right in downtown Utica.
lumberjack

New York, NY

#16 Nov 9, 2013
It's definitely not a Lynx either, they're native to the Quebec area in Canada.
Drunk Sailor

Boston, MA

#17 Nov 9, 2013
Davy Crockett wrote:
Saw one on Halsey Road. It ran across the road. Too big for a coy-dog.
No such thing as a coy dog... Coy dog is basically a feral dog.. Meaning a stray dog...The implication is that it is half coyote half dog....There isn't one documented case of a half dog half coyote anywhere... So it was either a stray dog, a dog off a leash or a coyote.... Now having seen many coyotes in my lifetime... I can assure you a coyote is roughly the size of an average size German Shepard they really aren't that much smaller than a wolf, and are very closely related to a wolf.....
That said mis-identification and old wives tales or drunken hillbilly talk usually lead to stories like this.
Drunk Sailor

Boston, MA

#18 Nov 9, 2013
tony wrote:
black panther caught on game cam down in tenn , a while back photo on the coast to coast web site
Panthers are indigenous to the entire southeastern united states. I have seen with my own eyes in north Carolina and Florida. Tenn borders N.C.
you are nuts

Boston, MA

#19 Nov 9, 2013
Youtube has videos of filmed sightings in NY
Jethro

New York, NY

#20 Nov 9, 2013
Bunch of beer-bellied hicks claimed they seen one , figures.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anybody know about cars?? 43 min canyon 5
big fat plumber that rips people off 56 min Philly 14
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 59 min SueNY 2,223
we dont need Luke 1 hr michelle 2
House of the Good Shepherd ED doesn't have a de... 1 hr concerned 25
Hillary Best Choice 1 hr Towers 12
jill real 2 hr Darren 32
Turning stone 4 hr Murder 48
Brahbam arrest Fri Jesus Jones 42

Utica Jobs