Jones School Teachers & Assistants
Duh

Albany, NY

#132 Feb 27, 2014
Liz is the only one who knows anything about education and is the only one who does anything. Just ask her underlings.
junket

Atlanta, GA

#133 Feb 27, 2014
Jones united wrote:
At least we got rid of the paul girl. Mommy got her transferred to Conkling as a special ed TA. Now she won't get laid off when the cuts come down.
Long past time to get rid of a few more---that so-called security guard/hall monitor dunce needs to go---a pointless and useless person who spends the entire day texting and drinking coffee. You could wheel a cannon into that building and she wouldn't miss a key stroke on her phone texting. Another patronage hire of a dumbazz good for nothing with the IQ of a rock. she definitely needs to be gotten out of there and if they must hire someone, at least get someone that can speak properly, read, and not look so dang stupid.
Nope wrong

Carthage, NY

#134 Feb 27, 2014
appalled wrote:
I am appalled that parents would trash talk there children's teacher's on a tasteless forum...I know as a parent if I feel my child's teacher isnt performing up to standerds, you better believe I will be advocating for my child! Instead you bash Jones staff behind an anonymous name, get your priorities straight and stop being haters and be better parents and take action as I would!!! I am proud to be a member of the Jones Staff and take pride in my work!! Jones is still the best elementary in the district and the test scores prove that!!!
Albany st. school is the BEST in this Utica area...HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#135 Feb 27, 2014
Nope wrong wrote:
<quoted text>Albany st. school is the BEST in this Utica area...HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!
Not if you compare test scores. One would think that a school from the most affluent neighborhood in Utica would outshine every school in the district. The problem is lack of proper leadership. The principal allows her staff and parents to run the school. She bullies those she can and acquiesces to those she can't. If I was a parent of a Jones School student I would be pressuring the board to replace her immediately.
keroe

Utica, NY

#136 Feb 27, 2014
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you compare test scores. One would think that a school from the most affluent neighborhood in Utica would outshine every school in the district. The problem is lack of proper leadership. The principal allows her staff and parents to run the school. She bullies those she can and acquiesces to those she can't. If I was a parent of a Jones School student I would be pressuring the board to replace her immediately.
It may be in an affluent neighborhood, but at least half of the kids are from Cornhill. When the population of the school came from just the neighborhood that surrounds it, the test scores were always the best. Then magnet schools appeared and voilą, the scores take a nosedive. Now I know that this may be only part of the problem and the administration is the other part but it is still a real shame to see what used to be a flagship turn into a garbage scow in a period of ten years.
keroe

Utica, NY

#137 Feb 27, 2014
I forgot to mention the huge amount of refugees that also take up space in Jones. They work wonders for the test scores and morale in general.
katiedid112

Herkimer, NY

#138 Feb 27, 2014
Jones united wrote:
At least we got rid of the paul girl. Mommy got her transferred to Conkling as a special ed TA. Now she won't get laid off when the cuts come down.
She WAS at Conkling, now we hear that she is home on a PAID leave. Someone should look into this....... the district that has no money can afford to do this?
katiedid112

Herkimer, NY

#140 Feb 27, 2014
Jones united wrote:
She WAS working at Conkling, now we hear she is home on a paid leave. How is a district with no money affording to do this?
no4sure

Utica, NY

#141 Feb 27, 2014
<quoted text>

I agree with the staff and parents running the school. What about her TA's. They get away with murder. It's one big social circle that runs that school. They're all more involved in each other's lives, than they are with the education of their students. Most of them need to retire !!!
hmpf

Kansas City, MO

#142 Feb 27, 2014
They need to get rid of fatazz M lapola, the worst ta in the history of the school. another one that does nothing but feed her fat face all day. The kids under her "care" end up more retarded than before they drew the short straw getting her. There's no question on how she got her job.
oh dear

Carthage, NY

#143 Feb 27, 2014
<quoted text>
YOU responded to a comment about Albany st. school..but referred to parents of "jones school students"
carmine

Carthage, NY

#144 Feb 27, 2014
no4sure wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with the staff and parents running the school. What about her TA's. They get away with murder. It's one big social circle that runs that school. They're all more involved in each other's lives, than they are with the education of their students. Most of them need to retire !!!
what school are you referring to??
SRGGINFAIL

Westernville, NY

#145 Feb 27, 2014
keroe wrote:
I forgot to mention the huge amount of refugees that also take up space in Jones. They work wonders for the test scores and morale in general.
Using the same methodology, the figures other crimes can also be broken down:

Weapons violations are committed by Blacks at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are caught receiving or buying stolen property at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are involved in prostitution at almost 4 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are arrested for drug crimes at over 4 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are more than three times as likely as Whites to be caught at forgery, counterfeiting, and fraud, and almost three times as likely to be caught at embezzlement;

Blacks are more than 3 times as likely to be thieves as Whites;

Blacks are more than 4 times as likely to commit assault as Whites;

Blacks are almost 4.5 times as likely to steal a motor vehicle;

Blacks are more than 5 times as likely to commit forcible rape as Whites;

Blacks are over 8 times as likely to commit murder as Whites;

Blacks are more than 10 times as likely to commit robbery as Whites;

Nearly 25% of all Black males between the ages of 20 and 29 are in jail or on probation - this does not include those wanted or awaiting trial;

For all violent crimes considered together, Blacks are almost 5.5 times more likely to commit violent criminal acts than Whites; all this according to the FBI Uniform Crime Report.
Student

Utica, NY

#147 Feb 28, 2014
A teacher's aide gave bj's when I was there.
Student

Utica, NY

#149 Feb 28, 2014
Sounds like wrote:
Sounds like the typical FAIL school CNY is well known for. Real classy.
I'm disgusted by what are country is calling education!
Too nostolgic

Gouverneur, NY

#151 Feb 28, 2014
Don't always rely on the staff to teach, you parents have to help also.
been there

Gouverneur, NY

#152 Feb 28, 2014
There is a TA that all she does is text. I mentioned this to someone and they are aware. It's not the school it was, And yes, Albany school is probably a better choice.
been there

Gouverneur, NY

#153 Mar 1, 2014
If you want to complain about the teachers go somewhere else. The problem begins at home. These refugees don't learn to speak English from their parents. It's all up to the teachers and it is time consuming. Now when you are in a store with a couple of hispanics or asian they all speak (to my ears) gibberish, What the heck! Some adults don't know what the heck they are talking about. And that my friends sums it up for the whole Utica school system. Too bad!!!
Utica South

Ardsley, NY

#154 Mar 2, 2014
Jones is the best school in the city Always was and always will be. It is the best area in Utica. So there!
How sad

Carthage, NY

#155 Mar 2, 2014
Utica South wrote:
Jones is the best school in the city Always was and always will be. It is the best area in Utica. So there!
that you are living in a dream....a dream that you wish would come true. Sad to say that south utica gas gone to the dogs along with Jones school. Where have YOU been? As far as we see it, Albany st. school is by far, the BEST in the Utica area...Gen. herkimer and Jefferson come as a close second. SO THERE to YOU

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Bans Assault Rifles 2 min boomtard 9
pacenti and Cuomo united (Mar '14) 7 min truth 472
Comets on a long point streak ! 8 min Statistician 1
Mvcc women's basketball 9 min truth 2
Hillary did the same crimes as Russians 10 min boomtard 32
Keller 22 min boomtard 35
Kim Strong rescue in Brookfield? 29 min Silly 76
Utica/Labella to court with Longo $100M (Sep '13) 48 min city hall voice 40
the hookers are out its warm 9 hr Tomato Die 54
Steve DiMeo - Mohawk Valley Edge 9 hr SOI 54