Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

Part of the problem is that the old principal let the parents run the school. He was so afraid that the parents would complain to a board member that he let them do whatever they wanted. The new principal is not afraid to stand up to the parents. He supports his staff and doesn’t allow parents to make the rules. Good for him.
Jones parent

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

you have no idea what you are talking about....the principal is a women..shows how much u know
hey justicedefiled13 501

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
Part of the problem is that the old principal let the parents run the school. He was so afraid that the parents would complain to a board member that he let them do whatever they wanted. The new principal is not afraid to stand up to the parents. He supports his staff and doesn’t allow parents to make the rules. Good for him.
i give you props justice you never let your ignorance keep you from opening your big piehole. The new principal that posters are bithcing about here is a woman ya jackass.

go educate yourself about JONES school ya slowboat and then come back and post:

http://jones.uticacsd.org/
Theyre back

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

hey justicedefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
i give you props justice you never let your ignorance keep you from opening your big piehole. The new principal that posters are bithcing about here is a woman ya jackass.
go educate yourself about JONES school ya slowboat and then come back and post:
http://jones.uticacsd.org/
I actually got to like sue more than her stupid opinionated stalker lol!
justicedefiled13 501

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

Theyre back wrote:
<quoted text>I actually got to like sue more than her stupid opinionated stalker lol!
justicedefiled13501 is a special kid of stupid ain't he. shortbus special fo sho.
parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

looking into why she was hired when this principal has a very very shady past
appalled

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

I am appalled that parents would trash talk there children's teacher's on a tasteless forum...I know as a parent if I feel my child's teacher isnt performing up to standerds, you better believe I will be advocating for my child! Instead you bash Jones staff behind an anonymous name, get your priorities straight and stop being haters and be better parents and take action as I would!!! I am proud to be a member of the Jones Staff and take pride in my work!! Jones is still the best elementary in the district and the test scores prove that!!!
just saying

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

Judged:

appalled wrote:
I am appalled that parents would trash talk there children's teacher's on a tasteless forum...I know as a parent if I feel my child's teacher isnt performing up to standerds, you better believe I will be advocating for my child! Instead you bash Jones staff behind an anonymous name, get your priorities straight and stop being haters and be better parents and take action as I would!!! I am proud to be a member of the Jones Staff and take pride in my work!! Jones is still the best elementary in the district and the test scores prove that!!!
First thing, it is "their", not "there" . I hope you are not a teacher or TA. What can you teach our kids if you don't know how to spell?
Second- why are you behind an anonymous name? Introduce yourself.
Third- We tried many times to advocate for our child, but the Principal is not a good listener, nor she's willing to help with anything.
Bballer

Westerlo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

Judged:

Appalled: Just to verify a statistical fact, parental support and socio-economic status are the key components of a child's academic success. Since the majority of parents at Jones provide both these components,your influence as a "Jones" employee rank third. Test scores, as you claim,have very little to do with you.
Nosy rosy

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

Judged:

If I had a problem with a teacher that we couldn't resolve, I would call the principal. If the principal was no help, I would call the superintendent, if that didn't work, I would call a school board member, if that was no help, I would call NYSED in Albany. Everyone has a boss.
I would use topix and facebook to campaign for new board members, not to resolve my child's educational needs. If our current board is not doing a good job, we need to get out and vote for better people.

Level 2

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

The bottom line is...... This is a group effort, parents, teachers and administators working together for the benefit of the children instead for their own selfish reasons.
But I do agree that the school is not like it used to be. There are a lot of do-nothings working in the school. The former principal would have never allowed what goes on.
There was leadership at one time.
wow

Cleveland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

fire them all and start over

Level 2

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Not everyone. Most of the employees do their job. Some try to get others to do their jobs for them. You know who you are!!!!!
abc

Cleveland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2012

start all over
Saddened

Central Square, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

wake up wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't trash Rasi! The current principal couldn't wipe his nice leather shoes!
I worked at Jones under Mr. Rasi for years and they were the best teaching years of my 20 year career. We were dedicated, enthusiastic and happy. Our children and their parents were like family. We had graduations( both K & 6) that were as good as an Ivy League School. We took field trips over night, to NYC, Boston and more. We were more than happy to go above and beyond... And today I sit discouraged and stifled in my classroom... Administration has made teaching rote and impersonal. I've watched non tenured, inexperienced teachers become administrators... Ending in extremely unqualified, egotistical, big headed administrators trying to evaluate us. And frankly, it is disheartening. It seems the more incompetent you are, the farther you progress in this district. Hence, I too am counting the days till retirement. And I'm saddened.
the board

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Judged:

appalled wrote:
bite your tongue...I am APPALLED that you "THINK" that Jones is the best elementary school in the district..being on staff there, I BEG TO DIFFER.. My opinion is that ALBANY ST. School is #1, followed by GEN. HERKIMER, then JEFFERSON and then JONES. This is strictly MY opinion and we are all entitled!
Why oh why

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Just reading some of these comments from last year. I thought I was the only one who had such a negative view of the principal. She is quite rude and has set an unfriendly tone within the school. I have volunteered to help in my grandson's classroom but I was immediately dismissed. Posters are correct, parents/grandparents are unwelcome.
Parent concerned

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Saddened wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked at Jones under Mr. Rasi for years and they were the best teaching years of my 20 year career. We were dedicated, enthusiastic and happy. Our children and their parents were like family. We had graduations( both K & 6) that were as good as an Ivy League School. We took field trips over night, to NYC, Boston and more. We were more than happy to go above and beyond... And today I sit discouraged and stifled in my classroom... Administration has made teaching rote and impersonal. I've watched non tenured, inexperienced teachers become administrators... Ending in extremely unqualified, egotistical, big headed administrators trying to evaluate us. And frankly, it is disheartening. It seems the more incompetent you are, the farther you progress in this district. Hence, I too am counting the days till retirement. And I'm saddened.
And you are probably my daughter's teacher! Counting down the days and complaining about common core while my daughter and her class suffers. The problem with Jones are the high amount of teachers who are "counting" down the days. I have a problem, my phone calls are not returned. I know many teachers who wished they had informed and involved parents but Jones is the exception....
Very concerned

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Saddened wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be my child's teacher too! What teacher sends out a letter saying that they are going to offer extra help during lunch, stating how successful it has been in the past, and yet STOPS after one week because the smell of the kids lunches were making her nauseated, kids were messy and standing up! Yes- someone counting down "the days"
Jones united

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

At least we got rid of the paul girl. Mommy got her transferred to Conkling as a special ed TA. Now she won't get laid off when the cuts come down.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of145
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

394 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
JFK Middle School 3 min Westie 5
eric and rachael hall robbing charities 6 min Jovi 11
Poor Poor High Tech Trashy 12 min Abbottsford Hates Riggies 25
Why Trashy 13 min Abbottsford Hates Riggies 4
80's look is back (Jul '13) 15 min Abbottsford Hates Riggies 23
Watch Riggie Rashy Dave GO! 17 min Abbottsford Hates Riggies 12
Rashy Dave Forts Out 18 min Abbottsford Hates Riggies 6
Official: Goodbye Comets 22 min Abbottsford Hates Riggies 57
Oneida St Shooting 23 min Reney 11