First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Thank you

Utica, NY

#21 Feb 23, 2011
Utica Citizen wrote:
http://www.cityofutica.com/May or/Media/2011-02-22.htm

The entire city budget is on line. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will find two PDF files. A total of 127 pages.

Note to get to a 0% increase you need to cut about another $800,000.00 from the budget.

There are *5,038 properties that have some form of Tax exemption in full or part for a total of $805,420,263 Total Equalized Value of Exemptions or 35.90%.

*Values have been equalized using the uniform percentage value. The exempt amounts do not take into cosideration, paymente in lieu of taxes or oother paments for municipal services.

If we could make .01% of those properties non exempt there would be no tax increase.

Everyone is always looking at cuts. When do we start looking at how to increase revenue?
Finally a post by someone with a brain who isn't just angry that they couldn't pass the 'civil service' exam.
PS layoffs

Tully, NY

#22 Feb 23, 2011
Its always the little guys who get cut. How about cutting a Deputy Chief at UPD, An asst. chief at UFD, Two captains at UPD and two Deputy Chiefs at UFD. That would save probably $500,000 right there. Don't fill any vacancies in either dept., make sure the St. Patty's day parade committee pays for the overtime, along with the Boilermaker committee. Have UFD stop sending the whole army out for an EMS call. Just send the darn ambulance.
More Cuts Needed

Utica, NY

#23 Feb 23, 2011
PS layoffs wrote:
Its always the little guys who get cut. How about cutting a Deputy Chief at UPD, An asst. chief at UFD, Two captains at UPD and two Deputy Chiefs at UFD. That would save probably $500,000 right there. Don't fill any vacancies in either dept., make sure the St. Patty's day parade committee pays for the overtime, along with the Boilermaker committee. Have UFD stop sending the whole army out for an EMS call. Just send the darn ambulance.
Excellent points, and I never did understand why they send a friggin' FIRE ENGINE to accompany the rescue van on EMS calls.
day in the life

Utica, NY

#24 Feb 23, 2011
Labella Supporter wrote:
You shouldn't bring Dan Labella in to this, he loves the city and works hard to make it better.He is worth every dollar that we pay him, even if we have to raise taxes.
I love the city. That doesn't mean I'm worth a pay check. Labella does nothing for the money he gets. Cut him entire and we won't notice the difference. That's the true marker of community need. Would anyone notice if they were gone and in Dan's case the answer is a resounding NO!
day in the life

Utica, NY

#25 Feb 23, 2011
Utica Citizen wrote:
http://www.cityofutica.com/May or/Media/2011-02-22.htm
The entire city budget is on line. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will find two PDF files. A total of 127 pages.
Note to get to a 0% increase you need to cut about another $800,000.00 from the budget.
There are *5,038 properties that have some form of Tax exemption in full or part for a total of $805,420,263 Total Equalized Value of Exemptions or 35.90%.
*Values have been equalized using the uniform percentage value. The exempt amounts do not take into cosideration, paymente in lieu of taxes or oother paments for municipal services.
If we could make .01% of those properties non exempt there would be no tax increase.
Everyone is always looking at cuts. When do we start looking at how to increase revenue?
Mayors like Dave don't get it. The city has and won't see an industrial base as we get leaders like Dave that continue to raise taxes to support meaningless pet programs in lieu of job creation. Companies won't relocate to Utica because of the tax burden and we continue to raise them making it more unlikely we'll ever see meaningful growth. Instead of using grant money effectively we line the pockets of friends and family while our worthless counsil oks each endeavor then allow the Mayor and his staff to suck even more from the taxpayer. Hage is just one example of the waste. This is long and ridiculous, but we continue to support such fraud, waste, and abuse because his uneducated supporters squeak louder than the rest of you.

Will you ever stand up for yourselves?
Citizen

AOL

#26 Feb 23, 2011
Remember these spending actions of Roefaro before even thinking about he re-election bid.
--Remodels his office 4 years ago at a cost of 85,000
--raised taxes every year he has been mayor
----hires family and friends---LaBella,Nesci.his nephew.Fred Alsante,His father in law,
----appoints political stooges to city Boards---salatino.roberts ,simbari,priore.burke,
Takik Aziz

Syracuse, NY

#27 Feb 23, 2011
Any politician who raises taxes during a recession is a FAILURE !!!!
Go Away Dave

Baldwinsville, NY

#28 Feb 23, 2011
Any politician named David Roefaro in Utica,NY is a FAILURE
Takik Aziz

Syracuse, NY

#29 Feb 23, 2011
Citizen wrote:
Remember these spending actions of Roefaro before even thinking about he re-election bid.
--Remodels his office 4 years ago at a cost of 85,000
--raised taxes every year he has been mayor
----hires family and friends---LaBella,Nesci.his nephew.Fred Alsante,His father in law,
----appoints political stooges to city Boards---salatino.roberts ,simbari,priore.burke,
Utican's should vote him out of office for raising taxes every year, that is unacceptable!!!!! His raising taxes every year is a clear sign that he doesn't understand what the people who elected himare going thru at home with their budgets.
Takik Aziz

Syracuse, NY

#30 Feb 23, 2011
Talk is cheap and we should be sick of politicians saying how they understand how difficult things are for us citizens and then turn around and raise our taxes. Guess what, you DON'T UNDERSTAND if you are raising our taxes, CLEARLY you DON'T UNDERSTAND !!!
Lucretia

AOL

#32 Feb 23, 2011
Send Roefaro and Angelo who makes 60,000 from the city to New York City.
Labella Supporter

Baldwinsville, NY

#33 Feb 23, 2011
Don't forget that Dave did give up $4000 from his pay because he loves Utica so much, or is he scamming us in an election year.
a day in the life

Utica, NY

#34 Feb 23, 2011
I just read the city's ambulance svs is costing over 1M annually in overtime alone. Is that true?
kewl n the gang

Utica, NY

#35 Feb 23, 2011
a day in the life wrote:
I just read the city's ambulance svs is costing over 1M annually in overtime alone. Is that true?
I also heard that...not sure where though. I certainly hope that's not the case.

Level 2

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#36 Feb 24, 2011
Isn't it a conflict of interest to elect a Mayor who's a funeral director? He's killing us all slowly to increase his personal business. And isn't it a conflict of interest for this same Mayor to appoint a lawyer/real estate person to run DUDA or whatever it's call now?

And what's with these new names for Utica?

Utica is the Hand Job city (oops I mean hand shake) and always will be.
wow

Baldwinsville, NY

#37 Feb 24, 2011
you would know about hand jobs(like the ones Sue/yourself gives you)
more of the same

Syracuse, NY

#38 Feb 17, 2013
Groundhogs day coming to city hall and a play right out of the Roefaro days as unions have Palmeiri by the balls. He drives around a brand new leased police vehicle and you want him to make cuts to the brotherhood. Roefaro already did the dirty work. All Palmieri has to say is there's nothing he can do about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica teachers to Kids: Drop Dead 8 min knows more than U 6
Presbyterian Home 15 min Tom W 12
hey val 31 min Wendy 11
CPS Audit 44 min concern 1
Comets win Home opener in a shut out 50 min Old News 2
Utica Aud: AHL Welfare All-Star game 1 hr It doesnt matter 221
NanoNovember is almost here!!!!! YEAH!!!! 1 hr Governor Cuomo 12
Rat Picente endorses Cuomo in TV ads 2 hr John 43
Proctor football should be ashamed. 3 hr Given up 28
David Inserra 3 hr Dreezy 28