Rofaero charges taxpayers 3.94% MORE for friends and family plan

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
FEDup

Rome, NY

#1 Feb 22, 2011
I can't believe this, he is raising taxes almost 4%!?!?!?

I work hard and don't wanna pay more just because Dave has to pay all his buddies and family to work at city hall.

The rich get richer and randy soggs gets fatter.....ON OUR NICKLE!
cicero

Cortland, NY

#2 Feb 22, 2011
all he supports is bars on varick street, who paid for his sign,
Uh Uh

Utica, NY

#3 Feb 22, 2011
Needs to go back to the drawing board and find a few CUTS! In the meantime, I'm wondering what gimmicks he used to get from "40% raise in taxes might be needed" to "yippee, it's only gonna be 3.94%"
And

Utica, NY

#4 Feb 22, 2011
Tubby and Angela aren't free!
Thirsty

AOL

#5 Feb 22, 2011
What did the city do with all the water board money?
cicero

Cortland, NY

#6 Feb 22, 2011
their is 80000 homes in utica assessed at who knows,$45 per $1000 that's a lot of money, "A LOT" 80000 homes times $45 is 4 million but each home in not assessed at $1000 dollars more like 50.000 to 250.000 if you calculate 50 for the price of each home in utica for 50 thousand times 4 million that's 200 million in extra taxes for the city
cicero

Cortland, NY

#7 Feb 22, 2011
the taxes should be going down what are they doing with all that parking money
holycrapola

Watertown, NY

#8 Feb 22, 2011
HEy Mr. F@t @$$ Mayor Roefaro, that's not good enough! What part of NO MORE TAXES don't you understand? How about you not taking YOUR yearly mayoral salary for one year instead?$4000 is nothing.
Truth is

Little Falls, NY

#9 Feb 22, 2011
there are many more cuts that he can make to many useless positions. Start off with Angelo and Dan La Bella. Dead weight for sure.
Truth is

Little Falls, NY

#10 Feb 22, 2011
And perhaps since Mr. Mayor spends most of his time at the funeral home, he should give up all of his salary.
I have to Laugh

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 Feb 22, 2011
Well, how does everyone like the funeral director mayor now? What a suprise a tax increase. Wait till the bill comes for the roundabout. Yikes! Only reason why he wants it is because it's shaped like a donut.
Labella Supporter

Baldwinsville, NY

#12 Feb 22, 2011
You shouldn't bring Dan Labella in to this, he loves the city and works hard to make it better.He is worth every dollar that we pay him, even if we have to raise taxes.
Frick Frack

Rome, NY

#13 Feb 22, 2011
http://www.uticaod.com/multimedia/video/x6786...

Watch him on this video. What was his last year of education? Tird grade??

Look at Brooks too counting down the days till he has a pension worth retiring for.

Cut the stupid mayoral aid who probably gets the mayor coffee and donuts. Cut the fat (aka LaBelly) public safety commissioner. Maybe he can figure out two, tree more things to cut while he's at it too.

Thank goodness I moved out of Utica years ago.
cicero

Cortland, NY

#14 Feb 22, 2011
x mayor hanna always cut fire dept and police and their was no problems with safety? everyone has to think what is this moneyused for fire police dpw power streets
a day in the life

Utica, NY

#15 Feb 22, 2011
cicero wrote:
x mayor hanna always cut fire dept and police and their was no problems with safety? everyone has to think what is this moneyused for fire police dpw power streets
You are the only one that appears to get it. Dave got in 4 years ago by installing fear in the community and had to increase the public safety budget and we're no safer than we were before but much further in debt. Public safety and every other program that can't PROVE its financial value to the city should be cut.

Imagine how much money we'd save if we cut about 25 police officers and fire fighters respectively. Public safety isn't alone, every program and dept should understand the need to do more with less. The great thing about it is we can always hire more later if we feel the need to.
Crap Hole

Utica, NY

#16 Feb 22, 2011
How about cutting the moron that can't convert the budget into a readable PDF file for the public to read? Geek Squad can do it for much cheaper.

And what is so special about public service that I have to fund their retirement and my 401k at the same time?

Level 2

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#17 Feb 22, 2011

With all the prisons that have sprung up over the years and inmates being released daily (with a high probability of being a repeat offender) I don't think cutting the police force is the smart thing to do.
DPW has equipment that looks like it's been glued together. The guys that work for the city aren't making a killing on the tax payers that's for sure.
Fire Dept-- If it's my house I want them there ASAP. Nope can't cut there either.

Waiting to see the budget before I go on...
cicero

Cortland, NY

#18 Feb 22, 2011
Kewlhand wrote:
With all the prisons that have sprung up over the years and inmates being released daily (with a high probability of being a repeat offender) I don't think cutting the police force is the smart thing to do.
DPW has equipment that looks like it's been glued together. The guys that work for the city aren't making a killing on the tax payers that's for sure.
Fire Dept-- If it's my house I want them there ASAP. Nope can't cut there either.
Waiting to see the budget before I go on...
buy some fire extinguisher use preventive measures have a fireman inspect your home and your house wont burn down
just a thought

Rome, NY

#19 Feb 22, 2011
Perhaps all city officials should make minimum wage. Then we would get people who really do care about the city and not the profits that they will gain by working for the city.
Utica Citizen

Utica, NY

#20 Feb 23, 2011
http://www.cityofutica.com/Mayor/Media/2011-0...

The entire city budget is on line. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will find two PDF files. A total of 127 pages.

Note to get to a 0% increase you need to cut about another $800,000.00 from the budget.

There are *5,038 properties that have some form of Tax exemption in full or part for a total of $805,420,263 Total Equalized Value of Exemptions or 35.90%.

*Values have been equalized using the uniform percentage value. The exempt amounts do not take into cosideration, paymente in lieu of taxes or oother paments for municipal services.

If we could make .01% of those properties non exempt there would be no tax increase.

Everyone is always looking at cuts. When do we start looking at how to increase revenue?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girl from Summit Chrysler dodge jeep commercials 2 min Wow 4
Why do people vote Republican 5 min jive turkey 105
Does anyone else have turkey farts? (Nov '12) 51 min doggy style 11
in laws who bring nothing but balls in hand for... 1 hr bill 3
Who is Michael Nassar 1 hr John 14
People need to step up and help on thinksgiving 1 hr Mz Moet 1
original stores in riverside mall (Nov '12) 2 hr Sperminator 38
cornhill protest 4 hr cuban queen 28
wktv hits ultimate low 6 hr The staff at WKTV 39
Why I left (and love it!) 7 hr Cretin is Riggie ... 94