OD double talk
curious

Ithaca, NY

#1 Apr 1, 2013
A few months ago the OD said in an editorial how good the OD was doing and how profitable they are. Then told the employees how tough things are and that there will be no raises again. And they want us to believe what is published in that rag? I think not, when they lie to the advertisers and staff, why not lie to the readers also.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#2 Apr 1, 2013
I read the OD for the first time a few weeks back and I seriously can't understand who still buys that paper. There's absolutely zero content. I mean the sports section was 5 or 6 pages and once you took away the box scores, schedules, standings, and transactions there were three or maybe four pages. Seriously?
Moses

Ithaca, NY

#3 Apr 1, 2013
I cancelled this rag recently and they still kept charging my credit card. A lot of freaking nerve. They do not get it-i can listen to the radio and they read the stories right off the sheet. How about some journalism? Expose the jews running the abortion industry? Or expose the jews running all the medicaid scams in nY which is why we are broke?
Or expose the jews running the banking scams-which is another reason we are broke. Or explore why jews have been thrown out of 134 countries-primarily for stealing, medical chicanery and killing children. Guess who owns the newspapers? Ah now it makes sense. I am MOSES.
Amazing

Little Falls, NY

#4 Apr 2, 2013
Ever try to view pages on the Utica OD website? It is almost impossible to view anything with the constant "Ads by Zinc" and the the "Up To the Minute" popup too. Now it comes up with yet another annoying popup to sign in to read their E-Edition. If the OD is counting on their Website, which they claim they are the digital guru's, these people are doomed!

Today was my last time to even bother with these idiots. They will not listen to comments or suggestions and just keep feeding you with "what they want".

With OD circulation down to squat and a pathetic website they will have to find another line of work. They even ruined the Pennysaver papers that they spent millions on to but. What loosers!

Oh, I know! Nobody is getting a raise for the 4th straight year so they cannot keep good people.
x-reader

Ithaca, NY

#5 Apr 2, 2013
Amazing wrote:
Ever try to view pages on the Utica OD website? It is almost impossible to view anything with the constant "Ads by Zinc" and the the "Up To the Minute" popup too. Now it comes up with yet another annoying popup to sign in to read their E-Edition. If the OD is counting on their Website, which they claim they are the digital guru's, these people are doomed!
Today was my last time to even bother with these idiots. They will not listen to comments or suggestions and just keep feeding you with "what they want".
With OD circulation down to squat and a pathetic website they will have to find another line of work. They even ruined the Pennysaver papers that they spent millions on to but. What loosers!
Oh, I know! Nobody is getting a raise for the 4th straight year so they cannot keep good people.
I cancelled the paper a while back becasue they kept raising their prices and giving you less, do they think their customers are that stupid? It was strange at first not to get the paper but after a few days it was fine. I figured out there are other places to get myh news, and it is more current than what I was getting from the OD.
Paperback Novel

Syracuse, NY

#6 Apr 2, 2013
Amazing wrote:
You mean no one is getting raises, except Donna Donovan! Where would all the readers be every week without her article in the Opinions section about her horrific week at a conference and her cupcake fell on the floor and she cried 'cause there were no more left. OH,Boohoo! Poor, poor Donna. Crying all the way to the bank.
Donna's got to go, otherwise the OD is doomed, if it isn't already!
GoneDownHill

Little Falls, NY

#7 May 3, 2013
Folks, here are the new circulation ABC numbers for the Observer Dispatch. On March 2012 daily circulation was 30645. March 2013 numbers show 28063 for daily circulation. The Sunday number numbers are equally dismal if not worse. Guess what? A few months ago the publisher, Donna Donovan, boasted in her Sunday column that the paper is healthy and circulation numbers were up 18%. What? Where? Looks like more fuzzy math and another spin by the publisher Donna. To make matters worse, the remaining employees have not seen a raise going on 5 years. Yet, this year again, for the 5th straight year, their publisher and top 5 employees got big bonuses. Their CEO Mr. Reed, raked in another $800,000 bonus on top of his inflated salary. That surely must help morale! Right? They are putting their hopes on their website which is outdated. Sad but true!
FINALLY

Ithaca, NY

#8 May 3, 2013
GoneDownHill wrote:
Folks, here are the new circulation ABC numbers for the Observer Dispatch. On March 2012 daily circulation was 30645. March 2013 numbers show 28063 for daily circulation. The Sunday number numbers are equally dismal if not worse. Guess what? A few months ago the publisher, Donna Donovan, boasted in her Sunday column that the paper is healthy and circulation numbers were up 18%. What? Where? Looks like more fuzzy math and another spin by the publisher Donna. To make matters worse, the remaining employees have not seen a raise going on 5 years. Yet, this year again, for the 5th straight year, their publisher and top 5 employees got big bonuses. Their CEO Mr. Reed, raked in another $800,000 bonus on top of his inflated salary. That surely must help morale! Right? They are putting their hopes on their website which is outdated. Sad but true!
I remember the editorial where she said how wonderful they were doing and crculation was up 18%. How good can any business be doing if they continue to lose 7%-8% of their circulation every quarter.

KY WELLER
Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#9 May 3, 2013
GoneDownHill wrote:
Typical of American business. Greedy bastards just want slave labor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keven gottlieb 14 min Pig 3
Affair outside bennu in whitesboro 14 min Nancy 16
Name A Hillary Clinton Accomplishment 1 hr Dorthy76 33
kristen drama queen copeland (Sep '14) 1 hr trask5139 26
Comets schedule is out 3 hr Hockey Fan 6
Mike Pattison of St Es 4 hr shut up mike 1
Biggest RAT in ufd 5 hr Got your number 31
Sam wessing 11 hr dee 28
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 20 hr j3333rd 235

Utica Jobs