Crime is down?
Retired UPD

Manlius, NY

#1 Nov 25, 2009
Do we constantly have to be barraged by the false numbers coming from UFD? The taxpayers are smarter than this. Watch Labella now request more funding from the inept council. He will present the "crime is down case" and the ducks will follow. Taxpayers are sick of this BULLSHIT! Does City Hall have a clue? We need a full investigation of the no-show jobs in public safety. There are plenty.
Long Time Utican

Manlius, NY

#2 Nov 25, 2009
It seems like LaBella is taking all the credit that "crime is down". I wonder if he would be willing to walk the streets of Cornhill or West Utica at 10PM some night around the 1st of the month when the Welfare checks come out and the hoodlums have cash in their pockets to buy their booze and drugs. Crime might be down in North Utica and the upper part of South Utica -BUT- according to the crime maps, nothing has changed in the rest of this City.

LaBella is trying to give his buddy Dave something positive he can use in his Campaign as we all know Dave's record of successes as Mayor of this City is in the gutter.
Crime Tyme

Oneida, NY

#3 Nov 25, 2009
Despite the fact you may not like the Chief for whatever reason, crime may be down. The Chief doesn't do the street work the men and women of the department do. I for one feel they do a great job and deserve praise rather than ridicule.
Retired UPD

Manlius, NY

#4 Nov 25, 2009
I have nothing against the chief. He uses the phrase "crime is down" to add to the already over-inflated police department. He will ask the comic council to add more people, and like puppy dogs, they will oblige. Trust me, the dept in inflated. I know!
Useless PD

Fayetteville, NY

#5 Nov 25, 2009
Retired UPD wrote:
Do we constantly have to be barraged by the false numbers coming from UFD? The taxpayers are smarter than this. Watch Labella now request more funding from the inept council. He will present the "crime is down case" and the ducks will follow. Taxpayers are sick of this BULLSHIT! Does City Hall have a clue? We need a full investigation of the no-show jobs in public safety. There are plenty.
u mean false numbers from UPD? crime is down when the police wont even stand up at their own station on james st. crime is down when upd hears shots and goes the other way...at least north utica is safe
Long Time Utican

Manlius, NY

#6 Nov 25, 2009
Useless PD wrote:
<quoted text>u mean false numbers from UPD? crime is down when the police wont even stand up at their own station on james st. crime is down when upd hears shots and goes the other way...at least north utica is safe
North Utica is safe because most of the homes over here are owner occupied. The ones that can be rented are not only expensive, but the Landlords live near by and keep a close eye on their tenants. It is the North Uticans that keep crime down in North Utica - NOT the Police who are seldom seen.
hook

Manlius, NY

#7 Nov 25, 2009
Useless PD wrote:
<quoted text>u mean false numbers from UPD? crime is down when the police wont even stand up at their own station on james st. crime is down when upd hears shots and goes the other way...at least north utica is safe
crime is not down by all means. its up and keeps rising. i moved out of utica in 04 and dred going there whenever i need to. i cant believe the bullshit that goes on in that city. every person within the city government will not and does not take a blame for anything, they will always pass it on to another person. joke. upd was at one time an honered pd by the state of ny. of course its when all the old timers were on the road. now, we have guys that i personly know that were and still are the biggest druggies and crooks in the city lol. i cant believe it. i wanna be a cop!
The Justice Leauge

Oneida, NY

#8 Nov 25, 2009
Useless PD wrote:
Yes you're right, that's exactly what we do when we hear shots, we run the other way...you're a moron.
Stew Pidd

Canastota, NY

#9 Nov 25, 2009
Crime is down, the city looks beautiful, downtown is booming and the Tooth Fairy will march in the Christmas parade
Reality Checker

United States

#10 Nov 25, 2009
POLICE CRIME IS ONGOING
Crime Tyme

Oneida, NY

#11 Nov 25, 2009
Stew Pidd wrote:
Crime is down, the city looks beautiful, downtown is booming and the Tooth Fairy will march in the Christmas parade
That shows how much you know. The tooth fairy doesn't walk he flies, ergo he will not be marching!
al bundy

Auburn, NY

#12 Nov 25, 2009
if you think crime is down in utica its only because they ran out of things to steal or poke. drop your pants and see the results of the survey.
Stew Pidd

Canastota, NY

#13 Nov 25, 2009
Crime Tyme wrote:
<quoted text>
That shows how much you know. The tooth fairy doesn't walk he flies, ergo he will not be marching!
ooops, my bad
Colombo

Fayetteville, NY

#14 Nov 25, 2009
If you were the local crime data collector would you report "crime is on the rise"? Get an independent version...duhhhhhhhh
mohammed

Saranac Lake, NY

#15 Nov 27, 2009
Stew Pidd wrote:
2 killings in 2 days. ha ha crime rate is really down
Accredidation

United States

#16 Nov 27, 2009
Guess you can do whatever you want with crime stats when the state isn't watching anymore....just make em up!
Kitty

AOL

#17 Nov 27, 2009
Two murders in two days ... crime down! Pathetic
Chief Dan Labella

Englewood, CO

#18 Nov 27, 2009
"I'm pleased to announce that according to our numbers, crime is down in Utica. We're doing a great job in providing you with exemplary public safety! Oh, ahhh...no, no, I'm sorry...it seems that crime is up again...I'm going to request that five more officers be hired so that we can ensure your public safety once again...

http://www.uticaod.com/breaking/x1945269741/M...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thoughts and Prayers For Baron Trump 30 min Dwayne 17
Deputy John Cusack, Rome NY 44 min Truth Cusack 5
Who's shopping Afro American Friday? 1 hr Big Jim 6
My Drive Through Utica 1 hr Nobody cares 27
Fox News Anchors 2 hr What happened 14
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 1,138
Utica Teachers that Cheat #11 3 hr yes 4
Adult world 5 hr Wash Cut Shoot Duck 20
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 7 hr Truth hurts 99
Twin Ponds shoot em up 8 hr Gay Timmy 47