Realist

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

WOUR sucks since they dumped Bob and Tom because Ed Levine is too cheap to pay for a quality morning program. If I wanted to listen to Looser and Dave out of syracuse (who couldn't find Utica on a map if their jobs depended on it) I would, but they are pathetic. Bring back Bob and Tom so people in Utica have something to laugh about in the morning, instead of just laughing at how horrible our radio choices are now!
Joy to the World

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

Judged:

102.5 is the worst. I am sick of the Christmas music already!
Sarah Palin

Liverpool, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

97.9 is terrible. they play the same songs over and over. we really dont have any good stations anymore. even wibx is getting pretty bad for local news. they have to dump andrews from first look, hes took political and wont ask tough questions. who the hell wants to listen to a radio show that just allows politicians to spew their same old talking points. i thought the point of these shows was to ask the tough questions? and they even allow ken finelli to host even though he works at the county and should be at work while hes hosting a radio show. think he'll ever disagree with his boss (picente)?
Enough already

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

Judged:

I want to blow my Christmas brains out. Screw 102.5
I Know

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

Enough already wrote:
I want to blow my Christmas brains out. Screw 102.5
No 97.9 is the worst. I drive all day at work and they play the same 15 songs all day.
polish kielbasa

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

Apparently you don't know the Top 40 format:
Contemporary hit radio (also known as CHR, Contemporary Hits, or Top 40) is a radio format that is common in the United States and Canada that focuses on playing current and recent popular music as determined by the top 40 music charts.
That's per wiki pedia. While you may not like it HOT 107, 93Q and Fly 92 in Albany all do the same thing.
I agree Gonad and Dork are awful. Bob and Tom rule
Sarah Palin

Liverpool, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

Actually I've lived in bigger cities and they often say they WILL NOT play the same song during a certain amount of time. What you explained is the way lazy underfunded and mismanaged stations work. I could listen to the radio all day in Chicago and never hear the same song.
getting XM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

Judged:

the new WOUR is the worst since the new owner (Levine ??) took over. music sucks. dave and gomez are NOT funny and everything ( news, ads) is all about Syracuse. the old WOUR was the best.

Level 2

Since: Jul 08

Penn Yan, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

Judged:

Any station owned by Edward L.
60s Freak

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

I want MORE oldiezzzzz stations!
bookem dano

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2008

Judged:

WOUR is definitely the biggest stinker on the airwaves. Bring back "the doctor", Tom Starr, and the Bob and Tom show. I'm getting tired of listening to "Imus in the Morning" on my way into work.
American

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2008

WGAY wrote:
wour
WOUR is crap. I was listening to them a little while ago and they were playing that "Layla" song by Derrick & the Dominoes. That station is stuck in 1972. But, then again, Utica is stuck in 1947 so I guess they could be considered ahead of their times around here.
Actually

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

Judged:

The 2 worst stations around here used to be 2 of the best. Rock 107 and 93.5 The River used to play a lot of great music until some christian nutcases bought them and turned Rock 107 into a christian rock station and 93.5 into a light hits christian station. Thankfully it is only a matter of time till the owners realize that this isn't the bible thumping south when the advertising dollars stop coming into 2 stations that nobody wants to listen to. Then the owners will be forced to either sell or change the format back to what it once was.
Kent

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

Actually wrote:
The 2 worst stations around here used to be 2 of the best. Rock 107 and 93.5 The River used to play a lot of great music until some christian nutcases bought them and turned Rock 107 into a christian rock station and 93.5 into a light hits christian station. Thankfully it is only a matter of time till the owners realize that this isn't the bible thumping south when the advertising dollars stop coming into 2 stations that nobody wants to listen to. Then the owners will be forced to either sell or change the format back to what it once was.
A lot of the newer bands today sound like cheesy Christian rock bands. In fact, when I go back and listen to my old music collection half of it sounds like cheesy Christian rock. When Pearl Jam and Soundgarden teamed up in 1991 to record Temple of the Dog they must have been drinking some serious Jesus Juice. Tracks like, "Say Hello 2 Heaven," "Wooden Jesus" and "Your Saviour" seem to betray an obsession with a certain unpopular religion. Was this just soul searching on the part of the bands, or was it proselytizing? And are all the Chad Kroegers and their worthless hick bands trying to copy that sound?

Who knows and who cares. Sirius satellite radio is so much better. Howard Stern and the all Bruce Springsteen station--what can beat that!
billy d

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

All the radio stations suck around here. One word why! Lazyyyyyyyyyy!!
Sirius radio the best!!!
Stern is still # 1 even in space. HaHa

Funny as hell!! ch 100-101
LOCAL listener

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

the "LOCAL" Syracuse station.. WOUR is the worst. ever since those new owners took over. it's really a Syracuse station that once in awhile mentions Utica. Dave and gomez suck and I no longer listen to them, although I sometimes turn to them to see what LOCAL business advertises on their show, so I can stop SPENDING my money at their business. I don't know why LOCAL business spend their advertising $$$$ on this SYRACUSE station. I doubt they would like it if we spent our local $$$ shopping at stores in SYRACUSE instead of locally.
Michelle

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2008

97.9 has the worst morning show - I hate Big Poppa's long drawn out (unnecessary) pauses - the second he starts in, I change the station.
Actually

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2008

Kent wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of the newer bands today sound like cheesy Christian rock bands. In fact, when I go back and listen to my old music collection half of it sounds like cheesy Christian rock. When Pearl Jam and Soundgarden teamed up in 1991 to record Temple of the Dog they must have been drinking some serious Jesus Juice. Tracks like, "Say Hello 2 Heaven," "Wooden Jesus" and "Your Saviour" seem to betray an obsession with a certain unpopular religion. Was this just soul searching on the part of the bands, or was it proselytizing? And are all the Chad Kroegers and their worthless hick bands trying to copy that sound?
Who knows and who cares. Sirius satellite radio is so much better. Howard Stern and the all Bruce Springsteen station--what can beat that!
Whatever they were singing about, at least it was real rock music. The so called"christian rock" bands seem to have no idea what rock music is supposed to sound like. They are all sub-par musicians and all of the songs by all of the bands sound the same as one another. It is about as generic sounding as it could possibly get. No creativity whatsoever by these so called "christian rock" bands.
lolololololololo lolololol

Long Branch, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

94.3 in the new jersey area.I'm saying this because they keep recycling the same old 50 songs that they always play on the radio.This station NEEDS variety,or it's screwed!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••