AOL

#42 Jan 22, 2013
Why has not Karam frozen his salary?

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#43 Jan 22, 2013
frankcor wrote:
<quoted text>The marketplace sets the value. Is there another way to do it?
We Create the Market place that we want. I want a Market place which places more Value on Teachers than they do on Banksters.
You invisible hand people kill me.
Do you still believe in the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus too?
Stop the whining

New York, NY

#44 Jan 22, 2013
joe teacher wrote:
<quoted text>. Oh please, I teach at Proctor, you know shit! I can't help it if your grandaughter is a twit. Your comments can't be taken seriously because you give no facts to back you up and contradict yourself. Case in point, "my gd has hated social studies since 4th grade, blah, blah, blah!". You just explained why the dropout rate is so high, at Proctor, or in many other city schools, where race does indeed factor in. We don't teach in suburbia, where education is valued by kids from 2 parent families. Our kids worry about alot more serious things like where their next meal is coming from or where they're going to sleep at night, maybe not even in a bed! Or is mommy gonna be high tonite and can't help with homework, or maybe mommy is entertaining male guests coming and going. The teachers in Utica ought to collaborate and write a book of the things we deal with. Professionally, we are told what to teach, to pass a test. No time for being creative to enhance lessons. To keep kids interested. Class is not a video game or rap song. Oh, and we also pay taxes and shop in our community. Many of us do alot of things to stay up to date as teachers. I can't tell you how much teachers use of their own money for supplies. A part-time job? C'mon man, is that all you can come up with? Did you ever grade papers, read essays, prepare lessons? Meet and work with kids during your lunch or afterschool? Like you say we don't! I'm sure if your gd said she wanted to be teacher or tune would change. Right grampa?
You don't speak for all Proctor teachers, so just stop writing on this blog, pretending that you do. Go create some outstanding lessons, grade your midterms and do your data analysis. Stop the whining and be thankful you have a job. I am a teacher @ Proctor and we all do not think or act like you. If you are so angry then quit. Because your colleagues are sick and tired of listening to your whining too and we do have very good new teachers that deserve a job.
so sad

Utica, NY

#45 Jan 22, 2013
joe teacher wrote:
<quoted text>. Oh please, I teach at Proctor, you know shit! I can't help it if your grandaughter is a twit. Your comments can't be taken seriously because you give no facts to back you up and contradict yourself. Case in point, "my gd has hated social studies since 4th grade, blah, blah, blah!". You just explained why the dropout rate is so high, at Proctor, or in many other city schools, where race does indeed factor in. We don't teach in suburbia, where education is valued by kids from 2 parent families. Our kids worry about alot more serious things like where their next meal is coming from or where they're going to sleep at night, maybe not even in a bed! Or is mommy gonna be high tonite and can't help with homework, or maybe mommy is entertaining male guests coming and going. The teachers in Utica ought to collaborate and write a book of the things we deal with. Professionally, we are told what to teach, to pass a test. No time for being creative to enhance lessons. To keep kids interested. Class is not a video game or rap song. Oh, and we also pay taxes and shop in our community. Many of us do alot of things to stay up to date as teachers. I can't tell you how much teachers use of their own money for supplies. A part-time job? C'mon man, is that all you can come up with? Did you ever grade papers, read essays, prepare lessons? Meet and work with kids during your lunch or afterschool? Like you say we don't! I'm sure if your gd said she wanted to be teacher or tune would change. Right grampa?
I really trully hope you are not my son's teacher. You are so sad and poor inside your soul.

Grading papers is your job, reading essays is your job, preparing lessons is your job, you get paid for that and you get prep periods.

If you don't like your job then quit, there are many more in line.

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#48 Jan 24, 2013
disgussted wrote:
It is their UNION - NOT the "marketplace"!
You are confusing price with value. The marketplace deteremines what people are winning to pay teachers.

Level 7

Rome

#49 Jan 24, 2013
willing*
WOW

Long Island City, NY

#50 Jan 24, 2013
[QUOTE who=" teacher
"]<quoted text>
I teach at Proctor...it is the most underappreciated profession in this area, given the attitudes on this site. I love what I do every single day. People really have no idea what it is like to look into the eyes of a student and see what we see each and every day. There are some bad apples as in all things but many of us are truly there to make a difference in our students' lives. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

If it's so underappreciatd and terrible, QUIT. Nobody's forcing you to do this job. You teachers are always telling people who oppose you to go to school and get the credentials to teach.
You teachers are always saying how terrible it is, and how wonderful you are and deserving of all our praise, how underpaid you are. QUIT and get a real job where you work over 40 per week, AND don't have summers off. Teachers make me puke.
duh

Boston, MA

#51 Jan 24, 2013
$75000 after 16 years teaching. Boy, excited. Now i will have to work until I'm 63 just to get 60% of my final 3 years salary. Too bad i will max out at 80000 after 30 years in the system. Not all it is cracked out to be. My firstthree years, I averaged $24000. That its less than the average welfare recipient receives.
hey wow

Utica, NY

#52 Jan 24, 2013
keep puking you ragedy toothless fat tub of shit. the teachers are defending their credentials not complaing you moron
poor you

Utica, NY

#53 Jan 24, 2013
duh wrote:
$75000 after 16 years teaching. Boy, excited. Now i will have to work until I'm 63 just to get 60% of my final 3 years salary. Too bad i will max out at 80000 after 30 years in the system. Not all it is cracked out to be. My firstthree years, I averaged $24000. That its less than the average welfare recipient receives.
30 years ago,$24,000 a year was considered a HIGH salary!

My pension after working 23 years for Corporate America was calculated as such:

Take 5 years of your highest earnings x # of years employed divided by 60%= Pension of which Health Insurance ($210/month-indv. coverage only and high deductibles) plus taxes are taken out and with NO Cost of living increases allowed!!!!!!
duh

Dracut, MA

#54 Jan 24, 2013
And 30 years ago the cost of milk was a buck and gas was a quarter. Bottom line, those folks who think teachers get paid huge amount need to reconsider the whole picture. Those people seem angry that they don't have ability to plan for future. Teachers have to pay for their health too. Making 40000ayear for a pension plus health and taxes taken out doesn't leave much left. No complaints just something for the bashers to think about.
who cares

Utica, NY

#55 Jan 25, 2013
duh wrote:
And 30 years ago the cost of milk was a buck and gas was a quarter. Bottom line, those folks who think teachers get paid huge amount need to reconsider the whole picture. Those people seem angry that they don't have ability to plan for future. Teachers have to pay for their health too. Making 40000ayear for a pension plus health and taxes taken out doesn't leave much left. No complaints just something for the bashers to think about.
You forgot to mention that most retired people that are fortunate to even have a Pension also receive Social Security Retirement; combine the two and you can live quite comfortably.

Level 7

Rome

#56 Jan 25, 2013
Who, other than public sector employees, get pensions now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ROCCO LaDUCA 17 min NHMale 8
Annie Grove from Bagel Grove left her family 27 min Anal Eyes 1
Teachers have Cadilac Pensions? (Jan '13) 39 min Bob 294
utica national (Jun '13) 40 min Toast Masters 553
Westmoreland Rd Elementary School Whitesboro - ... 1 hr perfect1234 60
More money for the Auditorium... 1 hr Cretin is Riggie 358
yanadasis closes club house 1 hr Brother 16
NH new AD, you blew it already. 3 hr UtiKowfuck NY 11
Koguts suing SUNY Brockport 5 hr Old South 13
Teb's son arrested from NH. 13 hr Reality Check 22