Utica Bosnians Destroy Church

Utica Bosnians Destroy Church

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
spletch

AOL

#1 Apr 18, 2010
WTF! I drove down Court Street for the first time in quite a while and could not believe what is happening to the historic brick church. They are covering the 150+ year old brick church with styrofoam and stucco. Where the hell is Sullivan and the alleged historical preservation society on this? Oh that is right, they only care about the buildings they OWN on Rutger Park. This is an incredible travesty and slap in the face to those who treasure the architectural history of our once proud city. I imagine that the city is proud to have made this destruction of our heritage possible.
curious

United States

#2 Apr 18, 2010
Does that make every bldg in Utica historic? Just because it's old?
Long Time Utican

Auburn, NY

#4 Apr 18, 2010
spletch wrote:
WTF! I drove down Court Street for the first time in quite a while and could not believe what is happening to the historic brick church. They are covering the 150+ year old brick church with styrofoam and stucco. Where the hell is Sullivan and the alleged historical preservation society on this? Oh that is right, they only care about the buildings they OWN on Rutger Park. This is an incredible travesty and slap in the face to those who treasure the architectural history of our once proud city. I imagine that the city is proud to have made this destruction of our heritage possible.
There are many, many of us that agree with you.

This was once a beautiful Church that is now being turned into a typical stucco building known for what the Bosians consider their type of architectural "improvement".
Bosnian From Utica

Flushing, NY

#5 Apr 18, 2010
Long Time Utican wrote:
<quoted text>There are many, many of us that agree with you.
This was once a beautiful Church that is now being turned into a typical stucco building known for what the Bosians consider their type of architectural "improvement".
Should have taken care of it while it was yours. Had it not been for Bosnians this "once a beautiful Church" would have in a short time turned into a one million dollars (which City would pay probabbly by raising the taxes again) hole in the ground.
I agree, it once was beautiful, but not in the past decade or so.
Gerry

Flushing, NY

#6 Apr 18, 2010
In about 5 years all the stucco will fall off and then they'll abandon it, forcing the city to pay millions to tear it down (maybe Klotz will be mayor by then)
Well

Auburn, NY

#8 Apr 18, 2010
Ooooh the wicked witch of North Utica flies in with her worthless insight. No one gives two shits whether or not you think this mosque looks nice. Stay in your comfort zone, leave West Utica to your daughters' boyfriends.
Frank

New York, NY

#9 Apr 18, 2010
Where were you to take care of it during the past decade while it was a declining structure?> The city wanted to demolish it because it was in such bad shape...It will look good once it's done. Be patient
Casual Observer

Syracuse, NY

#10 Apr 18, 2010
I know allot of great Bosnian men that give great BJs. I will never say anything bad about them I depend on them for stress release!
Izet

Syracuse, NY

#11 Apr 20, 2010
I agree with Long Time Utican."This was once a beautiful Church". Just like you say "was".You should see it when we bought it.2-3 feet of water in the building.Big holes in roof and walls.15-20 containers of garbage.Where were you 10-12 years ago to prevent it.For your info there are four more churches in Utica marked for demolition this or next year.Do something to save them.
The church

Rome, NY

#12 Apr 20, 2010
Izet wrote:
I agree with Long Time Utican."This was once a beautiful Church". Just like you say "was".You should see it when we bought it.2-3 feet of water in the building.Big holes in roof and walls.15-20 containers of garbage.Where were you 10-12 years ago to prevent it.For your info there are four more churches in Utica marked for demolition this or next year.Do something to save them.
We they got this building from the city for cheap..they were told to keep it the same. But will this mayor do anything? No, this ruins the historical value of the building. It is a such a shame, why are we letting things like this happen?
Truth squad

AOL

#13 Apr 23, 2010
You typical no-mind Uticans make me sick. Just because you're uneducated, you think something different is bad. If it weren't for Bosnians and Russians and our other new citizens we'd be a __village of gold-chain wearin ("wearin", not wearing) East Uticans who think Italy is called Itly. If you can read, look at a map...Italy and Bosnia, Croatia are closer than Albany is to Utica.
Know Jesus_no peace

Stockton, CA

#14 Apr 24, 2010
many Christian churches will face the wrecking ball as people leave "the church". People today are more educated than ever before and think through the religious baloney.
Red

Auburn, NY

#15 Apr 24, 2010
Truth squad wrote:
You typical no-mind Uticans make me sick. Just because you're uneducated, you think something different is bad. If it weren't for Bosnians and Russians and our other new citizens we'd be a __village of gold-chain wearin ("wearin", not wearing) East Uticans who think Italy is called Itly. If you can read, look at a map...Italy and Bosnia, Croatia are closer than Albany is to Utica.
You mean "It-Lee"! Very funny!
bosnian girl

Utica, NY

#17 May 20, 2010
omg stop crying about it and face the fact this city if it had no Bosnians would turn into a freakin trailor park.
racism has many faces

Syracuse, NY

#18 May 21, 2010
Will you people ever get beyond race and culture and realize you all put your pants on one leg at a time. C'mon, grow up already! The church looks beautiful. People should be appreciative of the investment.

The manner in which we maintain an historical vision is another discussion and should also be explored. If it is true the building is considered an historical structure we should explore the oversight to prevent future occurrences.
not true

Syracuse, NY

#19 May 21, 2010
bosnian girl wrote:
omg stop crying about it and face the fact this city if it had no Bosnians would turn into a freakin trailor park.
The city is appreciative of what immigrants like Bosnians have done for the area. The city however, wouldn't be any different since no one has curved corruption in politics. When that happens then you'll see changes.

Do you know the annual monetary value of the Bosnian community to the area? Its not enough to determine if the city would be a trailer park or not. Your part of the many cultures all who bring something to the community. Quite as kept the groups many despise add the most to our community monetarily. Minorities and poor garner millions in federal and state aid used directly in our community. Well, it would be if we could do what we haven't been able to for decades...end the corruption.
Try this

Boston, MA

#20 May 21, 2010
I see the new mosque(that is what it is right?) every day on my way to work. I think it's a nice addition to the Utica landscape. It certainly adds variety. They've worked very hard and it's attractive especially what they've done with the tower. I think the appropriate term is minaret.

In as much as you can make a blanket statement about any group, I admire the work ethic of the Bosnain people on the whole. They seem much more determined and ambitious than a lot of the home grown population in Utica. I think that in another generation or two they will have totally assimilated into American culture just like the many groups of immigrants that preceded them. I also think that when they get to that point, the same people who are underachieving burdens on society today will still be the same at that point in time. The Bosnian-Americans will have passed them by on the social and economic ladder. It will be because of their strong work ethic not only in the workforce but in the schools as well. They will do in academics exactly what Asian immigrants have been doing in the last few generations.

This is my observation based on my experience with the Bosnian people I have known.
moe

United States

#21 May 21, 2010
The bosnans get buildings cheap fix them up live in them for a while then sell them to blacks and other people that ruined utica
Disgusted

Auburn, NY

#22 May 21, 2010
moe wrote:
The bosnans get buildings cheap fix them up live in them for a while then sell them to blacks and other people that ruined utica
Blacks can't afford to buy a house.
Irish and Italians

Baldwinsville, NY

#23 May 21, 2010
Bosnians are block headed idiots. yuk, they are fug-ugly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amish stealing from irs 46 min Death2Tyrants 9
What happened Harmony 1 hr BobbyO 164
Sunday's OD article - 20-34 yr olds moving back... 1 hr KingAndrewCuomo 50
off the court 1 hr hate parents 2
Jill Reale and Archibald? 1 hr Gross 6
Why Am I A Transgender? 1 hr AmericanInfidel 5
Why do Uticans blame the world for their fails? 2 hr Pathetic 15
How long does the IRS take to refund money afte... (Mar '13) 13 hr Jacqueline harries 78
Shots bar stabbing 17 hr Rainbow 27
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages