Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT: Notre Dame enrolls 25 more students this year...lol..what a farce. The OD article on this breath taking news read like a public relations release from the school. OH, and what a coincidence, just in time for school to start. Talk about desperadoes.
Roman Cathy Licker

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

So much for all the former Rome Catholic kids all transferring to Notre Dame. LOL
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

It probably was a press release from the school. They have to advertise to keep their name in front of the general public just like any other enterprise that isn't funded by the taxpayers.

Think of it this way. If New York public education was set up like several other states with an Oneida County School District rather than individual city, town and village districts, individual schools would be in competition for students. If that was the case you'd be seeing press releases like this one from each of the individual schools. The reason being that funding follows the student.
Principal

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Roman Cathy Licker wrote:
So much for all the former Rome Catholic kids all transferring to Notre Dame. LOL
That was all the Rome Catholic students, they had about 7 kids in each class!
judah

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

I notice the article didn't mention how many underclassmen left. Sign up 25, lose 30, wow, now that's progress.
Wait

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

25 sets parents made a good decision. Small class sizes are an advantage
drteninch

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Wait wrote:
25 sets parents made a good decision. Small class sizes are an advantage
25 sets of parents are going to be eating pocket lint...I can tolerate just about anything but the lies that are continually churned out of that school are grievous and unwarranted considering its religious affiliation.
aSKing

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

drteninch wrote:
<quoted text>
25 sets of parents are going to be eating pocket lint...I can tolerate just about anything but the lies that are continually churned out of that school are grievous and unwarranted considering its religious affiliation.
What lies are those?
Dope Pius the JudgeMENTAL

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

drteninch wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm amazed by the number of "parents" who willingly subject their kids to farcical religious indoctrination and they wonder why people dislike people who are programmed to judge people while hiding behind a facade of piety.
And then they cry when their kids only end up in mediocre professions with heads all fcked up because they have nonsensical make believe fairytale lies corked into their heads with fear. You seriously have to wonder about the level of "education" they receive by teachers and a school that must somehow deny so much of peer reviewed science and historical facts and present a make believe reality. There is always more of that programmed failure in store with these types. Look at the results and ask yourself what the benefit is especially since that schools big claim to fame is denying they had molester central going on and used everything the could to literally write it out of their history like it never happened. Wow.
Terry

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Durr's paid tuition athletes from proctor.
can mine

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

can miy son get full tuition paid for?
Very good at football, baseball and basketball. Would be top notch in all three. going into 8th grade this yr
hmph

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

can mine wrote:
can miy son get full tuition paid for?
Very good at football, baseball and basketball. Would be top notch in all three. going into 8th grade this yr
only if he is as literate as you are...
oops

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

funny. each school gets at least 30 new kids before schools even open.
nd mom

Moravia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

lindly wrote:
EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT: Notre Dame enrolls 25 more students this year...lol..what a farce. The OD article on this breath taking news read like a public relations release from the school. OH, and what a coincidence, just in time for school to start. Talk about desperadoes.
if you read the article correctly...it said 25 more FAMILIES, not students. i am sure some of those families have more than 1 child. our ND community is growing!
rah

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

nd mom wrote:
<quoted text>
if you read the article correctly...it said 25 more FAMILIES, not students. i am sure some of those families have more than 1 child. our ND community is growing!
Spare all of us your pathetic attempts at making that hole look like anything more than the port -a-potty that it is. You are sooooo sad.
nd mom

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

rah wrote:
<quoted text>
Spare all of us your pathetic attempts at making that hole look like anything more than the port -a-potty that it is. You are sooooo sad.

I am sooo sad that my children got academic scholarships to private universities. Every cent spent at ND- and we did not get a free ride-was worth dollars in college money. Don't knock it unless you've tried it!
And then some

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

nd mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sooo sad that my children got academic scholarships to private universities. Every cent spent at ND- and we did not get a free ride-was worth dollars in college money. Don't knock it unless you've tried it!
Alas, in the "upstate" mentality of public service and 'goin' nowhere slowly' "feetball" is the surefire route to "success" there in those backwaters... can't you just tell by the naggy preachy attitudes of the "parents"? In better states, when you posses real academic power and talent you needn't pay a dime! Don't knock it until you try it!
Private school graduate

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

And then some wrote:
<quoted text>Alas, in the "upstate" mentality of public service and 'goin' nowhere slowly' "feetball" is the surefire route to "success" there in those backwaters... can't you just tell by the naggy preachy attitudes of the "parents"? In better states, when you posses real academic power and talent you needn't pay a dime! Don't knock it until you try it!
Yes! Exactly! That's why other states have no private or parochial schools. Its purely a NYS phenom. Actually most places have more private schools....mostly because educators in this area know not to even attempt to get people around here to put their kids' educations above their booze habits.
NY Sux

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Private school graduate wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! Exactly! That's why other states have no private or parochial schools. Its purely a NYS phenom. Actually most places have more private schools....mostly because educators in this area know not to even attempt to get people around here to put their kids' educations above their booze habits.
Or football type retard neanderthal sports are held up as the pinnacle of the universe!

If you can afford it and want a real private school instead of a "Oootican Religous Goofball Boces of Failure and Bodyshop Techniques" try the Malcolm Gordon School right on the Hudson. Best memories, best opportunities and the best lifetime friendships and connections for a life at the top await. There are similar real private schools for girls just down the hill. Hehe.
NY Sux

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

*like MGS
These aren't that much more expensive if you prorate what your kid costs you to live at home.

I wouldn't let any teacher involved with the State of New York even talk to my kids. Who needs a life-dysfunctional, thrillseeking, over-sugared drunk liberal dreamer that's focused on retarded shit like sports and instant gratification for life for a kid?

These losers call themselves "parents" putting their kids in a N.Y.S. associated religious or public school! At least they always get exactly what they deserve so far!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••