DPW on a 1 hour break today.

Posted in the Utica Forum

Ronny

Utica, NY

#1 Nov 20, 2013
I arrived at the Price Chopper this morning around 9am and there was 6-8 DPW trucks parked in the lot. As I went in the store the workers were inside eating donuts. I guess they needed a break, fine. I left around 9:45am to go to Bagel Grove and all the same trucks were at the Grove. I went in the Grove around 10am and all the DPW workers are now eating bagels. People, you wonder now why the leaves never get picked up and the city looks like shit. Donuts and Bagels for over an hour by our tax paying DPW workers.
Understand

Woonsocket, RI

#2 Nov 20, 2013
They have to eat too
Robin

Jamesville, NY

#3 Nov 20, 2013
It's hard work sweeping up leaves !!
Mike Tubes

Utica, NY

#4 Nov 20, 2013
Ronny wrote:
I arrived at the Price Chopper this morning around 9am and there was 6-8 DPW trucks parked in the lot. As I went in the store the workers were inside eating donuts. I guess they needed a break, fine. I left around 9:45am to go to Bagel Grove and all the same trucks were at the Grove. I went in the Grove around 10am and all the DPW workers are now eating bagels. People, you wonder now why the leaves never get picked up and the city looks like shit. Donuts and Bagels for over an hour by our tax paying DPW workers.
You must have a pretty exciting life, huh? Sitting around and monitoring what other people do on their coffee breaks...
Ronny

Utica, NY

#5 Nov 20, 2013
Duh, think maybe I was grocery shopping? I think Price Chopper is a grocery store, last I checked. And then I went and got our bagels at a bagel store. It's called shopping goof.
sandman

Clinton, NY

#6 Nov 20, 2013
if you want to find the political hacks,low iq, lazy gossipers,look at your local dpw. Could be failures in other life venues but fit just fine at the local DPW.
Mike Tubes

Utica, NY

#7 Nov 20, 2013
Ronny wrote:
Duh, think maybe I was grocery shopping? I think Price Chopper is a grocery store, last I checked. And then I went and got our bagels at a bagel store. It's called shopping goof.
I think you'll find you can get your shopping done a lot faster if you're not concerned with what everyone else is doing with their lives.

Did you check up on the people in the deli too, making sure that they were weighing the cold cuts properly? What about the cashiers, were their shirts tucked in?

Typical Upstate NY mentality...
Phil

Utica, NY

#8 Nov 20, 2013
Hey Mike Tubes, be quite because you sound so stupid.
Joe

Utica, NY

#9 Nov 20, 2013
Maybe he is wondering why does it take DPW 2 weeks to do a route and people have to keep raking up the same mess. Then the mayor takes workers to march on his sweeps and do nothing.
Mike Tubes

Utica, NY

#10 Nov 20, 2013
Phil wrote:
Hey Mike Tubes, be quite because you sound so stupid.
Be quite what? Oh, you meant quiet. Maybe you shouldn't be the first person to accuse someone of stupidity.
Tubby Mike

Utica, NY

#11 Nov 20, 2013
Why don't you just leaf them alone!
mlk

Rome, NY

#12 Nov 20, 2013
sandman wrote:
if you want to find the political hacks,low iq, lazy gossipers,look at your local dpw. Could be failures in other life venues but fit just fine at the local DPW.
Ah yes , but to find pure genius you need to check out Topix. Painting with a broad brush aren't we?
Zero

Syracuse, NY

#13 Nov 20, 2013
GOTTA LOVE UNIONS
Fiore

Utica, NY

#14 Nov 20, 2013
Do u know if they picked up the leaves on Fiore yet?
uthinkits4real

Attica, NY

#15 Nov 21, 2013
Great story! Talk about morons I have a great moron story. I was following this dip sh!t around price chopper around 9 am. I couldn't help but notice him checking out these guys and licking his lips. I think I seen him grab him self through his jeans a few times while looking at them. But I didn't want to judge. Here is where the story gets me nervous, I seen him follow the guys to bagel grove! Maybe he bought them breakfast. HAHAHA Talk about a weirdo creeper... Real keyboard tough guy, if you have any problem or issue with what there doing say something and don't be a queer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Re-United At Last - A Taco Bell Love Story 4 min hmm 6
all SHOOTICA INCIDENTS ARE ]\[lGGERS STD GONE WILD 8 min twall yellow trai... 17
clifton PARK WOMEN CAUGHT DEALING HEROIN SUPER ... 10 min twall yellow trai... 13
Well Now Youre Drooling 14 min Fat Chinned Utican 1
why ARE YOU THE DUMBEST FK ON TOPIX APE LOW TEC... 16 min twall yellow trai... 6
tuttie bello 17 min big bird 2
wow PHILADELPHIA MOST DISGUSTING ]\[lGGER CRIME... 20 min Fat Chinned Utican 12
warmack picks college 22 min at aud 29
listen to the teachers whining 22 min A case In Point 71
summit cars 2 hr uraloser 18
Palmeri another Roefaro maybe worse (Apr '11) 5 hr This Makes Sense 63
summit.com girl 9 hr man o man 15
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE