How can Jim Zecca be a full time comp...

How can Jim Zecca be a full time comptrollor

Posted in the Utica Forum

Meg

Greig, NY

#1 Apr 9, 2013
He works full time as the director of solid waste for the Madison County landfill.
Finally

Ithaca, NY

#2 Apr 9, 2013
So, you finally "get it". And it's called "retirement". He's been there for 25 years.
Meg

Greig, NY

#3 Apr 9, 2013
Finally wrote:
So, you finally "get it". And it's called "retirement". He's been there for 25 years.
so when is he going to retire,he is still working and he will double dip for retirement,
Finally

Ithaca, NY

#4 Apr 9, 2013
Ummm, he can retire at the end of the year. He wouldn't (or I should say WILL) take office January 1st. And he would NOT double dip. Learn the law. The salary for Comptroller is around 60k (less than he would make if he stayed on his job) and he couldn't get a pension AND that salary. So, he would be taking a pay CUT in order to try finally helping this city fix its finances.

He has been a village trustee, village Mayor (both Oriskany Falls), an inner-city District Councilman, a Councilman At-Large, the Director of Solid Waste in Madison County for 25 years and has a record of being an independent voice for taxpayers. You can't get a much better and more qualified candidate than him.

For 25 years, as a Democrat, he has worked with a Republican Majority in Madison County. He has developed one of the most progressive and innovative solid waste programs in the country. That includes the first solar panel project in the country and the gas to energy project that is spurring an economic development site that offers businesses VERY low cost energy to locate there. They have already landed several business for this new park that will be fueled by methane energy from the landfill. He has handled budgets and traveled the country doing municipal work.

He's no Johnny Come Lately. He has been walking the walk for decades and it's his time to show what we can really do in Utica.
bugs bunny

Gouverneur, NY

#5 Apr 9, 2013
If Moorehous decides to run look for him to bring Cerminaro aboard. Nothing will change.
Finally

Ithaca, NY

#6 Apr 9, 2013
Morehouse is a decent enough guy. But strictly speaking from an electoral standpoint, he can't win a primary. He's spent the past 5 1/2 years blasting Democrats from his bully pulpit. Calling Sarah Palin "A great candidate...she would be a great President."

Cheering from the council chambers when we lost Teddy Kennedy's seat in the Senate. Recently bashing Obama in an editorial, and even bashed John Kerry, saying in an editorial in 2004 "thank God George Bush was reelected."

That stuff does NOT go over well with the party base. And it will be plastered on mailers, TV and everywhere else. And I haven't even gotten to his record as a member of the Board of E & A. His best chance would have been to switch to Republican last year. But after his campaigns against Testa and then Julian, I don't see much of a welcoming mat for him there, either.
Sam

Greig, NY

#7 Apr 10, 2013
He has nothing to offer Utica,
Show me the Facts about his Energy projects, and landing several business and what new park are you talking about.
Sam

Greig, NY

#8 Apr 10, 2013
Finally wrote:
Ummm, he can retire at the end of the year. He wouldn't (or I should say WILL) take office January 1st. And he would NOT double dip. Learn the law. The salary for Comptroller is around 60k (less than he would make if he stayed on his job) and he couldn't get a pension AND that salary. So, he would be taking a pay CUT in order to try finally helping this city fix its finances.
He has been a village trustee, village Mayor (both Oriskany Falls), an inner-city District Councilman, a Councilman At-Large, the Director of Solid Waste in Madison County for 25 years and has a record of being an independent voice for taxpayers. You can't get a much better and more qualified candidate than him.
For 25 years, as a Democrat, he has worked with a Republican Majority in Madison County. He has developed one of the most progressive and innovative solid waste programs in the country. That includes the first solar panel project in the country and the gas to energy project that is spurring an economic development site that offers businesses VERY low cost energy to locate there. They have already landed several business for this new park that will be fueled by methane energy from the landfill. He has handled budgets and traveled the country doing municipal work.
He's no Johnny Come Lately. He has been walking the walk for decades and it's his time to show what we can really do in Utica.
Mar 4, 1987 Mayor - James. West; Trustees - James Zecca and. Scott Jeffers. I see he was a Trustee.
Finally

Ithaca, NY

#9 Apr 10, 2013
Sam wrote:
He has nothing to offer Utica,
Show me the Facts about his Energy projects, and landing several business and what new park are you talking about.
Here you go. This video is featured on the NYS Association's website. It's called the ARE Park. Watch...

Sam

Greig, NY

#10 Apr 10, 2013
Finally wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go. This video is featured on the NYS Association's website. It's called the ARE Park. Watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =64oxJk2m0swXX
Funny thing is Landfill in AVA NY does the same,so nothing new.
And this project was not Jim idea.Oh yes i see him in the spot light. but that's it.
Gary

AOL

#11 Apr 10, 2013
How is Zecca qualified to be comptroller?Being a council person??????Lol
Uncle Danny

Syracuse, NY

#12 Apr 10, 2013
How was Cerminaro qualified?? The last qualified controller was Tom Nelson in the '90s
Former res

United States

#13 Apr 10, 2013
Uncle Danny wrote:
How was Cerminaro qualified?? The last qualified controller was Tom Nelson in the '90s
. True that! But hell just vote for someone who will serve as watch dog over your money and will not let them steal! Hate to say it but the only people left that I think have the balls for the job. Jillian or Lapolla and I hate them both. Public Safety that is another subject.
Former res

United States

#14 Apr 10, 2013
Julian!!!!!
Sam

Greig, NY

#15 Apr 10, 2013
Former res wrote:
<quoted text>. True that! But hell just vote for someone who will serve as watch dog over your money and will not let them steal! Hate to say it but the only people left that I think have the balls for the job. Jillian or Lapolla and I hate them both. Public Safety that is another subject.
Lou Lapolla HA HA HA HA HA
Tim Jullian Just a not sure about him.
Former res

United States

#16 Apr 10, 2013
Versera maybe!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Twin Ponds shoot em up 12 min the truth 23
LoMedico Wins 18 min Truth is 9
NY Mills the new Cornhill 21 min happy 1
Cornhill Fish & Game Club 21 min Jemal Silverback 1
Utica Teachers that Cheat #10 1 hr ELA 16
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 1 hr ConsiderThis 124
Too hot to handle? 1 hr Not a chance 16
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 1 hr Reney 905
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 2 hr Elmer Fudd 35
One Term Tenney 2 hr Moochers delight 57
Old School Bar, Culver Ave Utica NY (Jul '15) 18 hr Gino 12

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages