|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

I see dum people wrote:
<quoted text>
It is fraud to use someone else's card.
No it is not, my mother is to ill to go for herself, it is not fraud.
new taxed

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Conmed, oil company and walmart all pay taxes, workmans comp, health benefits. The freeloaders using the ebt cards pay nothing. They only take from the system . They should only allow stores such as aldi for purchases.
hank hill

Portage, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

I see dum people wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the clarification. It has been awhile since I was familiar with how this all works. Seems that every place is different. Regardless of the process a person should not be able to purchase a frozen mac and cheese that feeds two people for $6. when she can buy the ingredients to make enough for 8 people at $3.
Hey, maybe she doesn't have the time to be making her own from scratch with all of her time being devoted to finding jobs shes unqualified for so they wont hire her! give her a break lol
hank hill

Portage, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

And if she gets caught buying ingredients to cook by someone from the welly office, they'll assume she can cook and could possibly get a job doing so. Better not to risk it!
YAHO their dead

Camillus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

just give blacks free guns with the free food, they'll wipe each other out and save the country.
well said

Berlin, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

I see dum people wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of our state dollars go to health and human services. Though this is a broad category it is predominantly social welfare, Medicaid, food stamps, and matching dollars towards federal grants. The reason those programs cost so much to run is the bureaucracy it takes to run them. By the time you pay the local workers, their supervisors, contracted accounting firms to act as monitors, state monitors on top of them and every other little expense that got attached to the bill that supports these programs you will see that a very small percentage is actually afforded to the beneficiaries. The whole program needs to be redone. The government should just give all of the money to faith-based and non-profit organizations to administer these services. They have be doing so successfully for years, usually just with volunteers and donated office space. It may bring a little humility to the table as well. Folks have no problem lying and cheating the government but when they have to apply to a little old lady, the neighborhood matriarch, or a pastor they may think twice about doing so.
I love programs like JCTOD welfare recipients hate it. Why. They give you a beautiful, furnished apartment, all the food you need, counseling and parent support, plus activities for kids. But you have to contribute with mandatory volunteer hours and can't have people at your apartment all hours of the night. Yet these people in need complain so much about this place, god forbid you give a little back for all the free stuff and you can't have random guys hanging out all hours of the night wjen your supposed to be taking care of your kids.
Mindya

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Damn business. Thing is he probably is working minimum wage and is still able to collect because you don't make enough on minimum wage. But let's not raise it. Let's keep it that low and then bitch about some one that collects foodstamps because they can't live on minimum wage and in this area that's all that your going to Get. Raise minimum wage and maybe some of the people will be able to live. How about people like the president and Congress go and get jobs after their terms are up instead of collecting their salary the rest of their life. And when they reach retirement age collect social security like the rest of America. Maybe then social security will get fixed. Because you know if they have to collect it they will be damn sure it gets fixed. Why do you think social security don't get fixed. They have their own social security that we all pay for. Why??? They bleed a different color than the rest of us?? They don't fix it and don't care to fix it because they don't have to rely on it like the rest of us do. So before you judge look in the mirror and ask, what can I do to help change this downward spiral America is in.
forgetaboutit

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

I remember years ago when my family needed help after my Dad passed away. My Mom used to have and go stand in line at the fire station to get cheese,rice,powdered milk,butter,and other essential food products. To me that would make more sense becuse that would assure that the families were getting things they needed instead of using the money for other things.I know that there were cases of smaller corner grocery stores that were cited for selling things that were not to be bought with food stamps,going back to the old days would eliminate this.
voteNO

Groton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

new taxed wrote:
Conmed, oil company and walmart all pay taxes, workmans comp, health benefits. The freeloaders using the ebt cards pay nothing. They only take from the system . They should only allow stores such as aldi for purchases.
75% of the people that work at walmart get foodstamps and medacade same thing goes for conmed. They dont pay there help enough to even feed their self. So the tax payers have to . Most people on foodstamps work every day. THEY JUST WORK FOR GREEDY CORPORATE ASSHOLES. BUT LETS BLAME THE POOR AND NOT THE RICH WHO GET THAT WAY PFF THIER LABOR!
Whispers from the past

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

new taxed wrote:
I get food stamps I work 35 hours a week and do not pay enough to support me and my daughter we shop at aldis and yes some stuff at walmart. We do not get enough food stamps for the month. I do not drive a fancy car welfare doesnt pay my rent or my lights. Not everybody is taking the system for a ride there are some of us that need the help and are greatful its there.
usual Suspects

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Whispers from the past wrote:
<quoted text>I get food stamps I work 35 hours a week and do not pay enough to support me and my daughter we shop at aldis and yes some stuff at walmart. We do not get enough food stamps for the month. I do not drive a fancy car welfare doesnt pay my rent or my lights. Not everybody is taking the system for a ride there are some of us that need the help and are greatful its there.
You are the reason food stamps are a good benefit. To help working people who need a little boost to get by. It's the generations of abusers that wreck the system and give public assistance a bad name.
arms

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

i was at the store today an checking out was a lady in front of me with two carts full of foodused two different cards to pay cashier neve question y she used to different cards.it just so happened she was right next to me in the lot,she was driving a very nice hummer an talking on the phone saying i have some meat for sale later all me.
Some people

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

I totally agree the system is highly flawed there are way to many ppl out there who abuse it to many the get assistance and should not and then there are those who could use it and cant get it!! Ii have a pretty good job work 40 hours plus a week i have said nice things mentioned in other posts cloths phone etc etc. Not a nice car lol but a car none the less But also have alot of bills national greed, lol rent car insurance , cell phone bill which i also double as home phone health insurance which i also have to pay the taxes on out my checks.!! But i could use some that assistance example food stamps or ebt snap whatever it is called nowdays. Could i get it no and a lot of months with said bills allthough some being considered luxuries it gets scarce for food and i allow be4 any bills the grocery allowence. Still i run low on food at times but cannot recevie assistance my working and tax paying pay for it how come i cant take advantage of.it also?? And as stated in previous posts useing someone elses card is not against the law in certin cases i work in the health care feild and one of my mentally challenged physically handicapped clients i do shopping for and am that guy in line nice coat cloths cell phone etc paying for groceries with food stamps and when needed cash back but this is not for me yet i get the looks. The mumbled whispers when ppl dont know the situation!!

Level 3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

I am a social worker and I find fault with the whole program. There is no consideration for a family that is working to keep them selves just above the FPL. These folks are one pay check away from being homeless but because they 25k instead of 24k I have to wait until they are evicted from their home and lose a job before I can assist. Meanwhile there families living in the PJ's who know damn well that if the found a job instead of bouncing a ball all day they would employ themselves out of a free home, free food, and free electricity. These are able bodied folks who simply choose not to work. Surely I am not speaking for all of them. I frequently make home visits and many of them are elderly and infirm. Yet because there is so much abuse of welfare dollars the truly needy are lumped into the same tenement with dead beats when they should be in a health care facility. There needs to be some serious reform. Social Services shouldn't be based solely on income anymore. I BHO wants to improve the infrastructure of this country and save our national treasures he should be looking at these leaches of society to do the work instead of asking for volunteers from successful families and retired vets to do the work. WPA and CCC were very successful in building our country but that was long ago. Folks have become to accustom to the government providing services while giving nothing back in return. It used to be that if you were a young man and needed money but were too reluctant or feeble to join the military then you packed your bags, got on a bus, and headed to a work camp and built parks, bridges, schools, and all the other things we now contract out for. These young people were given food, shelter, and learned a trade. While the pay was meek it was subsidized by free health care and basic requirements while you were enrolled in the program. Once a program was finished the alumni would then have a marketable skill and a work ethic to go along with it to go out and get an actual job. Americorps is just a lingering fart of what used to be and it has been so burdened with bureaucracy that it is hardly accomplishing anything anymore other than baby sitting young twenty-somethings that refuse to grow up. While I applaud these folks for getting involved I curse the government for selling them short. Captain John Smith, upon founding settlements in the new world declared, Those of you who will not work shall not eat. This is the movement we need to be working towards if we are going to have sustainable social services that actually provide to those downtrodden individuals that actually NEED assistance. If you heard Marco Rubio last night then you know what I am talking about. Broad sweeping social programs and big government cost money and the only way to get that money is to tax. Obamacare has tied the hands of many small business and prevent them from hiring folks. Think about it. If you owned a business that was making a good profit, but not huge, would you rather insure your staff or pay fines for your 52 employees or just lay off three of them to avoid such penalties? This is big gov't being big bullies.
old timer

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Well Well Well wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with that. In fact, I've been saying that same thing for years.
We need to get rid of the government bureaucracy, greatly downsizing the number of employees (and their pension contributions & health care costs), and let the charities, churches and families help the poor.
The only reason government wants to do it is to justify government's existence and size.
Sounds good -BUT - many of the Churches food banks are supported by their parish which are also being impacted by loss of jobs, loss of finances; just like the rest of us.
Nope

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Blame the pisspoor education system in NY and the massive taxation all the welfare and public service layers eat up. It's all welfare if you look at what they actually produce.
unknown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

I see dum people wrote:
I am a social worker and I find fault with the whole program. There is no consideration for a family that is working to keep them selves just above the FPL. These folks are one pay check away from being homeless but because they 25k instead of 24k I have to wait until they are evicted from their home and lose a job before I can assist. Meanwhile there families living in the PJ's who know damn well that if the found a job instead of bouncing a ball all day they would employ themselves out of a free home, free food, and free electricity. These are able bodied folks who simply choose not to work. Surely I am not speaking for all of them. I frequently make home visits and many of them are elderly and infirm. Yet because there is so much abuse of welfare dollars the truly needy are lumped into the same tenement with dead beats when they should be in a health care facility. There needs to be some serious reform. Social Services shouldn't be based solely on income anymore. I BHO wants to improve the infrastructure of this country and save our national treasures he should be looking at these leaches of society to do the work instead of asking for volunteers from successful families and retired vets to do the work. WPA and CCC were very successful in building our country but that was long ago. Folks have become to accustom to the government providing services while giving nothing back in return. It used to be that if you were a young man and needed money but were too reluctant or feeble to join the military then you packed your bags, got on a bus, and headed to a work camp and built parks, bridges, schools, and all the other things we now contract out for. These young people were given food, shelter, and learned a trade. While the pay was meek it was subsidized by free health care and basic requirements while you were enrolled in the program. Once a program was finished the alumni would then have a marketable skill and a work ethic to go along with it to go out and get an actual job. Americorps is just a lingering fart of what used to be and it has been so burdened with bureaucracy that it is hardly accomplishing anything anymore other than baby sitting young twenty-somethings that refuse to grow up. While I applaud these folks for getting involved I curse the government for selling them short. Captain John Smith, upon founding settlements in the new world declared, Those of you who will not work shall not eat. This is the movement we need to be working towards if we are going to have sustainable social services that actually provide to those downtrodden individuals that actually NEED assistance. If you heard Marco Rubio last night then you know what I am talking about. Broad sweeping social programs and big government cost money and the only way to get that money is to tax. Obamacare has tied the hands of many small business and prevent them from hiring folks. Think about it. If you owned a business that was making a good profit, but not huge, would you rather insure your staff or pay fines for your 52 employees or just lay off three of them to avoid such penalties? This is big gov't being big bullies.
You are right. Government is to big and people like you are the problem we should get rid of half of the state and county workers cut yoir pension off and give the poor the jobs of handing out our tax dollars
CRISP DONER FRIED

Camillus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Blessing Doner didn't little chips running around an they knew their baby daddy.

Level 3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

unknown wrote:
<quoted text> You are right. Government is to big and people like you are the problem we should get rid of half of the state and county workers cut yoir pension off and give the poor the jobs of handing out our tax dollars
Or you keep my pay the same but you give me the tools to do actual case management for those actually in need instead of having me handout assistance to everyone who knows how to fill out an application with the correct answers to get assistance. Let me weed out the non-deserving so I can focus my time and efforts on the folks who really need it like the 75 year old widow who has no family or the disabled vet who is living on the streets but still working as a parking lot attendant or shoveling driveways to keep himself fed. The decision to help or not needs to be down here at a local level, not decided in the Capitol Buildings.
hank hill

Watertown, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

I see dum people wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you keep my pay the same but you give me the tools to do actual case management for those actually in need instead of having me handout assistance to everyone who knows how to fill out an application with the correct answers to get assistance. Let me weed out the non-deserving so I can focus my time and efforts on the folks who really need it like the 75 year old widow who has no family or the disabled vet who is living on the streets but still working as a parking lot attendant or shoveling driveways to keep himself fed. The decision to help or not needs to be down here at a local level, not decided in the Capitol Buildings.
yeah I kinda like your solution a little better than just feeding scum and letting working ppl fend for theirselves in tough situations. Its called life, and shit happens, maybe there are ppl who need help tht have jobs because they had to bury a parent who had no or little med/life ins and they need help to feed their kids while paying off these bills. I get it, these are the ppl that really need the help and would be off them in a short time freeing this money up for someone else in a similar situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
High rise fire Ufd 3 min Utica Sambo Tech Summit 11
irish fest is crap 10 min Joe 7
Irish Fest 13 min Joe 21
Good News Chip Plant! (Jun '13) 17 min Utica Sambo Tech Summit 192
Rumors JV Basketball coach to apply for Var. po... 28 min Utica Sambo Tech Summit 3
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 32 min Utica Sambo Tech Summit 110
Jason Powles is FAT 44 min total eclipse of the chin 18
WKTV's new broadcast desk 6 hr Danny 71
Riggie is scared 7 hr PAC Lies and Riggies 20
Policelli twins transfering to ND for basketball. 7 hr Utica Sambo Tech Summit 38
Andrew Brindisi charged in April Hit and Run A... 7 hr Felons R YOU 38
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE