support our ahl team
hockey fan

Gouverneur, NY

#1 Jul 1, 2013
the outpouring/support for our new ahl team is nothing short of amazing.I ask all sports/hockey fans to please keep it going.we currently have well over 1300 season tickets sold,please consider purchasing season tickets.We will be the 6th team in new york state with an ahl team.Bus trips,rivalries etc.this is gonna be great.please support this team.2nd BEST league in the world (ahl)!!!
Don Cherry

New York, NY

#2 Jul 4, 2013
It is the second best Hockey League in the world! With all due respect to the Utica College Team, the quality of Hockey is nowhere near the caliber of the AHL! They should work together to make this work, so that the Boilermaker is not the only source of civic pride that we have left in this City. They can perhaps have the College guys play games before the AHL Game? Also, they could scrimmage or practice with the Comets and say that they trained with future NHL Players etc. Stop being such naysayers in this area. We have the opportunity to improve the Aud.(for both Teams) and make Utica the Hockey Town that it's always been. I realize that the College Games are more affordable, but you do have to realize that you can't compare the cost of a Division III Hockey Game, with that of the second greatest Hockey League in the world. Let's make this work for both Teams and stop being so negative in this area. That's the first step in solving most of our problems. Lets Go Comets!!!
Go Comets

Waterville, NY

#3 Jul 4, 2013
Don Cherry wrote:
It is the second best Hockey League in the world! With all due respect to the Utica College Team, the quality of Hockey is nowhere near the caliber of the AHL! They should work together to make this work, so that the Boilermaker is not the only source of civic pride that we have left in this City. They can perhaps have the College guys play games before the AHL Game? Also, they could scrimmage or practice with the Comets and say that they trained with future NHL Players etc. Stop being such naysayers in this area. We have the opportunity to improve the Aud.(for both Teams) and make Utica the Hockey Town that it's always been. I realize that the College Games are more affordable, but you do have to realize that you can't compare the cost of a Division III Hockey Game, with that of the second greatest Hockey League in the world. Let's make this work for both Teams and stop being so negative in this area. That's the first step in solving most of our problems. Lets Go Comets!!!
Great post. An occasional hockey doubleheader on Saturdays might work where UC would play at 4:00 and the Comets at 7:00 with one ticket gets you in for both games. It would take some coordination but if the teams worked together they could find a way to make it happen.
peter puck

New York, NY

#4 Jul 4, 2013
I love hockey !
George

New York, NY

#5 Jul 5, 2013
Go Comets wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post. An occasional hockey doubleheader on Saturdays might work where UC would play at 4:00 and the Comets at 7:00 with one ticket gets you in for both games. It would take some coordination but if the teams worked together they could find a way to make it happen.
I agree, great post!

Go Comets!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
prostitution 29 min Bull 21
State Audit proves Comets Aud is a scam operation. 3 hr Hog and phony show 558
rob esche getting divorced 3 hr Scam Man 145
Utica now: "UtiKunta" due to White ]\[iqqer inf... 3 hr Truth 2
How many "Nano Factories" in Utica? 3 hr STILL ZERO FOOLS 135
The Utica Tower (Feb '14) 3 hr Downs and Out in UT 18
Who is Lars Tetens (Apr '10) 3 hr Fortunate 30
Turning stone 7 hr Damn Indians 50

Utica Jobs

More from around the web