Utica Schools - Free meals for all

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wboro

Utica, NY

#1 Sep 3, 2013
One more step towards a liberal utopia. All Utica students, regardless of their economic situation, get free breakfast and lunch. It's bad enough that 75% already qualified for free or reduced meals. I'm not against helping those of us who are less fortunate, but come on! Why do we have to subsidize meals for those who can afford to pay?
Halfmoon Cookie Face

Schenectady, NY

#2 Sep 3, 2013
That's the utican way! I'm sure the utica school district will be overcharging for those meals to bleed that plan dry! Lol
About time

Marlborough, MA

#3 Sep 3, 2013
Wboro wrote:
One more step towards a liberal utopia. All Utica students, regardless of their economic situation, get free breakfast and lunch. It's bad enough that 75% already qualified for free or reduced meals. I'm not against helping those of us who are less fortunate, but come on! Why do we have to subsidize meals for those who can afford to pay?
I think it's great! People who have to pay for everything in this city have jobs and work hard. Because of that sometimes they don't qualify for a lot of things. Dosent mean they are less deserving of things.In fact it's about time everyone gets a break! Way to go Utica Schools!
SewarRatz

New Hartford, NY

#4 Sep 4, 2013
If u can't afford to give your child a dollar for lunch then don't have a f#%king kid....no instead have more and more and then expect everyone else to pick the tab up
Hungry man

Utica, NY

#5 Sep 4, 2013
What time is lunch?
Woo

Utica, NY

#6 Sep 4, 2013
Isn't the point of welfare, food stamps, etc. so the families can afford to provide basic necessities? If we were going to now feed the dependent children of those who receive benefits, are we going to reduce what the people receive in monthly benefits? What about the school supplies too. Where is this welfare money going??

This is wrong. Very wrong. We are continuing to move in the wrong direction. My husband and I work and make a comfortable income. Even so, we learned how to budget. Learning to budget is not something we are teaching those receiving benefits. With what is received the people should be able to provide breakfast and lunch.

This is a very sad state of affairs. Excuse me for being blunt, but you people getting benefits need to get it together and quit sucking the system dry. You think you are clever for working the system, but you are nothing more than jokes to the rest of us who work to earn what we have.

If you can't afford to feed your kids, quit having them. Simple.
hmmmpf

New Hartford, NY

#8 Sep 4, 2013
It is a federal based program but it is still taxpayer money. NO ONE should get a free breakfast and lunch.
Truth

Utica, NY

#9 Sep 4, 2013
About time wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's great! People who have to pay for everything in this city have jobs and work hard. Because of that sometimes they don't qualify for a lot of things. Dosent mean they are less deserving of things.In fact it's about time everyone gets a break! Way to go Utica Schools!
Your post is exactly the type of thinking that drove the city of Detroit to bankruptcy and will eventually take Utica down.

Nothing is free. Don't you get that? Someone is paying for these "free" meals and for the most part it is the people who create jobs, invest and contribute. When enough of those people are sick and tired of footing the bill, they leave. What then? Think Detroit.
Ron Burgandee

Long Island City, NY

#10 Sep 4, 2013
If you can't feed them, don't breed them!!!!!!

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#11 Sep 4, 2013
It's Obama-money. It comes out of his stash.
yytry

Utica, NY

#12 Sep 4, 2013
SewarRatz wrote:
If u can't afford to give your child a dollar for lunch then don't have a f#%king kid....no instead have more and more and then expect everyone else to pick the tab up
ITS 2.00 DOLLARS DUHH YOU ARE STUPID YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ...YOUR WHOLE FAMILY ARE DISGUSTED IN YOU ...YOU ARE A LOOSER ..THATS WHY YOU DONT GET ANY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS...AND THE EASTER BUNNY SHIT IN YOUR BASKET ...YOU DIDNT EVEN GET ANY MONEY FOR THE TEETH YOUR MOM KNOCKED OUT FROM THE TOOTH FAIRY
THANK YOU HAVE A NICE DAY :)
KKKKKKKKKO

Utica, NY

#13 Sep 4, 2013
MEET ME IN 20 AT THE SPOT THE NORM
About time

Marlborough, MA

#14 Sep 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is exactly the type of thinking that drove the city of Detroit to bankruptcy and will eventually take Utica down.
Nothing is free. Don't you get that? Someone is paying for these "free" meals and for the most part it is the people who create jobs, invest and contribute. When enough of those people are sick and tired of footing the bill, they leave. What then? Think Detroit.
And my tax dollars paid for other kids free lunches since the time I got a good job and career! It's about time my own kid gets something out of it!
Wboro

Utica, NY

#15 Sep 4, 2013
yytry wrote:
<quoted text>
ITS 2.00 DOLLARS DUHH YOU ARE STUPID YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ...YOUR WHOLE FAMILY ARE DISGUSTED IN YOU ...YOU ARE A LOOSER ..THATS WHY YOU DONT GET ANY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS...AND THE EASTER BUNNY SHIT IN YOUR BASKET ...YOU DIDNT EVEN GET ANY MONEY FOR THE TEETH YOUR MOM KNOCKED OUT FROM THE TOOTH FAIRY
Wow, this is a really deep thought. Where did you get your English degree? Hamilton? Colgate? Your prose is mind blowing. Great touch using all caps. It reinforces your thesis.
SREGGIN

New York, NY

#16 Sep 4, 2013
yytry wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to africa ape or save america ---0---<
Is this true

Albany, NY

#17 Sep 4, 2013
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
&#8213; Adrian Rogers
True

Boston, MA

#18 Sep 4, 2013
Its bad enough were paying for it ,And worse that most of the food is wasted.
Halfmoon Cookie Face

Schenectady, NY

#19 Sep 4, 2013
Is this true wrote:
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
&#8213; Adrian Rogers
100% spot on. Thumbs up!
BHO

Utica, NY

#20 Sep 5, 2013
Is this true wrote:
You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
&#8213; Adrian Rogers
However, you can multiply democrat votes.
hmmmpf

New Hartford, NY

#21 Sep 5, 2013
About time wrote:
<quoted text>And my tax dollars paid for other kids free lunches since the time I got a good job and career! It's about time my own kid gets something out of it!
You are still paying for their lunch...and you will continue to pay for other people's kid's lunches as well...long after your kid's lunches have been cut off. Taxes have a funny way of working like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ucsd 7 min Stars4 13
When is the arterial going to be finished alrea... 52 min meme 2
Need physical therapist 1 hr Hottie22 10
Aqua Vino Review 1 hr Hottie22 22
Ocean Blue restaurat 1 hr Hottie22 24
Deli-Monicos 1 hr Hottie22 2
Dudrak & NY Sash No Good? (Nov '08) 1 hr Hottie22 55
Ironic Nano news announced before elections 1 hr Hottie22 70
Forbes Ranks Utica-Rome Metro Area 1 hr Hottie22 35
Utica Is a Great Place to Find a Job! Wed Sammie 41
Jill Reale of WKTV (Jan '09) Aug 31 Diction 252
How to defeat the police licence plate readers: (Jul '10) Aug 29 All Too Easy 197
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages