Mayor Palmieri says the city is in an...

Mayor Palmieri says the city is in an upswing

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
utley

Ithaca, NY

#1 Feb 25, 2014
IS THIS GUY SERIOUS OR ON DRUGS?
abc

Utica, NY

#2 Feb 25, 2014
utley wrote:
IS THIS GUY SERIOUS OR ON DRUGS?
That is the question I keep asking myself about you.

I see you finished your paper route on time to listen to the radio.
Nobody wants tax increase

Herkimer, NY

#3 Feb 25, 2014
To have only 10 residents show for a meeting concerning the tax increase shows the complete lack of respect that taxpayers hold
for this mayor.
The low turnout for the meeting, I'm sure, has convinced the mayor
that all but 10 residents are in favor of this moronic fiscal result.
Stewie

Ardsley, NY

#4 Feb 25, 2014
He thinks because bass pro,Moes, Hoopla and Stewarts built or are building the area is thriving lol
Yes it's nice to have some new business's but there are not creating the kind of jobs or revenue this city needs to survive. Nano center is going to be great however the people who get employed there will be living in new hartford, marcy, suburbs syracuse etc. not Utica and will not help the tax base. will increase sales tax revenue but not property taxes. Mayor Palimieri you are a moron and I'm mad I voted for you. You will be a one term mayor. I promise you that
Randy

Ithaca, NY

#6 Feb 25, 2014
He is by far the worst mayor Utica has ever had. Why, because he is ignorant and not to bright,that's being kind.
Its the upswing

Herkimer, NY

#7 Feb 25, 2014
The upswing is the tax level.
Truth

Utica, NY

#8 Feb 25, 2014
At this point in the history of Utica anyone who happens to be mayor is going to be faced with the same set of problems and challenges. I'm not sure it would be much different regardless who is sitting in that chair. The problems are systemic and for the most part beyond the control of anyone in city government. The city is not on the upswing. In fact it may be that it has never been worse off.

One thing this mayor needs to do is to stop trying to spin. To say that the city is on the upswing when just a few short weeks ago the city was forced to borrow $8.4 million dollars is puzzling. Those two things just don't go together. In the recent past he's announced that the city had a surplus and then proposed a budget that requires overriding the tax cap. It can't be both. One or the other is a lie.
kamakazell

Utica, NY

#9 Feb 25, 2014
The guy is mentally disturbed.
Randy

Ithaca, NY

#10 Feb 25, 2014
Bet they dont pay UCSD the taxes owed. And why isn't it in the budget?
observer

Lowville, NY

#13 Feb 25, 2014
Nobody wants tax increase wrote:
To have only 10 residents show for a meeting concerning the tax increase shows the complete lack of respect that taxpayers hold
for this mayor.
The low turnout for the meeting, I'm sure, has convinced the mayor
]that all but 10 residents are in favor of this moronic fiscal result.
It's not as important to everyone as you may think
S Froid

Herkimer, NY

#14 Feb 25, 2014
observer wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not as important to everyone as you may think
Your logic left town on the train.
U T I C A

Lowville, NY

#15 Feb 25, 2014
I LOVE UTICA.. LETS GO UTICA
Opinion

Utica, NY

#16 Feb 25, 2014
Once again everybody on these ridiculous forums seem to have all the answers and negative attitudes about anything and everything they read. First of all if you think you know it all then why are you sitting behind a computer, hiding so no one knows who you are and where you really live whether it be Utica or anywhere else nearby and some say from other states which is a complete lie because what would they really care what is happening in this city really??? Again, since you all seem to know so much then move off your asses and get out there and do something if things are not what you think they should be. Do you honestly think it's easy to be a Mayor of a city..and any city for that matter. No it's not. This Mayor is NOT the worst Mayor Utica has ever had believe me. And it's always people on the forums who say that and most of the time about every Mayor we've ever had actually. So, get over that comment as it really is getting old. Grow up, or come out from hiding and speak up if you think your all that! Oh, and try running for a city position yourself. Well, maybe your too afraid to as you know as well as anyone else that it's not fun to have all that responsibility on your shoulders. And that is most likely the reason you sit back and criticize someone who does try to make a difference. People don't go to meeting about the taxes yet it's those same people who complain and complain about tax hikes. It's just unbelievable. Step away from your computers people. Get out of hiding and say things face to face with whoever you feel the need to, even the Mayor. Otherwise, find something more constructive to do with your sorry life than spend your time on these ridiculous forums!!!!!!!!!!
willy

Waterville, NY

#18 Feb 25, 2014
Rofatso was the worst mayor , he rob it and then ate it. burp
Opinion

Utica, NY

#19 Feb 25, 2014
Honestly now you are exactly the type of person I said what I did. You are one of the people on these forums, ridiculous forums as I said before, who are only here to bash people, Changing your name and where you live does not hide the way you word things and comment on topics and every topic I've noticed in a criticizing way and with nothing but negativity. You are the person who sits behind the computer and hides as you are a coward and would not confront anyone in person if you had the opportunity because no one would take you seriously anyway. You are here to seek attention and your way of doing that is to comment in your rude and know it all attitude when you in all reality know nothing. Hey, it's fine. Sit there and type away with all your disgusting attitude because there are so many people who know you are wrong in everything you say. Have a good time hiding. Oh and by the way, no body said anything about anybody moving here. So whatever you meant by that is really stupid. Would rather see people like you move out of here, and if you are already, then really, get a life and forget about this city if it bothers you so much.
A good idea

Little Falls, NY

#20 Feb 25, 2014
Opinion wrote:
Once again everybody on these ridiculous forums seem to have all the answers and negative attitudes about anything and everything they read. First of all if you think you know it all then why are you sitting behind a computer, hiding so no one knows who you are and where you really live whether it be Utica or anywhere else nearby and some say from other states which is a complete lie because what would they really care what is happening in this city really??? Again, since you all seem to know so much then move off your asses and get out there and do something if things are not what you think they should be. Do you honestly think it's easy to be a Mayor of a city..and any city for that matter. No it's not. This Mayor is NOT the worst Mayor Utica has ever had believe me. And it's always people on the forums who say that and most of the time about every Mayor we've ever had actually. So, get over that comment as it really is getting old. Grow up, or come out from hiding and speak up if you think your all that! Oh, and try running for a city position yourself. Well, maybe your too afraid to as you know as well as anyone else that it's not fun to have all that responsibility on your shoulders. And that is most likely the reason you sit back and criticize someone who does try to make a difference. People don't go to meeting about the taxes yet it's those same people who complain and complain about tax hikes. It's just unbelievable. Step away from your computers people. Get out of hiding and say things face to face with whoever you feel the need to, even the Mayor. Otherwise, find something more constructive to do with your sorry life than spend your time on these ridiculous forums!!!!!!!!!!
I would tell you everything line by line that is retarded with your post, but to be honest it's obvious you just don't have a brain so you wouldn't understand.
Usual demoncrat garbage, say everyone's scared and if it's so easy why don't u do it and try to make it sound like we are scared. First no one is scared except you, second we don't run for office because we are busy working and that is the whole point of paying taxes to have other people do the work for us that we can not do ourselves.
In my work I don't overcharge all the time and sit around doing nothing, which gives me the right to write my opinion wherever I want numb brain.
Please observe you are the tiny tiny minority in these posts so your verbal diarrhea counts for very little.
A good idea

Little Falls, NY

#22 Feb 25, 2014
What a complete idiot, sure I've been hiding in my hous twenty years now just to hide from Palmieri.
You must work at city hall that much is obvious, and if this forum is so dumb and retarded as you say, then why are you on here to rebuke?
Stupid morons negate their own argument.
A good idea

Little Falls, NY

#23 Feb 25, 2014
Honestly now you are exactly the type of person I said what I did

I can't even understand you, is that English?
A good idea

Little Falls, NY

#24 Feb 25, 2014
The only nano development is the nano brains of the politicians around here. Although evident to most at this time, it should become even clearer even to the communist few who cling to the idea that left wing ideas are still working after this much failure. Much like obamacare.....we could call it nanocare maybe that would be fitting. The nano friends and family plan maybe.
Opinion

Utica, NY

#26 Feb 25, 2014
Hahahahahahahaha...Hit a nerve huh???? Nice how you go on and on writing posts on here changing your name and ranting and raving making no sense whatsoever thinking you know it all!! Hahahahahahah..Now who's the loony one? Plus you are answering MY post as if I wrote to you under the "new" names you create which shows even more that you are the same loony-toon changing your name on all the topics on this forum. You do not fool anyone believe me. And truthfully I wasn't even going to waste my time writing this but decided that I wanted to make one think straight as you once again think you KNOW EVERYTHING...hahahahaha..I DO NOT work for City Hall! That is hillarious!!!! but what else would someone like you think anyway? Oh and by the way, I do not spend every single minute of my life on topix as is evident by your post after post after post, changing your name and also writing on the other topics on this forum. I go here once and a while to see what idiots like you are writing and this time I could not go without saying something. I can assure you that you can write whatever you want as to this comment, you can call me all the names you want, but I am doing nothing but laughing at you. You are most definitely one funny person! hahahahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trump is doing a great job 5 min Ang 14
What martial arts school's are good or bad arou... 9 min Shaolin 8
Daina Bennett 28 min sudney67 1
News Police bust eight in prostitution sting (Jul '10) 42 min Al Bundy 27
Rainbow 44 min Yours truly 2
Best Pulmonologist in the Utica area. (Mar '14) 52 min Al Bundy 15
we will be at the new bar on the boulevard 56 min Marlene 13
Is the mafia still in Utica? (Jul '08) 3 hr Elightened Observ... 250
Par 3 hr Puhlease 100
Best looking women in Utica 20-30 in age 5 hr clark kent 42