what i think

Utica, NY

#142 Sep 24, 2010
singing a song wrote wrote:
He is doing better than ever, his best friends are all administors now.
this is funny. with him in the role of a behavioral manager, he really should go to counseling himself with his explosive temper!!
singing a song wrote

Utica, NY

#143 Sep 24, 2010
Behavioral manager that is a term of contradictions.He is in a good spot , his frends run the show. He has other ventures outside of Kids Oneida.
Lost in the sauce

New Hartford, NY

#144 Oct 29, 2013
While I agree that many programs KO have some positive outcomes, it's not the programs nor the outcomes that are the main concern. The Kids Oneida Agency while technically a NFP controls numerous for profit contracts to community providers. The vast majority of these contracts/cases are given to providers who are either under qualified and/or related. The real scam is how KO structures it's bid for government funding and is able to underbid any other NFP. The real losers are the direct community providers who are being fleeced in order to maintain lucrative agreements with the county and Private for profit LLC's. It is a literal Kansas City Shuffle!
Shuffle

Utica, NY

#145 Jan 8, 2014
It's a great program and helps out many children and provides good role models.
KO secrets

Utica, NY

#146 Jan 8, 2014
Shuffle wrote:
It's a great program and helps out many children and provides good role models.
seriously? great role models? i am pissing my pants on your statement. do your homework on whoever you think is a "great" role model. know them other than the as being providers/workers of such a great (cough) NFP. be prepared for what you will discover, then come back and comment. they try to provide you with services to make you a better parent for you child(ren) and they do the complete opposite in their own lifestyle. Hypocrites..
shuffleboard

Utica, NY

#147 Jan 8, 2014
My son worked with Brett Lojewski and he obtained excellent results with this worker. So stop spreading negatives about hardworking people who are trying to make a difference in young children's lives.
shuffleboard

Utica, NY

#148 Jan 8, 2014
His grades improved with all the quality time spent at the library and showing him a better quality of life in the community.
high horse

Utica, NY

#149 Jan 8, 2014
I worked for Brett and he was an excellent employer, treated me and others very fairly. He didn't need to rely on his relationships to further himself it was on his hard work and merit.
cookies crumbles

Utica, NY

#150 Jan 8, 2014
He will be able to work with new administration that is in place because he is an honest provider. He was paid the same as other providers and no need to keep digging. You're obviously disgruntled over all he has achieved and you continue to lose.
psy

Buffalo, NY

#151 Jan 8, 2014
KO secrets wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously? great role models? i am pissing my pants on your statement. do your homework on whoever you think is a "great" role model. know them other than the as being providers/workers of such a great (cough) NFP. be prepared for what you will discover, then come back and comment. they try to provide you with services to make you a better parent for you child(ren) and they do the complete opposite in their own lifestyle. Hypocrites..
If you take a turd and mold it into a boat, it's still a turd. I doubt these kids are in diapers and imprint on the ideals of the program worker and also doubt they try to instill there ideals on the kids. They're not walking around scratching there balls and smoking joints, spitting, swearing. They listen and interact in activities.Go to college for 12 years and then they can call you to be a role model and you can work on their mental health. But they still need a buddy.
psy

Buffalo, NY

#152 Jan 8, 2014
KO secrets wrote:
<quoted text>
I only skimmed what you said, but now after reading their mission statement, goal and evaluation class of clients, what you say still makes no sense. These should be educated people who only make a strategic plans for a family of interaction amongst themselves so they can follow some kind of a pattern. Role models have nothing to do with this, they aren't role models, they should only be helping to implement the guide set. So as long as they do their job in getting the family on a path, no one gives a crap if they go home and swear or dress in leather.
Honest

Utica, NY

#153 Jan 9, 2014
Brett does your business partner know that throughout the ages thievery has been taking place against him?
Mona

Elk Grove, CA

#154 Jun 3, 2014
The support of this agency was another set of watchful eyes in my nieces situation. We felt it protected her and her children from an abusive situation. Now their "support" has turned into a nightmare. Their "support" or lack thereof feels more like a vise, where the husband/father has been given full reign to make all of their lives miserable while this agency looks the other way and makes up new rules...for my niece. She's been deprived of her children, while her husband uses these agents/agency to control her, manipulate her, and oppress her. She's asked to continue with programs she's already completed, take drug and alcohol tests over the span of at least 7 months...which she's passed, and ordered to continue compliance that she is never informed is mandatory, if she is ever informed at all. The worst of it, her children have never received any counsel for the death of a baby sister that died of SIDs according to an autopsy report. The very reason her children were removed and this agency became involved. This agency has taken the word of a husband/father from an established family in the area. My niece is a new arrival. This agency has only half the story because they choose to hear less than half the facts, even to the point of overriding the official autopsy report and numerous other agencies that appear to benefit financially while my niece is stuck in this web. This agency from all I've experienced benefits greatly from leaving individuals that are not from well known families or those economically at a disadvantage...stuck in the system so that others can prosper. Maybe now somebody will show up in court when they're supposed to and read the test results that are laying under some stack on the desk.
Mona

Elk Grove, CA

#155 Jun 3, 2014
It was just brought to my attention that it wasn't Kid's Oneida that has failed to show up for the court appearances. It was the law guardian. So I want to give credit where credit is due. One of the few things that Kid's Oneida has done is show up for court, unprepared but they were present.
steel blue eyezs

Utica, NY

#156 Jun 4, 2014
Mona, we families harmed by them need to band together! More people filing a complaint will cause them to be investigated. they get their funding through oneida county via nys ,KO is basically like a sub contractor. and oneida county is liable when they err.
Mona

Sacramento, CA

#157 Jun 4, 2014
steel blue eyezs wrote:
Mona, we families harmed by them need to band together! More people filing a complaint will cause them to be investigated. they get their funding through oneida county via nys ,KO is basically like a sub contractor. and oneida county is liable when they err.
I couldn't agree more steel blue eyezs. I posted this on the Kid's Oneida facebook page. It was there that a individual representing KO posted a phone number and asked me to call Quality Assurance. We held a family meeting and put the family member acutely aware of the details of the case on the task. She called today, after a painfully awkward conversation with the receptionist, who had no idea where Quality Assurance was, she transferred our family member to the supervisor of the supervisor of the employee that has been unresponsive for the last 7 months. Just one more tail to chase, like every other interaction with KO.

It's so disappointing and at the same time alarming what these kids have experienced through KO.
Mona

Sacramento, CA

#158 Jun 4, 2014
So today by email I was informed that the formal complaint process is handled internally. Am I correct in understanding that they investigate themselves when a situation arises that demands an outside set of eyes? It's bad enough that we were asked to call the Quality Assurance Department and there isn't one according to the receptionist that was answering the phones today.
steel blue eyezs

Utica, NY

#159 Jun 4, 2014
they are under the scrutiny of nys office of mental health.

----
Kids Oneida began in 1998 as a special project jointly established by the NYS Office of Mental Health, NYS Department of Health and Oneida County. The first three years of the program were considered the demonstration phase of the project (1998-2001).

one thing they don't like--> be sure to send e-mails to them and also sent to someone else, ie: family member..watch how quick they Stop acknowledging them..lol..do communication by Certified return receipt mail!! if you post something to their FB page, make sure you instantly screen shoot it for proof too! then see if they remove it..lol..

----------
Kids Oneida has a blended funding model with streams coming from Oneida County Department of Social Services (OCDSS) and Medicaid.

--write to the commissioner..Lucille Soldato..socialservices.gov.ne t--attention to her. email is on ocgov.net website..

do Not let them tell you they do not handle things, cus i just showed you who funds them and who manages them.
steel blue eyezs

Utica, NY

#160 Jun 4, 2014
legally stalk..they want to point fingers, point them back. you found them on FB, see if workers are preaching what they practice. you would be surprised at how stupid people are posting crap on there. they portray to be Model citizens to the children and families they get compensated to help/guide, then let them keep that standard in your personal life too!!
steel blue eyezs

Utica, NY

#161 Jun 4, 2014
oh, and one more thing they Do Not like: if you are an educated person, possibly have more knowledge than them and you start asking questions on why this or that is happening , welcome to their "destroy" list. and nys laws allows you to record. wear one every single time you talk to a provider, service coordinator, etc... yep. arm yourself because they will deny what was or not said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are police shooting people 2 hr real criminals 5
low water levels at hinkley ? 4 hr Boat less 5
A third term for Obama 6 hr More Facts 59
Teachers need to be drug tested ! 8 hr thomas g 19
Instead of Lions 9 hr Georgie 7
West Side Dental North Utica (May '12) 11 hr chipped tooth 6
Bernie sanders 17 hr Abby 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages