Legislator David Gordon on Talk of th...

Legislator David Gordon on Talk of the Town Friday Morning

Posted in the Utica Forum

Go Dave

Camillus, NY

#1 Apr 11, 2013
Don't forget to check out Legislator David Gordon on Talk of the Town, FM 100.7 this Friday morning(April 12th). Discussing term limits for County Legislators and Comptroller.... Mr. Gordon is energetic and the future of this area!!!
Joe

Utica, NY

#2 Apr 11, 2013
Dave,
Have you no shame?
You tirelessly self promote yourself beyond the level of any decent gentleman or even human.
Please stop the insanity and go peddle what your selling to the freaks that need a hero to emulate.
Jim

Clinton, NY

#3 Apr 11, 2013
Why not term limits for the sheriff and the district attorney,county clerk oh that's right there Dems..
State

Utica, NY

#4 Apr 11, 2013
Jim wrote:
Why not term limits for the sheriff and the district attorney,county clerk oh that's right there Dems..
Because those office are regulated by the state constitution. They can't be term limited at the county level.
More Info

Camillus, NY

#5 Apr 12, 2013
If you can not hear WUTQ 100.7/ Talk of the Town on the radio it is streaming online for those that have power. Check it out at:

http://wutqfm.com/

Click on Listen Live on the top right of the page...

Go Dave!!
Yep

Camillus, NY

#6 Apr 12, 2013
Must be Republican UFOs that took out the 100.7FM transmitter. They are trying to stop Legislator David Gordon from getting his word out to the public.... :-)
George

Utica, NY

#7 Apr 12, 2013
Listned online

GREAT INTERVIEW DAVE!
really

Camillus, NY

#8 Apr 12, 2013
George wrote:
Listned online
GREAT INTERVIEW DAVE!
He spoke like a true politician by not answering the questions he was asked, for the most part. Since he mentioned two legislators by name, Dave Wood and George Joseph, you have to assume he has a beef with them and that is why he wanted to be on the air. Also, he said that he wanted to be a legislator to have as a hobby. So for everyone that missed the interview, you didn't miss much.
Hobby

Utica, NY

#9 Apr 12, 2013
Hobbies are making model cars and flying kites. We need lawmakers that have heart and soul into what they're doing on our behalf.

I thank god the transmitter was down. It saved all 20 daily listeners from the mindless babble that he would have carried on about.

Good show. Lest pray the tower is down for good. That show is an abomination.
quality time

Utica, NY

#10 Apr 12, 2013
Hobby wrote:
Hobbies are making model cars and flying kites. We need lawmakers that have heart and soul into what they're doing on our behalf.
I thank god the transmitter was down. It saved all 20 daily listeners from the mindless babble that he would have carried on about.
Good show. Lest pray the tower is down for good. That show is an abomination.
SO YOU WOULD PREFER.THAT WE NOT LISTEN?
ALL THE MORE INTERESTED IN WHAT WAS SAID.
Sour Grapes

Camillus, NY

#11 Apr 12, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>He spoke like a true politician by not answering the questions he was asked, for the most part. Since he mentioned two legislators by name, Dave Wood and George Joseph, you have to assume he has a beef with them and that is why he wanted to be on the air. Also, he said that he wanted to be a legislator to have as a hobby. So for everyone that missed the interview, you didn't miss much.
Gordon knows he is on the way out come election day, must be trying to take out a few of his own.
Tom

Somersworth, NH

#12 Apr 12, 2013
Gordon stated on the radio that he believed long term legislators stay on the board as a hobby, not him. He said that he was on the board to bring new ideas and improve his community. Perhaps you should listen to it again.
Sour Grapes

Camillus, NY

#13 Apr 12, 2013
Tom wrote:
Gordon stated on the radio that he believed long term legislators stay on the board as a hobby, not him. He said that he was on the board to bring new ideas and improve his community. Perhaps you should listen to it again.
I would rather cut off my right one than listen to that crap again. I will call Mark and Frank on Monday and ask them to do a replay so you can hear it for yourself.
Tom

Somersworth, NH

#14 Apr 15, 2013
Sour Grapes wrote:
<quoted text>I would rather cut off my right one than listen to that crap again. I will call Mark and Frank on Monday and ask them to do a replay so you can hear it for yourself.
I'd buy tickets to that show! Let me know when you are going to do that.
Just Wondering

Camillus, NY

#15 Apr 15, 2013
What experience and educational degrees does Mr. Gordon have? I wish they would publish this information about all politicians...
Really

Clinton, NY

#16 Apr 17, 2013
Tom wrote:
I'm curious. What new ideas has Gordon brought to the board to improve New Hartford over the past 2 years?
Yep

Camillus, NY

#17 Apr 17, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text> I'm curious. What new ideas has Gordon brought to the board to improve New Hartford over the past 2 years?
Good point. I do not remember anything specific he has accomplished for NH residents who he represents. From my recollection I remember the following legislation he proposed:

1. Change color of Utica taxi cabs so they are consistent between all taxi cabs operating in Utica.
2. Add a plaque to the Legislative conference room that has "In God We Trust" on it.
3. Reduce size of Legislature by 10. Then alledgedly modified legislation so it did not have enough votes to pass. Then voted down lesser legislation to reduce size by 6. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/utica-ny/TSDD...
4. Proposed term limits for Legislators to 10 years and comptroller to 8 years.
5. Address issues with Utica parking http://www.topix.com/forum/city/utica-ny/TSDD...

This is the platform he ran on:

• Reduce County Legislature to 19 members. Reduction will save money but importantly will set a precedent.
• Reduce duplication in services. Give more stipends to local municipalities to do many of the county services.
• Consolidate buildings, positions and services to save millions.
• Form a coalition of Counties to go to Albany and wage Fiscal Conservatism, work towards relief of funded mandates.
• Propose putting an end to long term rental agreements on county properties.
• Create more transparency by opening the budget to the public.
• Propose Term limits to end long-term cronyism and nepotism.
• Remove Part-Time Legislators from the Healthcare system.
• Put an end to wasteful spending that doesn’t benefit taxpayers.
NYmills

Camillus, NY

#18 Apr 17, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text> I'm curious. What new ideas has Gordon brought to the board to improve New Hartford over the past 2 years?
I don't know about NH but he has done nothing for NY mills except bore us with his presence at the senior centers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charter School expanding 20 min Thetruthhurts 4
area to get new hospital 1 hr Unreal 17
New York State should ban mixed martial arts 1 hr Unreal 11
News New O'Scugnizzo's location to open in South Utica 1 hr Acid Reflux Favor 10
How to Choose the Right Biker Dating Site 2 hr KissBiker 1
Don't Get Ice Cream From B&F Milk Center In Whi... (May '12) 2 hr Mary 17
Cosmos cafe clinton drug bust forces closure 2 hr you sure 3
WELSH IS ONLY CHOICE FOR COUNTY LEGISLATOR IN 1... 5 hr rothman 15
Name a business that's not around anymore. (Oct '13) 12 hr Ghost Region 224
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]