Why Do Uticans Feel
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Happy New Year Dave

Gouverneur, NY

#2 Jan 1, 2014
Ignorance Is Bliss wrote:
Why do Uticans feel they are some vital part of not only the state, country, but world? It's a city of 60k. A metropolitan area of 200k. There is little money there and not only zero growth but it's still receding while other areas are growing. Influxes of immigrants and government grants keep the place afloat. Why the feeling of such self worth? I mean seriously. When you tell someone you're from utica you must follow it up with "it's between Syracuse and albany". I mean come on. It's never going to be th Mecca you and your leaders want you to believe it will be. Grow up.
Dave, Cliffy baby, get off Topix in 2014, get your nose out your mamma's clam, and get a job.
well

Clinton, NY

#3 Jan 1, 2014
Why do Uticans feel they are some vital part of not only the state, country, but world? It's a city of 60k. A metropolitan area of 200k. There is little money there and not only zero growth but it's still receding while other areas are growing. Influxes of immigrants and government grants keep the place afloat. Why the feeling of such self worth? I mean seriously. When you tell someone you're from utica you must follow it up with "it's between Syracuse and albany". I mean come on. It's never going to be th Mecca you and your leaders want you to believe it will be. Grow up.
If Ignorance is bliss you must be the happiest person on the planet! Good luck to you in your land of make believe where you are OK and the world is wrong.
Oh Dave

Gouverneur, NY

#5 Jan 2, 2014
I guess the brutal truth hurts some people. It's an insignificant area in a horrible state. I mean 60k people is four city blocks in NYC. Grow up.
The post above is another example of you needing a real job. Even if you weren't a hate filled moron but just a dork that likes to rile folks up because you get off on it - you have too much time Cliffy baby. So, in either case get a job, get out yo' mama house, get a boyfriend, DON'T adopt, and turn in that loaner car.
Slim

United States

#6 Jan 2, 2014
I guess the brutal truth hurts some people. It's an insignificant area in a horrible state. I mean 60k people is four city blocks in NYC. Grow up.
So what's your point of making this a topic? You sound like the pathetic one. I know tons of good, hard working people that like living here. If you want to live your life being negative that's fine. We don't need losers like yourself here anyway. Utica is on the upswing but you don't to see that for it won't make your sad life any better to see the area improving.
and

Utica, NY

#7 Jan 2, 2014
Why do you care?
and

Utica, NY

#8 Jan 2, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>If Ignorance is bliss you must be the happiest person on the planet! Good luck to you in your land of make believe where you are OK and the world is wrong.
You said it well.
and again

Utica, NY

#9 Jan 2, 2014
Why do you care?
and again

Utica, NY

#10 Jan 2, 2014
Slim wrote:
<quoted text>So what's your point of making this a topic? You sound like the pathetic one. I know tons of good, hard working people that like living here. If you want to live your life being negative that's fine. We don't need losers like yourself here anyway. Utica is on the upswing but you don't to see that for it won't make your sad life any better to see the area improving.
I agree , said very nicely.
tyrone

Ostrava, Czech Republic

#11 Jan 2, 2014
Eye like feel my hair its like Velcro, eye like scrap corns off my dead skin body.
Actually Dave

Gouverneur, NY

#13 Jan 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Utica is on the upswing? Exactly how much do you drink before noon daily?
it looks like you drink and then like to post the truth about yourself:

DS1119
Hi. I'm DS1119. Unlike 81 I am a pedophile. not really but whatever. I have a tendency to drink a little too much at times and other times do and say some stupid shit. You know the normal stuff. So does anyone want to be my friend?
tomato rash low tech QUE

Ostrava, Czech Republic

#15 Jan 2, 2014
Clifford, your rash homosexuals aren't making drones loser, their making little ones. Does your abomination partner hack easy bake ovens ?
Actually Dave

Gouverneur, NY

#18 Jan 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Lets give them 50k. That's a mid summer mid week ball game at Yankee stadium! Lol. But yet somehow they feel they are so relevant to the world because they made a halfmoon cookie!! Lol
The area had zero hope and what's left there provides zero. Nobody with half a brain is left there. They keep taking about high paying jobs?? Get idiots...you're idiots. Why would a business owner open anything there to provide the less talented with wonderful jobs. Do you really think "nano" companies are scouring the unemployment lines for those type of workers? You people are so clueless.
the Clifton Park Library is called "The Halfmoon Public Library"!!!!! Lololololol. You are such a moron Clifford and your post below says it all:

DS1119
Hi. I'm DS1119. Unlike 81 I am a pedophile. not really but whatever. I have a tendency to drink a little too much at times and other times do and say some stupid shit. You know the normal stuff. So does anyone want to be my friend?
Old DS1119

Gouverneur, NY

#20 Jan 3, 2014
It is the "gateway to the Adirondacks" even though traffic patterns don't support that but keep selling that to the fat Uticans politicians!! Lol
That's Dave "Cliffy" Smith above and it's him below too:

DS1119
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#22 Jan 3, 2014
It is the "gateway to the Adirondacks" even though traffic patterns don't support that but keep selling that to the fat Uticans politicians!! Lol
It was never a "gateway" but keep selling that idea for another season! Lol
Delmar Dave

Gouverneur, NY

#23 Jan 3, 2014
Utica Potholes wrote:
<quoted text>
answers himself again. He's such the pathetic loser....how sad.
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#24 Jan 3, 2014
Utica Potholes wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not just for the simple fact if it was it would already be.
atually

Clinton, NY

#25 Jan 3, 2014
Old DS1119 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Dave "Cliffy" Smith above and it's him below too:
DS1119
He is using quite a few user names and ip addresses on this forum. Must be he can't get anyone to agree with him except for himself.
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#26 Jan 3, 2014
Utica Potholes wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not just for the simple fact if it was it would already be.
Every single person going to the adirondacks must go through utica!
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#27 Jan 3, 2014
Utica Potholes wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single person going to the adirondacks must go through utica!
No not at all. People from Downstate and the capital district just take I-87 north, and get off the highway eventually, and are where they wanted to be. We don't have to go through Utica!
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#29 Jan 3, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No not at all. People from Downstate and the capital district just take I-87 north, and get off the highway eventually, and are where they wanted to be. We don't have to go through Utica!
I know. I was being sarcastic. Same as anyone coming from the west they go up 81 but somehow the utica leaders have convinced these people that utica is the "gateway". Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Can you tell me about Amanda LoGalbo 2 hr Concerned Friend 1
State Legion Tourney 4 hr Skip 625 8
Hillary Best Choice 4 hr Oops 13
purple cow wings (Nov '14) 5 hr Fallinggator 8
top basketball players 6 hr Hoop Comment 19
Trump 6 hr Ted 14
Blacks in Clinton and New York Mills 6 hr Ted 1
jill real 9 hr Darren 32
Turning stone 12 hr Murder 48

Utica Jobs