Oneida County DMV Adding Staff Back -...

Oneida County DMV Adding Staff Back -- Arrrrgh!

Posted in the Utica Forum

Joe

Far Rockaway, NY

#1 Jul 25, 2012
Hey Ms. DiPerno and Mr. Picente....we cannot afford it. Sandy, it is your job to keep streamlining, to automate more services, to make more services self-service, to find cheaper better ways of doing things, to improve processes, and to push your staff to work harder and faster, doing more with less (the staff is not exactly moving fast when you go down there). Mr. Picente, despite your attestation to the contrary, at times it is necessary for the chief to micromanage, and with the current state of affairs (low tax revenue base and out of proportion government costs.....along with prior allegations within that particular department that at the least suggest a whole lot of time for drama instead of work), it is in fact your job to micromanage as part of fixing it. Adding staff back is NOT the answer and we cannot afford it. Please tighten the belt like we're doing at home.

http://www.uticaod.com/m/top/x1343991965/Traf...
joe

Saranac Lake, NY

#2 Jul 25, 2012
Add more staff. This office is used by more people than any oher office in the county.
Joe

Far Rockaway, NY

#3 Jul 25, 2012
joe wrote:
Add more staff. This office is used by more people than any oher office in the county.
Add more self-service and automate a few things....its not always about adding people. If you have to add, take them from somewhere else. This region has gotten smaller and the county building has gotten over crowded at the same time. Good that they are using Union Station but for all the wrong reasons (bloated county payrolls).
just saying

Utica, NY

#4 Jul 25, 2012
people..people..people...just because you live in utica or oneida county does not mean you cant use other counties dmv!!! just recently i did just that and renewed my license in herkimer at their dmv..staff there was friendly courtious line was short and i paid at the same window no going to sit and wait for another number.. the old fashion way!!never will step in to the utica branch so i guess i have to say thanks utica for the mumble jumble and your lack of compassion and your holier than tho attitude I dont need you EVER ANYMORE....you have been voted off my island an i will let those know we do have a choice and dont have to take it anymore!!!
Roark

Greig, NY

#5 Jul 26, 2012
It's very telling that the department head did not know what the cost of the fringe benefits of her own staff are. Does she not prepare or know what is in the budget? Or, does she simply not care?
I know

Baldwinsville, NY

#6 Jul 26, 2012
Roark wrote:
It's very telling that the department head did not know what the cost of the fringe benefits of her own staff are. Does she not prepare or know what is in the budget? Or, does she simply not care?
It's the system, not the lack of people. I waited in line for 20 minutes, and when no one moved, I left. Friends told me to go to the Rome office. I was in and out faster than the ride to Rome. Someone at DMV in Utica better find out how they do it in Rome.
They coud care less

Syracuse, NY

#7 Jul 26, 2012
How long you wait. They all know that we have no choice and need the DMV to complete our transactions. Sure we can go to a different office but more than likely once you are there you sty there. They definitly need improve their process, and in some cases their attitudes.
taxmaster

United States

#8 Jul 26, 2012
Sandy and her staff are nothing but a bunch of uneducated public servants. they couldnt figure out anything even for their own good.
Republican

Stockholm, Sweden

#9 Jul 26, 2012
Close down the DMV and replace it with a private company! It worked in Arizona!
ron

Utica, NY

#10 Jul 26, 2012
The downtown DMV is great. They know their stuff backwards and forwards. There's a black lady there, a supervisor: she is one of the best customer service people I have ever seen anywhere in my life; she is no nonsense and her knowledge of DMV stuff is encyclopedic. She's a little curt, but she can move that line like the wind.

99% of the problems at that office are customers who have ***no idea*** what they're doing. They don't fill out the forms; they don't bring ID or insurance; they're missing required documents. All that stuff is online now! Print that stuff out, get it all done and THEN go to the DMV. Once I get to the window it takes me less than a minute to get a ticket to see the cashier inside. And most of the other customers are still lost, walking around staring off into space, confused.

Always go prepared; never had a problem there even once.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Manager Carrie at Fastrac 16 min Number1Customer 3
Premier Aviation to Close 35 min Brand Izzy 41
Be careful of puto drug snitch Rocco Derollo 1 hr Papi G 10
Sorry people-Tenney and Trumps economy soaring 2 hr Max 10
John McCain: the poster boy for term limits. 2 hr Max 33
McDonalds To Drop Big Mac 2 hr Artie 22
Irish Love Abortion 2 hr Max 4
Saranac Thursday- FAILURE!!! 6 hr UR JUST WRONG 35
Utica Area Restaurant Review 13 hr Robert 30
UPD awards ceremony 16 hr Tom 29