Former Utica-Notre Dame Athlete arrested

Former Utica-Notre Dame Athlete arrested

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lol

Herkimer, NY

#1 Jan 10, 2012
Looks like a former UND athlete just got arrested for breaking into a house and stealing $70,000 in cash and other things. Phil Deperna I believe is the kids name and I think he played football there 2 years ago. I guess the great catholic education they profess to dole out failed in this case. What Happened UND lovers???? 100% college graduation rate??? What happened??
Link: http://utica-mohawkvalley.ynn.com/content/top...
goof ball

United States

#2 Jan 10, 2012
That former ND student came to ND because he was kicked out of the public school for breaking into the school. ND took him in..educated him..graduated him and the kid attended utica college before being arrested again...If you ask me ND did a great job taking him in when the public school failed him...too bad his parents didn't send him sooner.
HR Dept

Ithaca, NY

#3 Jan 10, 2012
goof ball wrote:
That former ND student came to ND because he was kicked out of the public school for breaking into the school. ND took him in..educated him..graduated him and the kid attended utica college before being arrested again...If you ask me ND did a great job taking him in when the public school failed him...too bad his parents didn't send him sooner.
So true....ND took him in but as always it's all about the choices you make in life and he wasn't making good choices long before he entered ND.
lol

Herkimer, NY

#4 Jan 10, 2012
goof ball wrote:
That former ND student came to ND because he was kicked out of the public school for breaking into the school. ND took him in..educated him..graduated him and the kid attended utica college before being arrested again...If you ask me ND did a great job taking him in when the public school failed him...too bad his parents didn't send him sooner.
Excuses excuses...... U idiots took the kid in because he was a good football player, period, end of discussion. He is a graduate of UND who profess 100% graduation rates, 100% college graduation rates blah blah blah, great education, great character students and come to find out, you guys took in a kid who was already a criminal, let him hang out with all your fine students and gave him a diploma. Then he gets arrested again and all of a sudden you are the shephard that took the lad in, good samaritans, try to turn him in the right direction. Joke. You idiots took the kid in because he had cash and could play football. Money talks even for the good catholic folks... You guys are hypocrits at the highest level!
soapstar

Earlville, NY

#5 Jan 10, 2012
It sounds to me as though you are a bit jealous and resentful of the fact that you did nor attend ND or didn't make the right decision to send your children there. Too bad for you but don't keep putting down ND. It's a good school and promotes a good well rounded education.
ND baller

United States

#6 Jan 10, 2012
ND is diversified...black white asian indian...criminals and scholars...as for taking him in for football..ND made him Sit out of all sports for an entire year. Once he got in good standing he was allowed to play sports...let's not get into a discussion of the proctor athletes...none of whom miss any time from sports due to grades or criminal activity. I'm sure this kid isn't the first ND student to end up in jail...and by the way...he graduated and went to college !!
Brother Jerome

Baldwinsville, NY

#7 Jan 11, 2012
lol wrote:
Looks like a former UND athlete just got arrested for breaking into a house and stealing $70,000 in cash and other things. Phil Deperna I believe is the kids name and I think he played football there 2 years ago. I guess the great catholic education they profess to dole out failed in this case. What Happened UND lovers???? 100% college graduation rate??? What happened??
Link: http://utica-mohawkvalley.ynn.com/content/top...
I am sorry that you were denied a quality education at ND. It seems that you have suffered dearly because of this loss. Please seek help.
A combination of group and drug therapy employed by professionals should give you some comfort in your life. BLESS!
South Utican

Raleigh, NC

#8 Jan 11, 2012
Look directly at his father if you want to know where this kid went wrong
They bend the rules

New York, NY

#9 Jan 11, 2012
ND baller wrote:
ND is diversified...black white asian indian...criminals and scholars...as for taking him in for football..ND made him Sit out of all sports for an entire year. Once he got in good standing he was allowed to play sports...let's not get into a discussion of the proctor athletes...none of whom miss any time from sports due to grades or criminal activity. I'm sure this kid isn't the first ND student to end up in jail...and by the way...he graduated and went to college !!
What about the NH football player that was arrested this summer and suspend for athletics? ND had no problem taking him this fall and he DID NOT sit out! NH does the right thing, but the player isn't punished because ND looked the other way.

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#10 Jan 11, 2012
HR Dept wrote:
<quoted text>
So true....ND took him in but as always it's all about the choices you make in life and he wasn't making good choices long before he entered ND.
The post above yours blames Utica Schools for his problems. Your post blames his poor choices. I think what this proves is what I was saying in my earlier posts. It doesn’t really matter what school a child attends, what is important is the environment that the child is raised in. Although N.D. can claim that this kid graduated and went to college, do they really want to claim this as a success story; I doubt it.
HIS FATHER

Cortland, NY

#11 Jan 11, 2012
Are you kidding his father is one of the best Dads that I know! He did nothing but get custody of this kid and fill the mother void with a great women when his mother had nothing to do with him. You people kill me his father was a fighter fucking 20 years ago not a criminal there is a huge difference. Keep in mind the things you say will always get you in the end one way or the other! Bottom line he was raised in Sauquoit had everything a kid could want and his father coached every sport this kid played from the day he was able and I beleive has done the same thing with his daughter who is a wonderfull little girl. So again who failed who ass hole!
father

Cortland, NY

#12 Jan 11, 2012
I agree and also knew his father years ago and was a great guy to all unless he didnt like you lol. But I do know that his real mother had nothing to do with him his hole life and was also on drugs and a thief. I beleive she dated every drug dealer in Utica at one point just a nasty women. You people are so easy to put the blame on the dads and never even look at the mothers well this is one of them cases. Good luck Phil hope you doing ok.

Steve
South Utican

Raleigh, NC

#13 Jan 11, 2012
father wrote:
I agree and also knew his father years ago and was a great guy to all unless he didnt like you lol. But I do know that his real mother had nothing to do with him his hole life and was also on drugs and a thief. I beleive she dated every drug dealer in Utica at one point just a nasty women. You people are so easy to put the blame on the dads and never even look at the mothers well this is one of them cases. Good luck Phil hope you doing ok.
Steve
I remember being at a lot of sporting events and the father causing trouble many ,many times. I was at girls softball game once and the police had to be called cause he was starting trouble. Give him credit for raising kids , but do not make him out to be a saint. The softball game was an allstar game in SU for 12 year old girls , he had one little girl in tears on the other team with his harrasment. he is an idiot
ND Losers

Utica, NY

#14 Jan 11, 2012
Brother Jerome wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that you were denied a quality education at ND. It seems that you have suffered dearly because of this loss. Please seek help.
A combination of group and drug therapy employed by professionals should give you some comfort in your life. BLESS!
And by quality education do you mean molested by the faculty?? or just that you couldnt handle public school so you had to attend a pus sy school to keep from being beat up and bullied?? just wondering ...
of course

Carthage, NY

#16 Jan 11, 2012
South Utican wrote:
Look directly at his father if you want to know where this kid went wrong
.....you plant corn you get corn.......
Not true

Raleigh, NC

#17 Jan 11, 2012
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
The post above yours blames Utica Schools for his problems. Your post blames his poor choices. I think what this proves is what I was saying in my earlier posts. It doesn’t really matter what school a child attends, what is important is the environment that the child is raised in. Although N.D. can claim that this kid graduated and went to college, do they really want to claim this as a success story; I doubt it.
He went to Notre Dame after being booted from Sauquoit. He attended ND for two years I think. Now I'm not sure what one has to do with the other 4 years later though. I'm told that while he was at Sauquoit he had problems that led him to be in trouble with the law and the school. His problems started long before he went to ND it would seem. He was on the straight and narrow while at ND, graduated, and now 4 years later is in trouble again. If you have different information I'd be happy to hear it.

No one is trying to claim that every student that graduates from Notre Dame will be wildly successful. What I said was that the environment at Notre Dame is different than the environment at Proctor (the combined Utica high school) and that environment has at least something to do with outcome. Other factors have to do with outcome as well. Sometimes bad seed is just bad seed.
emanon

AOL

#18 Jan 11, 2012
Not everyone can be saved no matter where they attend school. Once a crook always a crook.
shame

Herkimer, NY

#19 Jan 11, 2012
Sometimes kids don't learn, not even the hard way ..smh
please

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Jan 11, 2012
ND is not the school it once was. But every school has its issues. Phil went to Notre Dame and the other boy in this case got arrested from Whitesboro. Kids from EVERY school are getting in trouble. There is a bigger picture here. The schools our children go to are only one part of the problem, their friends are another, the discipline they get, the shows they watch... society as a whole. Everyone is pissing and moaning about what highschool someone went to? Please folks, wake up and smell the coffee. Get to the bigger issues. It isn't about what school these kids are going to. Some kids are just plain BAD.
ANNA

Utica, NY

#21 Jan 11, 2012
lol wrote:
Looks like a former UND athlete just got arrested for breaking into a house and stealing $70,000 in cash and other things. Phil Deperna I believe is the kids name and I think he played football there 2 years ago. I guess the great catholic education they profess to dole out failed in this case. What Happened UND lovers???? 100% college graduation rate??? What happened??
Link: http://utica-mohawkvalley.ynn.com/content/top...
Are you serious?? How many public school kids get arrested?? Get over the fact that you sent your kids to public school and we didn't -- stop looking for the one in one hundred that did something stupid. It's no reflection on the other kids at ND any more than Jeremy Hurd is a reflection on the other kids at New Hartford. And, by the way -- no one that I know of has been molested at ND -- can you same the same about Proctor?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Refugee Way: Play & Pray 3 min Moochers delight 4
the scummiest thing you saw in a restaurant 8 min Dee 4
Twin Ponds shoot em up 8 min Jay Z 44
roaches in restaurants 12 min Jay 3
Joe Freakin Johnson (Nov '14) 1 hr CorruptCounty 30
I Destroyed Sports at New Hartford. (Jun '14) 1 hr madetherebed 64
LoMedico Wins 1 hr Calendar is Bringing 26
One Term Tenney 3 hr Moochers delight 98
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 3 hr Lame politicians 91
Adult world 15 hr Word up 17
Utica Teachers that Cheat #10 Tue The real giovanni 25

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages