UFD, Codes, and City of Utica Pass th...

UFD, Codes, and City of Utica Pass the Buck on Whitesboro St. Fire

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Level 2

Since: Aug 08

New York, NY

#1 Apr 1, 2009
After reading todays OD about this fire I felt like vomiting after reading all that bullshit. This was a tragic fire where 4 mentally challenged people lost their life. This building was not inspected by the UFD or Codes and it was only a few blocks away from the Whitesboro St. Firehouse. There is no excuse for this negligence, this property should of been on top of the list for inspections, at least every 3 months. It bothers me that the people who were in charge dismiss this as an unfortunate tragedy. In my opinion it was negigence on the people in charge and responsible for the inspection and they should be brought up on charges and prosecuted.
incredible

Long Eddy, NY

#2 Apr 1, 2009
Most of the fire fighters in Utica are useless. The fire alarm in my building went off at 3 in the morning once and four (F-O-U-R) fire departments showed up. Some old lady burned a pot on the stove. There were at least 5 engines, two ambulences, some arson task force guys and they had the entire street blocked off.

All this for a burnt pot roast. And yet they can't even manage to save a few lives right down the street. Like you said: negligence.
Harvey

Syracuse, NY

#3 Apr 1, 2009
kamikazee, No amount of inspections can stop a mentally challanged person from setting the house on fire.

and to the second guy. im sorry the fire department responded to a high occupancy apartment building with the fire alarm going off at 3 in the morning with smoke in the building. ready to possibly extinguish a fire. seems kinda stupid doesnt it?(sense the sarcasm?)
Harvey

Syracuse, NY

#4 Apr 1, 2009
btw? who makes a pot roast at 3am? i think yer full of sh it
The Real Sam

New York, NY

#5 Apr 1, 2009
incredible wrote:
Most of the fire fighters in Utica are useless. The fire alarm in my building went off at 3 in the morning once and four (F-O-U-R) fire departments showed up. Some old lady burned a pot on the stove. There were at least 5 engines, two ambulences, some arson task force guys and they had the entire street blocked off.
All this for a burnt pot roast. And yet they can't even manage to save a few lives right down the street. Like you said: negligence.
Hey DipShit!! How did they know that it was just food on the stove? When an alarm comes in it could be cigarette smoke set it off, or the whole building on fire. You come prepared for the worst!

Level 2

New York, NY

#6 Apr 1, 2009
Harvey wrote:
kamikazee, No amount of inspections can stop a mentally challanged person from setting the house on fire.
and to the second guy. im sorry the fire department responded to a high occupancy apartment building with the fire alarm going off at 3 in the morning with smoke in the building. ready to possibly extinguish a fire. seems kinda stupid doesnt it?(sense the sarcasm?)
Your point has nothing of credit, the building should have been inspected regulary, the outcome may not have been different with the inspections but the inspections should have been in order regulary, they were negligent on their part. All Fire Departments and Codes will tell you, PREVENTION is your first defense against fire.
words of wisdom

Rome, NY

#7 Apr 1, 2009
KamakazeII wrote:
After reading todays OD about this fire I felt like vomiting after reading all that bullshit. This was a tragic fire where 4 mentally challenged people lost their life. This building was not inspected by the UFD or Codes and it was only a few blocks away from the Whitesboro St. Firehouse. There is no excuse for this negligence, this property should of been on top of the list for inspections, at least every 3 months. It bothers me that the people who were in charge dismiss this as an unfortunate tragedy. In my opinion it was negigence on the people in charge and responsible for the inspection and they should be brought up on charges and prosecuted.
at least the codes dept. fines people for having trash on their lawns.(and sidewalks not shoveled)
Doomed

New York, NY

#8 Apr 1, 2009
KamakazeII wrote:
The way I understand it, the people in the house that burned were developmentally disabled and there for Not very productive members of society, so "No Harm, No Foul".
wow

Utica, NY

#9 Apr 1, 2009
No harm, no foul? I wonder how your family would feel if you burned alive and someone said that? Unreal.

Level 2

New York, NY

#10 Apr 1, 2009
Doomed wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I understand it, the people in the house that burned were developmentally disabled and there for Not very productive members of society, so "No Harm, No Foul".
You must be related to Adolph Hitler, you are a pathetic degenerate nit wit.
Doomed

New York, NY

#11 Apr 1, 2009
KamakazeII wrote:
<quoted text>You must be related to Adolph Hitler, you are a pathetic degenerate nit wit.
Why?
What good were these people to society?

Level 2

New York, NY

#12 Apr 1, 2009
Doomed wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
They have feelings and rights just like you, people like you make me sick, you are a disgrace to the human race.
Kong

Oneida, NY

#13 Apr 1, 2009
Doomed wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
They were more useful than you. Special needs people are good people. You on the other hand must be a total toilet trout not human just a brown smelly log that normal people flush every day. Fk you A hole!!!!!!!!!!
Harvey

Syracuse, NY

#14 Apr 1, 2009
kamikaze... u also say that the property is right up the street from the firehouse... are you alluding to the fact that that company did not take enough action at that fire?
Harvey

Syracuse, NY

#15 Apr 1, 2009
i didnt mean to use the word fact... i asking if thats what u are getting at
burn baby burn

Oneida, NY

#16 Apr 1, 2009
Doomed wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully my apartment building will burn and four of my tenants will kick the bucket too.

Level 2

New York, NY

#17 Apr 2, 2009
Harvey wrote:
kamikaze... u also say that the property is right up the street from the firehouse... are you alluding to the fact that that company did not take enough action at that fire?
I am not saying that, I am saying they should of been familiar with any structure that close to their Engine house that housed, challenged people, invalids, or people on oxygen.
whhh

Syracuse, NY

#18 Apr 2, 2009
who said they werent?

Level 2

New York, NY

#19 Apr 2, 2009
whhh wrote:
who said they werent?
Well if they were aware of the residents at the house that house should of been inspected regulary which it was not, it should of had the highest priority when it came to inspections. In another city the people in charge of inspections would have been brought up on charges and dismissed. We have to remember 4 people lost their lives at that fire, Codes and the UFD must answer questions why that house was not inspected regularly.
WHAT REALLY

Elmira, NY

#20 Apr 2, 2009
Well pete they are but if the owner dosnt respont to the FD,s request for an inspection then it has to go trough the courts. And that takes time. BTW y do u hate the fd so much??? And y do u care??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 18 min FAKE POL 26
One Term Tenney 23 min Moochers delight 43
Name some girls in town who need to trim their ... 24 min Tired of having t... 1
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 25 min justice 902
Lady in the mall talks to herself 30 min all nonsense 2
what is the best cell phone to buy 34 min Big Ed 16
Twin Ponds shoot em up 40 min Sesame 8
Old School Bar, Culver Ave Utica NY (Jul '15) 1 hr Food man 11
Bar crawling in the 80's : the crawl (Nov '08) 1 hr all nonsense 236
I Destroyed Sports at New Hartford. (Jun '14) 8 hr Esq 61

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages