Washington School-City Street- when d...

Washington School-City Street- when did you attend

Posted in the Utica Forum

Meghan

Clinton, NY

#1 Mar 15, 2010
I began in Kindergarten in September of 1966. does anyone remember any ealrier years?
Mrs Danahee was my kindergarten teacher.
Wilma

Oneida, NY

#2 Mar 16, 2010
I was there in 1945 the principal at the time was Mr. Wartenger. he was gone by the time you got there.
Terrie

Clinton, NY

#3 Mar 22, 2010
Principal was Miss George, then Mrs Langlois in later years.
Sue

Glenfield, NY

#4 Jun 16, 2012
I attended kindergarten - 3rd grade there, 1956-1959. The principal was MIss Lyons, I think. My teachers included Mrs. Russ and Miss Henderson
mark

Syracuse, NY

#5 Jun 17, 2012
Meghan wrote:
I began in Kindergarten in September of 1966. does anyone remember any ealrier years?
Mrs Danahee was my kindergarten teacher.
i was in your kindergarten class-afternoons!
Karen

Marcellus, NY

#6 Jun 17, 2012
I too began kindergarten in 1966 - morning class.
mark

Fulton, NY

#7 Jun 18, 2012
Karen wrote:
I too began kindergarten in 1966 - morning class.
hi,karen!
Karen

Marcellus, NY

#8 Jun 30, 2012
Mark G.?
gary

United States

#9 Jan 7, 2013
I attended from 1949 thru 1955. I also remember Miss Lyons, Henderson, Maynard & Danahy. It was a great school. Wish I'd kept in touch with classmate.
Strikeslip

Utica, NY

#10 Jan 8, 2013
I attended '54 to '60 and remember Miss Lyons, Miss Maynard, Mrs. Russ, Miss Henderson, Miss Danahey (3rd grade who used to give bear hugs to the kids) Miss McGrath, Mrs. Borst, Miss Moyer, Mrs. Roche, Mr. Antonuk, Mr. Gilberti (gym), Mrs. Schuyler (art), and Miss McComber (music). Does anyone remember the air raid drills? Or the clanging steam pipes? What a great school with great people!
you must not forget

Sherburne, NY

#11 Jan 8, 2013
MRS. LEMMO!!!!!!!!!!
mark

Whitesboro, NY

#12 Jan 9, 2013
Karen wrote:
Mark G.?
yes!
Joanne

Sacramento, CA

#13 Apr 16, 2014
I attended from 58 to 64 and I also remember fondly all the teachers mentioned by Strikeslip. Miss Komer, the music teacher, passed away last year at the ago of 103! I also recall all her chalk flips at anyone singing off key. I also remember the air raid drills and the competition among the students to be on the safety patrol and wear that white shoulder belt so proudly. Great school and great memories.
fac

Red Hook, NY

#14 Apr 4, 2016
I started in 1962, Miss Danahy, morning Kindergarten, Ms. Albicker, Ms. Ahern, Mrs. Conklin, Ms. Ms. Moyer, Ms. Butler and Mr. Antonuk. Miss Lyons starting principal, and then Ms. Georges.Great neighborhood school!
former teacher

Utica, NY

#15 Apr 5, 2016
A great old school. Painful to see so many neighborhood schools demolished in order to cater to the minorities and special needs that need to be 'integrated.' After all of the waste of time and money in redistricting, busing, and recreating elementary schools into Magnet schools, the only result seen is that the poverty stricken and minorities fail no matter what building they are in and no matter how much money is pumped into propping them up. There is no substitute for a sound family life, parents that work and actually attempt to educate their kids on the basics and then some. Years after all the neighbor schools were history, multiple education studies showed that the best type of school and the only one to truly succeed in successfully educating its students is--you guessed it---the neighborhood school. The real joke is on the taxpayer who forked over all the money that was wasted by the district. If anyone had bothered to ask a teacher and really cared about education instead of politics they would have been told what the study found. Keep the kids in their own neighborhood and they will learn to the best of their ability in that school. The real losers here once again the innocent kids who have no say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does mega mark flagg have a girlfriend (Dec '15) 6 min Godie 13
Jason "The Rat" Schultz 12 min The rat 1
Biggest RAT in ufd 21 min Got your 6 29
Does anyone know a black kid Andrew, aka coconut? 27 min Never ever ever 3
Guys Expo at the Aud ? 29 min Never ever ever 3
Affair outside bennu in whitesboro 30 min The Truthiest 4
Samantha Cruikshank (May '11) 39 min freebie the bean 4
Sam wessing 4 hr Yeap another skin... 27
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 7 hr j3333rd 235
kristen drama queen copeland (Sep '14) 18 hr Uh huh 22