Sterling and the Clippers

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MEE

Chicago, IL

#1 May 15, 2014
The poor blacks. If it was a white comment, it would be OK. Sick of the racist BS
George

Chicago, IL

#4 May 15, 2014
Well said. Bravo
concerned homeowner wrote:
<quoted text>So is everyone else - the world "racist" has been overused and only applies to white on black remarks.
When a black kills/harms a white person, it gets buried and the media doesn't report it.
Racism will NEVER go away - not until the black race gives up their primate behavior and the white race has to support them on their Welfare benefits.
George The Jerkoff

Whitesboro, NY

#6 May 15, 2014
George wrote:
Well said. Bravo
<quoted text>
George the jerk off says bravo! Typical Ootican idiot.
George

Chicago, IL

#7 May 16, 2014
Eat my AZZ
George The Jerkoff wrote:
<quoted text>George the jerk off says bravo! Typical Ootican idiot.
George

Chicago, IL

#8 May 16, 2014
I hate blacks
richard

Herkimer, NY

#9 May 17, 2014
Looks like everyone is afraid to add to this post
George wrote:
Well said. Bravo
<quoted text>
Thinking

Needham Heights, MA

#10 May 17, 2014
Unfortunately everyone is concentrating on the race thing and not what is really happening here. This man was in his home talking on the phone and his so called girlfriend taped the conversation. Since when should US citizens be afraid to say what they want within the confines of their home. Talk about Big Brother! We have the right to free speech. Why do they think they have the right to make this man give up his team and pay a fine. I can only imagine what we would hear if someone were to leak a phone call between two black people talking about whites. Give me a break. They have no right to do anything to Sterling over what he said. Every white person should worry about this. Reverse discrimination mean anything?
Utica and riggies

Herkimer, NY

#11 May 17, 2014
Well said
Thinking wrote:
Unfortunately everyone is concentrating on the race thing and not what is really happening here. This man was in his home talking on the phone and his so called girlfriend taped the conversation. Since when should US citizens be afraid to say what they want within the confines of their home. Talk about Big Brother! We have the right to free speech. Why do they think they have the right to make this man give up his team and pay a fine. I can only imagine what we would hear if someone were to leak a phone call between two black people talking about whites. Give me a break. They have no right to do anything to Sterling over what he said. Every white person should worry about this. Reverse discrimination mean anything?

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#12 May 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Because the nba has the right to revoke an owners franchise if 75% of the owners want to. It's the rules when he bought the franchise. What's so hard to understand?
Thinking

Bradford, VT

#13 May 18, 2014
What's so hard to understand- the reason that the franchise is demanding it-that's the problem. If you can't UNDERSTAND that then you are stupid. Freedom of speech Utica Lies and Riggies. Freedom of speech. Especially since that right allows you to write what you want on topix.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#14 May 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
What's so hard to understand- the reason that the franchise is demanding it-that's the problem. If you can't UNDERSTAND that then you are stupid. Freedom of speech Utica Lies and Riggies. Freedom of speech. Especially since that right allows you to write what you want on topix.
When he purchased a franchise in the nba he signed an agreement. In that agreement there is a rule that 75% of the other team owners can vote you out at anytime. What makes it this difficult for you to understand?

Let's dumb it down for you a bit. When I worked at steet Toyota carbone came up with the bright idea of trying to sell new toyotas out of their honda dealership there. Not only did Honda come down on carbone for doing that but toyota did as well. They had to pay a fine to Honda for displaying new toyotas on their honda lot and their pecker was slapped in Bennington via allocation. Why would this happen? I mean they have the freedom to sell what they want correct? They have the "freedom of speech". No they don't. They signed franchise agreements which is nothing different than sterling signed. The agreement clearly states he can be forced to sell at anytime with the proper vote. I couldn't care less if he's voted out because they think he's ugly...an agreement is an agreement.
Thinking

Bradford, VT

#15 May 18, 2014
I understand the franchise thing that they could vote him out. But unless there are some guidelines an owner could be voted out for what ever whim the franchise feels is important. He spoke this words in private within his home--yes on the telephone - but it should not be lawfully acceptable to publish a tape recording which the person was not told that the conversation was being recorded . That's my gripe. Surely you can understand this.
Thinking

Bradford, VT

#16 May 18, 2014
And I think your freedom of speech comparison to selling a Toyota on a Honda lot is way off. Those are specific franchises exclusively for selling specific brands. Totally different issue.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#17 May 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
And I think your freedom of speech comparison to selling a Toyota on a Honda lot is way off. Those are specific franchises exclusively for selling specific brands. Totally different issue.
Well according to reports he did know he was recorded but that really doesn't matter. What he did acknowledge publicly is he admitted that was him speaking. If I were a fellow franchise owner I certainly wouldn't want that in the league hurting my business via attendance or advertising dollars. Have you taken the time to look at the makeup demographically of the nba and it's fans? To say this is unwarranted or some witch hunt is absolutely as ridiculous as the statements he made. He tarnished the league image and I'm glad the rest of the owners are taking a stand. A stand they have legal and contractual means to take.
Thinking

Bradford, VT

#18 May 18, 2014
Again let me say Free Speech. I personally do not like what he said but I will defend his right to say anything he wants just as you have the right to counter what I say. I'm sick of the race card being played all the time Blacks talk about whites just as bad but of course there is a double standard for that. They can say whatever they want because they were subjected to slavery hundreds of years ago and we must forever be indebted for that. But in the United States every nationality that entered our shores was subjected to some type of prejudice. Lets not even mention what was done to the native Americans. Do you understand what I'm trying to put forward? If not I'm sorry that you only see one side and not what this total fiasco represents.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#19 May 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Again let me say Free Speech. I personally do not like what he said but I will defend his right to say anything he wants just as you have the right to counter what I say. I'm sick of the race card being played all the time Blacks talk about whites just as bad but of course there is a double standard for that. They can say whatever they want because they were subjected to slavery hundreds of years ago and we must forever be indebted for that. But in the United States every nationality that entered our shores was subjected to some type of prejudice. Lets not even mention what was done to the native Americans. Do you understand what I'm trying to put forward? If not I'm sorry that you only see one side and not what this total fiasco represents.
No one says he doesn't have the freedom of speech. He most certainly does but with owning an nba franchise he signed a contract that allows that if the other owners don't like what he says, does, or for whatever other reason he can be forced to leave. No one forced him to buy the nba franchise. He can continue to say whatever he wants, just not while an owning an nba franchise.
Thinking

Bradford, VT

#20 May 18, 2014
An old man trying to hold on to his sweet young thing is totally intimidated by the males of her race. Of course he would tell her to stay away from them. If she were just italian he would say don't bring the dagos to the games. Get it now?his ownership of the team has given those players both black and white the lifestyles they are so used to. Enough said.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#21 May 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
An old man trying to hold on to his sweet young thing is totally intimidated by the males of her race. Of course he would tell her to stay away from them. If she were just italian he would say don't bring the dagos to the games. Get it now?his ownership of the team has given those players both black and white the lifestyles they are so used to. Enough said.
Wow. You truly are stupid aren't you? You just don't get it. The rest of the nba owners don't want him in the league. That's the agreement he signed. I don't really care what he said. It doesn't matter. They voted him out so he's out. All the lawyers will need to do is waive the contract and it's over.
Thinking

Bradford, VT

#22 May 18, 2014
Well , I'll say what you want me to-yeah, I'm stupid because I don't agree with your bullshit. Now are you happy? That's the only way to handle people like yourself who think they are right About everything . To bad you don't realize how wrong you are. Have a good night and never change-all the assholes of the world are counting on you.
Utica would welcome them

United States

#23 May 18, 2014
Sounds like the racists are justifying again. They'd love him in Utica maybe he wouldn't need state welfare loans to get a team in there on his OWN dime!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nano Collapse Concerning 7 min Amusing 37
IBM to Halt NY Expansion 7 min Another Utica FAIL 34
EVERYWHERE you look Utica has SERIOUS problems 8 min Snd then some more 98
Guess who didnt graduate from ND 15 min More Tazz Gibberish 61
Carbone 15 min Blast from the Past 17
You Ever Think They Had Segregation For a Reason? 18 min A Cracker 28
Proctor graduation 24 min Hey 37
Esche thread deleted...too hot to handle? 1 hr Zora Zora Zora 81
rob esche getting divorced 2 hr Typical Esche Move 40
Tony's Washington Mills 6 hr Officer hottie 9