Franks Gun Shop
Mark S Mann

Utica, NY

#1 Feb 17, 2013
Has anyone dealt with this business in Marcy? What can you say about them?
Gman

Syracuse, NY

#2 Feb 17, 2013
its one guy hes great shop is out of hise house but please dont go there and just waste his time be ready to spend some cash windo shoppers can go to dicks or gander mountain
Molon Labe

Oneida, NY

#3 Feb 17, 2013
I've purchased there. Had what I needed. Wanted more ammuntion but was scarce. Two others very worth of the trip....

Franks Shooting supply in Canastota, NY
I go there regularly.

Tim's guns Elbridge NY
Purchased some real nice ones at great prices.

You can see what each of these places have for sale on gunbroker dot com.
bam bam

Unadilla, NY

#4 Feb 18, 2013
Gman wrote:
its one guy hes great shop is out of hise house but please dont go there and just waste his time be ready to spend some cash windo shoppers can go to dicks or gander mountain
what if he has nothing i want?
Bbbbang

Cheshire, CT

#5 Feb 18, 2013
bam bam wrote:
<quoted text> what if he has nothing i want?
Bought two guns from him, nice guy, fare prices
If you know what you want, call him and ask if he has it
bam bam

Unadilla, NY

#6 Feb 18, 2013
Bbbbang wrote:
<quoted text>
Bought two guns from him, nice guy, fare prices
If you know what you want, call him and ask if he has it
Maybe I dont know what I want. Like the 870 I got last week. I didnt want it till I tried it on. I'm think I'm gonna go ask a bunch of questions then compare shop.
bam bam

Unadilla, NY

#7 Feb 18, 2013
Just cause I don't like shopkeeps that think you HAVE to buy something because you walk in. Right gman.
Mark S Mann

Utica, NY

#8 Feb 18, 2013
Gman wrote:
Thanks for the straight sht.
Gman

Syracuse, NY

#9 Feb 18, 2013
no you dont have to buy anything but theres nothing worse than a tire kicker with saw dust in there pockets just takeing up room in there because he doesnt want to be home so like i said if you just want to to window shop go to gander or dicks or know what you want and call and ask if he has it
bam bam

East Pharsalia, NY

#11 Feb 19, 2013
Gman wrote:
no you dont have to buy anything but theres nothing worse than a tire kicker with saw dust in there pockets just takeing up room in there because he doesnt want to be home so like i said if you just want to to window shop go to gander or dicks or know what you want and call and ask if he has it
will he give me his whole inventory over the phone? maybe he should get a website.

Level 3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#12 Feb 19, 2013
bam bam wrote:
<quoted text>will he give me his whole inventory over the phone? maybe he should get a website.
If you are more akin to shopping at Walmart then Frank's is not the place for you. I suppose he may give his inventory over the phone but it would be best to have some idea of what you want. The last time I was there he had a good sized selection. If you are not looking for something specific then you should at least give him an idea of what you are looking for. If you just go and tire kick he will not kick you out but you should keep in mind that it is just him. He is not an hourly employee like the guys are Gander. If you know what you want right away you may get a better price for it. I will say that he is a very nice man. He answered all of my questions and helped my friend and I make the right decisions. We were 21 year old men who thought we knew everything a about guns. He took the time to wade through out eagerness and fitted us with what we needed. That was 13 years ago and I would definitely go back again. As far as him having a website he doesn't need to nor should he. If you sold guns out of your home would you post your inventory on the web for all the world to see? I would suggest you shop around and then call Frank and see if he can do a better price on what you have decided on. He can get anything for you from a manufacturer. Any firearm dealer can. It is a very widespread network.
bam bam

East Pharsalia, NY

#13 Feb 19, 2013
I see dum people wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are more akin to shopping at Walmart then Frank's is not the place for you. I suppose he may give his inventory over the phone but it would be best to have some idea of what you want. The last time I was there he had a good sized selection. If you are not looking for something specific then you should at least give him an idea of what you are looking for. If you just go and tire kick he will not kick you out but you should keep in mind that it is just him. He is not an hourly employee like the guys are Gander. If you know what you want right away you may get a better price for it. I will say that he is a very nice man. He answered all of my questions and helped my friend and I make the right decisions. We were 21 year old men who thought we knew everything a about guns. He took the time to wade through out eagerness and fitted us with what we needed. That was 13 years ago and I would definitely go back again. As far as him having a website he doesn't need to nor should he. If you sold guns out of your home would you post your inventory on the web for all the world to see? I would suggest you shop around and then call Frank and see if he can do a better price on what you have decided on. He can get anything for you from a manufacturer. Any firearm dealer can. It is a very widespread network.
no I'm gonna go. And I'm gonna make him how me everything then I'm gonna make him do my backround check. Then I'm gonna say I left my wallet at home. HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA! Then I'm gonna see if I'm on topix.
heystoopid

Utica, NY

#14 Feb 20, 2013
bam bam......you are a toolbox
bam bam

East Pharsalia, NY

#15 Feb 20, 2013
heystoopid wrote:
bam bam......you are a toolbox
thats it? no get off welfare, or something about food stamps, or get a job, just tool box? are you okay.
buffalob

Syracuse, NY

#16 Feb 28, 2013
been dealing with frank since he was in onieda bike shop.....great guy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
was trooper justified shooting unarmed escapee 1 hr tony panebianco 22
Utica man beaten during robbery (Dec '08) 3 hr only god can judge 125
abandoned theme park in oriskany? (Apr '11) 5 hr Drew 15
Babci Bistro (Sep '13) 9 hr Tram land 15
Drug and alcohol treatment 9 hr For your assistance 3
lapolla thinks a mayor run 15 hr wasted vote 56
Getting a job while pregnant?? 15 hr Nikki S 2
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE