of 4
Next Last

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#62 Oct 31, 2011
Count Herfitter wrote:
<quoted text>
Know how that works? Druggee has his girlfriend, Ho, or Baby Momma apply for the welfare and makes sure she stays clean and he sqanders that. Or they stay off long enough to get a clean result, then go back on.
If I have to pee test or give hair sample to get and keep my job, then they have to do the same to get my tax money.
And the "brilliant" new governor was unaware?

“Upscale Trailer Trash”

Level 4

Since: Jan 09

Sauquoit

#63 Oct 31, 2011
There are more and more employers demanding pre-employment drug testing, and random testing as well, so I really don't see any problem at all with drug testing folks accpeting public assistance. It is stupid to make them pay for it though, since if they need assistance they aren't going to have the bucks to shell out for a pee test...

Welfare is supposed to be a safety net, not a career choice. One simple easy soulution to the problem is putting a mandatory 2 year lifetime limit of benefits on a person. Helping a person when life hiccups on them is a humane and important role of governemnt. Providing someone with a lifetime of income, housing and food is not a role the government should play.
Mrs Smith

Baldwinsville, NY

#64 Nov 1, 2011
Moofie wrote:
There are more and more employers demanding pre-employment drug testing, and random testing as well, so I really don't see any problem at all with drug testing folks accpeting public assistance. It is stupid to make them pay for it though, since if they need assistance they aren't going to have the bucks to shell out for a pee test...
Welfare is supposed to be a safety net, not a career choice. One simple easy soulution to the problem is putting a mandatory 2 year lifetime limit of benefits on a person. Helping a person when life hiccups on them is a humane and important role of governemnt. Providing someone with a lifetime of income, housing and food is not a role the government should play.
Amen to that! Now if we can get these morons in government office to do something about this...
Art

Utica, NY

#65 Nov 1, 2011
ConspiracyTheory wrote:
Well I can't speak for nrafan, but speaking for myself, there is a big difference between poor and unable to take care of yourself. I have a job but I am poor, but I am not on any assistance.
Getting welfare means that you are unable to take care of yourself and family without help. You need someone else to help support you. If one day if I find myself unable to support myself, then I understand I would not just get to do whatever I wanted because someone else could help me pay my way. Though I want children, I am not having them unless I know I can support them...if I had a child and then needed assistance....I would not choose to have more kids I could not take care of by myself.
So liberal conservative....whatever...it is just common sense if you can't support yourself, then why would you have all the things someone who could support themselves have? If I can't afford food, then how could I afford alcohol?
It's not unusual for people to forgo food for alcohol, drugs and cigarettes. I am not opposed to helping anyone, especially those with children, but 'welfare' is supposed to be a safety net, not a way of life! There were supposed to have been limits placed on you eligibility, I thought it was 5 yrs over your lifetime, but there are so many exceptions. I agree that there needs to be a massive public works initiative to just get a lot of these people used to getting up and doing something productive every day!
Bill Pettit

United States

#66 Nov 1, 2011
I personally hope they don't test them, because practically speaking, if they don't get their money and other perks, they're going to out doing some very anti-social things. I don't think the police would be able to deal with the huge upsurge in crime, although they do an excellent job of keeping Utica safe for everyone. Bill
Gary

Utica, NY

#67 Nov 1, 2011
Art wrote:
<quoted text> I agree that there needs to be a massive public works initiative to just get a lot of these people used to getting up and doing something productive every day!
Hey go easy on our hero law enforcers it's not easy being alcoholic unloved and still have to show a living!! If they weren't costing billions on the dole and locking up huge parts of the population then who would?

“Upscale Trailer Trash”

Level 4

Since: Jan 09

Sauquoit

#68 Nov 2, 2011
Bill Pettit wrote:
I personally hope they don't test them, because practically speaking, if they don't get their money and other perks, they're going to out doing some very anti-social things. I don't think the police would be able to deal with the huge upsurge in crime, although they do an excellent job of keeping Utica safe for everyone. Bill
Well, that will sure enough bring prisons back to the area then...

“Getting To The Meat Of It”

Level 8

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#69 Nov 2, 2011
Let's start a test program in Oneida County..
local guy

Tully, NY

#70 Nov 3, 2011
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>The point is, More of "Your Tax Dollars" are being wasted to try and catch an insignificant percentage of people using. "Your Tax Dollars"
c'mon bod don't you know-the more you spend the more you save-the perfect situation for a nation of hypocrits.
local guy

Tully, NY

#71 Nov 3, 2011
nrafan wrote:
<quoted text>
2% too many! You are a very hostile person. "Ease the pain of being poor." Typical liberal statement, are you a politican that likes to keep the poor dependant on you, or are you one of the leeches that makes sure they get elected every year?
I would bet that 99% of people that are "poor" would find themselves in a better way if they:
1. used birth control
2. had an education
3. stopped bad habits like drinking, smoking, abusing drugs
no sh&t-good luck with that.
local guy

Tully, NY

#72 Nov 3, 2011
KY WELLER wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe sterilization would work then...
a means test made up by pudgy white middle aged dope smokers like me. those that don't pass we can send to the showers (xyclon B?). we really can create a master race of identical perfect people-then we can rule the world!

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#73 Nov 5, 2011
local guy wrote:
<quoted text>
a means test made up by pudgy white middle aged dope smokers like me. those that don't pass we can send to the showers (xyclon B?). we really can create a master race of identical perfect people-then we can rule the world!
Smoke another one!!!
Terminator

Baldwinsville, NY

#74 Nov 6, 2011
Bill Pettit wrote:
What, like get a job?

Level 7

Location hidden

#75 Nov 6, 2011
Terminator wrote:
<quoted text>
What, like get a job?
Do you remember when Bill Clinton "fixed welfare" ? Guess what we ended up with? A system that created multiple levels of "catch 22". If you are receiving Aid for Food, Rent, Health Care, Child Care, or Heat. ANY change in your income jeopardizes your eligibility for those programs, Even though what you would earn at a minimum wage job will not afford you those things
the republican

Utica, NY

#76 Nov 6, 2011
This is the dumbest policy proposal I ever read. Talk about unfairly targeting a group or class of people with non-productive policy initiatives.

The best way to rid people off public support is to provide opportunities like apprenticeship programs which provide a skill that will one day enhance ones quality of life.
get real

Fairport, NY

#77 Nov 6, 2011
hahaobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Seniors on Medicare, for the most part, paid into the system, so no, don't test them. By the way, unlike those on Medicaid, seniors on Medicare pay a 20% co-pay for out-patient services, unless they have a supplemental insurance, which most can't afford. Medicaid patients pay no co-pay.
I think that those on welfare should be drug tested. Don't worry, they know how to beat the test. I know someone who smokes pot, had to take a drug test for a new job, didn't smoke for 24 hrs, and passed the test.
You can argue all you want about the supposed insignificant amount of MY tax dollars actually go to welfare. I don't care if it is only one penny of every thousand dollars I am taxed. It is still MY money, that I WORKED for, going to those that choose not to.
do you really beleive anyone would prefer welfare to a job?do you think others would rather sit around with nothing for a couple of dollars for rent and food so not to work.politco's use these people as a escape goat to raise our taxs.the real prob is their 6 fig pay kick backs on contracts and $100 for atoilet seat. and all the other coruption, keep thinking it's welfare recep't. they've got you bamboozled my friend,oh and don't forget the medicaid recp't.not the corpt.welfare. or the tax breaks they get to move our jobs to asia N mexico.
Pam

Utica, NY

#78 Nov 6, 2011
It's amazing. Just as there are people who can't find "Iowa" on a map and don't know Hawaii is an island in the Pacific there are still utica retards who don't understand the basic premise of the constitution. Yay pro wrestling guys!

“Getting To The Meat Of It”

Level 8

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#79 Nov 6, 2011
get real wrote:
<quoted text>do you really beleive anyone would prefer welfare to a job?do you think others would rather sit around with nothing for a couple of dollars for rent and food so not to work.politco's use these people as a escape goat to raise our taxs.the real prob is their 6 fig pay kick backs on contracts and $100 for atoilet seat. and all the other coruption, keep thinking it's welfare recep't. they've got you bamboozled my friend,oh and don't forget the medicaid recp't.not the corpt.welfare. or the tax breaks they get to move our jobs to asia N mexico.
No I don't think people prefer welfare to work. But I do agree they prefer welfare and working off the books, to a job. Or welfare, and babies daddy working, to a job.
the republican

Utica, NY

#80 Nov 7, 2011
Mr Meat Head wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't think people prefer welfare to work. But I do agree they prefer welfare and working off the books, to a job. Or welfare, and babies daddy working, to a job.
Read what you wrote and try to articulate your position again. People prefer a good paying job over poverty in every circle. The biggest problem in America is most people are taught to get a job and work hard to get ahead. Few think for themselves and become job creators. That's why immigrants come to the country and do well with their do for yourself mentality. Yes, Americans are getting soft and its partially because our baby boom parents thought the game was over instead of passing a lit torch.

Level 7

Location hidden

#81 Nov 8, 2011
the republican wrote:
<quoted text>Read what you wrote and try to articulate your position again. People prefer a good paying job over poverty in every circle. The biggest problem in America is most people are taught to get a job and work hard to get ahead. Few think for themselves and become job creators. That's why immigrants come to the country and do well with their do for yourself mentality. Yes, Americans are getting soft and its partially because our baby boom parents thought the game was over instead of passing a lit torch.
I promise you none of my friends are "soft". They work, they have little or no chance of Retiring Comfortably,(those who have not lost their jobs). The problem is not the lack of a passed torch, it's that it wasn't a torch at all, It was a flaming pile of crap disguised as "American Exceptional ism" Reagan's policies set this country on this path of destruction for the middle class. Clinton put it on Steroids with NAFTA, and King George II hammered the nail in the coffin.

But as in any good Zombie story, those previously thought Dead, are rising up and saying ENOUGH!

Go Occupy Something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nicest train station in the world 3 min Moving On Up In U... 3
Sen. Schumer seeks drug designation for Oneida ... 4 min Moving On Up In U... 40
Police: Utica parolee poses as police officer, ... 5 min Reality For Utica 3
New Hartford's Quiet Teenage Heroin Problem 6 min Reality For Utica 10
New York!!!! Why did "Utica Nano" fail? 10 min Reality For Utica 4
Abel: Drunk DWI UPD cop promoted! 10 min Reality For Utica 2
Is the Yahnundasis a good place? (Feb '11) 12 min Reality For Utica 79
Old School Bar and Grill Set to Open in East Utica 18 min Reality For Utica 8
State of the County speech 40 min cccny 11
The Nun is leaving 3 hr Jeezus 9
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:23 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:23PM
How Should Giants Fill Their Biggest Holes?
NFL 4:44 AM
Report: Johnson urging GM to bring Revis back to Jets
Bleacher Report 6:56 AM
Maxwell, McCourty Headline Jets' Free-Agent Big Board
Yahoo! Sports 1:14 PM
Weatherford, Rice to donate brains for medical research
Bleacher Report 1:21 PM
Jets, Raiders and Patriots Among Top Landing Spots for Free Agent Darrelle Revis
CBS Sports 5:54 PM
LeSean McCoy to the Bills
CBS Sports 5:56 PM
We grade the trade: LeSean McCoy to Bills, Kiko Alonso to Eagles
Bleacher Report 6:18 PM
Bills Commit Robbery with McCoy Deal
ESPN 6:19 PM
PFF: Eagles win McCoy-Alonso trade
Bleacher Report 7:10 PM
LeSean McCoy Reportedly Unhappy About Being Traded to Bills