of 4
Next Last

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1 Aug 26, 2011
Well The Numbers are In.

Well Done Rick Scott!!!!

2% of Drug Tested Welfare Recipients in Florida have tested Positive.

That means 98% of those Tested have to be reimbursed for the cost of the tests.

So now what?

Do they Drug Test Seniors on Medicare?

Disabled People on SSI?

Home Owners who take Mortgage Interest deduction on their Taxes?

Maybe we should Elect more Radical Right Wing Republicans.
Gary

Utica, NY

#2 Aug 26, 2011
They should have know this was just a feel good move to passify the people who live to hate. The cop drug thet rates are actually worse than that at 4%!
hahaobama

Syracuse, NY

#3 Aug 26, 2011
Bodhisatva wrote:
Well The Numbers are In.
Well Done Rick Scott!!!!
2% of Drug Tested Welfare Recipients in Florida have tested Positive.
That means 98% of those Tested have to be reimbursed for the cost of the tests.
So now what?
Do they Drug Test Seniors on Medicare?
Disabled People on SSI?
Home Owners who take Mortgage Interest deduction on their Taxes?
Maybe we should Elect more Radical Right Wing Republicans.
Seniors on Medicare, for the most part, paid into the system, so no, don't test them. By the way, unlike those on Medicaid, seniors on Medicare pay a 20% co-pay for out-patient services, unless they have a supplemental insurance, which most can't afford. Medicaid patients pay no co-pay.
I think that those on welfare should be drug tested. Don't worry, they know how to beat the test. I know someone who smokes pot, had to take a drug test for a new job, didn't smoke for 24 hrs, and passed the test.
You can argue all you want about the supposed insignificant amount of MY tax dollars actually go to welfare. I don't care if it is only one penny of every thousand dollars I am taxed. It is still MY money, that I WORKED for, going to those that choose not to.

Level 7

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#4 Aug 26, 2011
Another idioitc idea, designed to hassle people who really don't need to be hassled. Either that, or just another crass political ploy by douchebags playing on peoples hatred and prejudices.

And by the way, it isn't too hard to beat a drug test when you know (or choose) when it's going to happen. Brilliant f.cking idea that governor had.

Level 7

Location hidden

#5 Aug 26, 2011
hahaobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Seniors on Medicare, for the most part, paid into the system, so no, don't test them. By the way, unlike those on Medicaid, seniors on Medicare pay a 20% co-pay for out-patient services, unless they have a supplemental insurance, which most can't afford. Medicaid patients pay no co-pay.
I think that those on welfare should be drug tested. Don't worry, they know how to beat the test. I know someone who smokes pot, had to take a drug test for a new job, didn't smoke for 24 hrs, and passed the test.
You can argue all you want about the supposed insignificant amount of MY tax dollars actually go to welfare. I don't care if it is only one penny of every thousand dollars I am taxed. It is still MY money, that I WORKED for, going to those that choose not to.
The point is, More of "Your Tax Dollars" are being wasted to try and catch an insignificant percentage of people using. "Your Tax Dollars"
Gary

Utica, NY

#6 Aug 26, 2011
hahaobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not your money its called tax anyway. I think they should test everybody.
MAJAMBO

Rome, NY

#7 Aug 26, 2011
Stop drug testing, end welfare and every other hand out and watch them starve to death. They watch there own children starve to death back homie, we should be able to watch them starve.
Call the aspca

Utica, NY

#8 Aug 26, 2011
MAJAMBO wrote:
Stop drug testing, end welfare and every other hand out and watch them starve to death. They watch there own children starve to death back homie, we should be able to watch them starve.
That wont happen. What other stupid shxt do you fantasize about animal? Get a better job o wait get a job!!
MAJAMBO

Rome, NY

#10 Aug 27, 2011
Call the aspca wrote:
<quoted text>That wont happen. What other stupid shxt do you fantasize about animal? Get a better job o wait get a job!!
Why? did yo mom get lose. You being a loser, not a good idea to tell people to gets dat job when yo a retard.

Come cuz, yo tell us all wats yo do for a job?

Robbery.

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

Rome, NY

#11 Aug 27, 2011
First if the govt legalized pot , it would have a huge revenue stream.

drug testing.....i know this is touchy. put if tax dollars pay salaries of any employees govt, state. county, etc should be test also.

everyone is all in arms about about wefare drug testing. If you get paid by tax payers you are not excluded from testing period.

you a taxpayer rather save 20k (wefare)a year from testing
or say 75k(some over paid idiot) a year from testing.

fair is fair....

Level 7

Location hidden

#12 Aug 28, 2011
Bazil5 wrote:
First if the govt legalized pot , it would have a huge revenue stream.
drug testing.....i know this is touchy. put if tax dollars pay salaries of any employees govt, state. county, etc should be test also.
everyone is all in arms about about wefare drug testing. If you get paid by tax payers you are not excluded from testing period.
you a taxpayer rather save 20k (wefare)a year from testing
or say 75k(some over paid idiot) a year from testing.
fair is fair....
Who decides where the lines are drawn? What IS Welfare? Don't we ALL benefit from SOME Government Spending? Based on this reasoning, Shouldn't EVERYONE who Benefits from Government Spending be Drug Tested? Here's a short list.

Every Doctor who receives payments from Medicare.
Every Corporate CEO who's company receives Tax Breaks.
Every Homeowner who deducts their Mortgage Interest from their Taxable income.
Every Employee of Any Company that receives a Government Contract.

Oh the Hell with it, I Say We All Line up on a Weekly Basis, And get Drug Tested.(and we should include Alcohol too)

At least the Republicans, Libertarians, and Anarchists will all finally get their way. No more Need for Government.(the Majority of the population will likely test positive for something) Especially the Politicians.
hahaobama

Syracuse, NY

#13 Aug 28, 2011
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>Who decides where the lines are drawn? What IS Welfare? Don't we ALL benefit from SOME Government Spending? Based on this reasoning, Shouldn't EVERYONE who Benefits from Government Spending be Drug Tested? Here's a short list.
Every Doctor who receives payments from Medicare.
Every Corporate CEO who's company receives Tax Breaks.
Every Homeowner who deducts their Mortgage Interest from their Taxable income.
Every Employee of Any Company that receives a Government Contract.
Oh the Hell with it, I Say We All Line up on a Weekly Basis, And get Drug Tested.(and we should include Alcohol too)
At least the Republicans, Libertarians, and Anarchists will all finally get their way. No more Need for Government.(the Majority of the population will likely test positive for something) Especially the Politicians.
I really don't care if someone who WORKS for a living chooses to spend their hard earned money on drugs. I do object to PAYING people to stay home and do nothing, while I supply their drug money. If they can afford drugs, they can afford to pay for rent, groceries, utility bills. etc.

Level 7

Location hidden

#14 Aug 28, 2011
hahaobama wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care if someone who WORKS for a living chooses to spend their hard earned money on drugs. I do object to PAYING people to stay home and do nothing, while I supply their drug money. If they can afford drugs, they can afford to pay for rent, groceries, utility bills. etc.
Can you read? Look back at the original Post! TWO PERCENT!!!!!!!! Of Welfare Recipients Tested Positive. NO ONE can be stupid enough to believe these Pompous Ass Hats, who piss and moan about wanting SMALLER GOVERNMENT and then create HUGE Government Programs to Catch TWO PERCENT of welfare recipients, doing something to ease the pain of being POOR!

This, coming from RICK F-ING SCOTT. Who defrauded the Medicare System for BILLIONS.
My GOD Republican Voters are so STUPID!
nrafan

Syracuse, NY

#15 Aug 28, 2011
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>Can you read? Look back at the original Post! TWO PERCENT!!!!!!!! Of Welfare Recipients Tested Positive. NO ONE can be stupid enough to believe these Pompous Ass Hats, who piss and moan about wanting SMALLER GOVERNMENT and then create HUGE Government Programs to Catch TWO PERCENT of welfare recipients, doing something to ease the pain of being POOR!
This, coming from RICK F-ING SCOTT. Who defrauded the Medicare System for BILLIONS.
My GOD Republican Voters are so STUPID!
2% too many! You are a very hostile person. "Ease the pain of being poor." Typical liberal statement, are you a politican that likes to keep the poor dependant on you, or are you one of the leeches that makes sure they get elected every year?
I would bet that 99% of people that are "poor" would find themselves in a better way if they:

1. used birth control
2. had an education
3. stopped bad habits like drinking, smoking, abusing drugs
ConspiracyTheory

Canastota, NY

#16 Aug 28, 2011
1. The only people getting tested are those appling specifically for floridas "temporary assistance for needy families" a welfare program that less then 91,000 people in the whole state receive. It does not include those getting other types of assistance like foodstamps etc.

2. Only 2.5% have tested positive that have not appealed the results. Those appealing results are currently not considered true postitives.

3. Anyone can easily obtain synthetic urine from any smoke shop and other products that make it easy to falsely pass a drug test. I believe it would be more prudent to have witnessed urine drug tests like they do for certain cases like child custody.

Perhaps it would be best if welfare worked like it orginally did when it was first implimented after the Great Depression. The government would help you with money but you had to report to the government building 5 days a week at 8am where they would assign you a job like picking up garbage, filing paperwork, babysitting for other working families etc. And the government wanted to make sure you had food, so you received government cheese, peanut butter, bread, milk, flour etc...the basics. It was good enough for the military so it was good enough for the poor. It is hard to comprehend that starving families need to beable to buy soda, chips, candy and slim jims. Perhaps if the welfare system worked like that, then drug testing would not be needed.
Dayv

Utica, NY

#17 Aug 29, 2011
There are still more cops and public workers using than welfare recipients. How funny!
ConspiracyTheory

Canastota, NY

#18 Aug 29, 2011
Dayv wrote:
There are still more cops and public workers using than welfare recipients. How funny!
To be honest I do not care who uses if they can support there own habits. The point is, how do you ask for money from government and tax payers and say you are incapable of feeding and housing yourself.......yet you can still purchase drugs?

Level 7

Location hidden

#19 Aug 29, 2011
nrafan wrote:
<quoted text>
2% too many! You are a very hostile person. "Ease the pain of being poor." Typical liberal statement, are you a politican that likes to keep the poor dependant on you, or are you one of the leeches that makes sure they get elected every year?
I would bet that 99% of people that are "poor" would find themselves in a better way if they:
1. used birth control
2. had an education
3. stopped bad habits like drinking, smoking, abusing drugs
I'm Hostile? And you are Saying 99% of Poor people are Uneducated, shouldn't be allowed to have children and Smoke, Drink and Abuse Drugs.

Leeches? Typical Ayn Randian Drone.
Maybe YOU should have gotten an Education.
ConspiracyTheory

Canastota, NY

#20 Aug 29, 2011
Well I can't speak for nrafan, but speaking for myself, there is a big difference between poor and unable to take care of yourself. I have a job but I am poor, but I am not on any assistance.

Getting welfare means that you are unable to take care of yourself and family without help. You need someone else to help support you. If one day if I find myself unable to support myself, then I understand I would not just get to do whatever I wanted because someone else could help me pay my way. Though I want children, I am not having them unless I know I can support them...if I had a child and then needed assistance....I would not choose to have more kids I could not take care of by myself.
So liberal conservative....whatever...it is just common sense if you can't support yourself, then why would you have all the things someone who could support themselves have? If I can't afford food, then how could I afford alcohol?

Level 7

Location hidden

#21 Aug 29, 2011
ConspiracyTheory wrote:
Well I can't speak for nrafan, but speaking for myself, there is a big difference between poor and unable to take care of yourself. I have a job but I am poor, but I am not on any assistance.
Getting welfare means that you are unable to take care of yourself and family without help. You need someone else to help support you. If one day if I find myself unable to support myself, then I understand I would not just get to do whatever I wanted because someone else could help me pay my way. Though I want children, I am not having them unless I know I can support them...if I had a child and then needed assistance....I would not choose to have more kids I could not take care of by myself.
So liberal conservative....whatever...it is just common sense if you can't support yourself, then why would you have all the things someone who could support themselves have? If I can't afford food, then how could I afford alcohol?
So, as I so often find myself doing on here, What do we do? Now that the Number of People who are just like You, Working but still poor. Nothing? Throw our hands up and say "sorry if you are working, but still poor you must choose to be that way" Or do we except responsibility for allowing our Society to go so far down this road? When the Economic inequality in a Society reaches this point, several things happen. Increased levels of ALL social ills, Drug addiction, Mental illness, Violent Crime, Teen Pregnancy,etc.

The 3 Countries with the widest gap between the Wealthy and the Poor, are The United States, Great Britain, and Singapore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
post AFRICAN BABY RA PE PICS ON TWITTER (Jul '14) 2 min Hey Troll TAZZ 22
eat MORE JOWLS AND JOIN TOP OBESE APE RACE 3 min SCRAPE A CORN 1
be a ]\[lGGER GET A GOLD TOOTH AND STEAL 3 min Hey Troll TAZZ 2
Elaine bonanza 3 min Isshe 23
brewery PICs AND LAWSUIT UNDER FEM PILLOW COMIN... 4 min SCRAPE A CORN 4
Thug Arrested for Burning a Puppy Alive GUESS WHO 5 min Josef Mengele Sul... 16
min WAGE AKA FAILURE BLAMES FREE SPELL CHECK L... 5 min SCRAPE A CORN 10
NFL/NBA Players vs Trump 1 hr There we are 37
nh football coach 6 hr Sparty 6

Utica Jobs