Next Last
CreamPie

Lawrence, MA

#1 Nov 3, 2013
Who seriously can disagree?
Been watching

Vernon Center, NY

#2 Nov 3, 2013
Everyone knows it's a dump. Simple bitching won't fix it.

The question is what can be done to correct it? Begin by voting out the greedy and self serving political infrastructure we have now. Every one of them has to go.
Buzzer

Utica, NY

#3 Nov 3, 2013
Bitching won't fix it, but it'll help others that look at the area to not make the mistake of moving here! I wish I had that warning about the area, and now I kind of stuck here!
CreamPie

Lawrence, MA

#4 Nov 3, 2013
It's nice if you appreciate used up girls and dudes on steroids who sniff coke
Utica Is The Best

Schenectady, NY

#5 Nov 3, 2013
Can't argue. It's the worst of the worst in this dump of a state.
Cliffy Dave

New Hartford, NY

#6 Nov 4, 2013
Utica Is The Best wrote:
Can't argue. It's the worst of the worst in this dump of a state.
and my real name is Dave Smith and I know about dumps. I like to lick manwholes while the guy takes one.

Call me,
Dave "Cliffy" Smith
pipes n bags

Bristol, CT

#7 Nov 4, 2013
Who's voting for that Marino scumbag?
CNY

Boston, MA

#8 Nov 4, 2013
We are !!!
Voter

Watertown, NY

#9 Nov 4, 2013
Who is voting for that Gordon scumbag?
Barney

Buffalo, NY

#10 Nov 4, 2013
Everyone in the state knows Utica is a dump. It's not a secret.

However, due to being a dump, things are reasonably cheap compared to other areas. So, its a tradeoff. Live fairly well on less money, or be broke all the time and live in a nice area.
Utican

Utica, NY

#11 Nov 4, 2013
Do us all a huge favor and leave the area. Go somewhere else and rip on that place. Utica has plenty of people that like it here. Like any other city/town it has pros and cons. People like you only see the cons and tear it apart because somehow it makes you feel better. You obviously have nothing better to do other than try to talk down about this place. Has a lot of positive things to offer.
pipes n bags

Lawrence, MA

#12 Nov 5, 2013
Positive... Go ahead and list em.... I'll wait. You mean that fake loop on the
Middle of Genesee street hahaha or the politicians taking money from local businesses? Yea it's a dump wake up
Where are you

Rome, NY

#13 Nov 5, 2013
I'll start...

Low cost of living. You can buy a beautiful home and a large parcel of land for a fraction of the price you can buy it elsewhere. More outdoor activities than you can name. Reasonably priced college education.

Do I need to go on? I will...

I've obviously proven you wrong.
Utica Is Great

Schenectady, NY

#14 Nov 5, 2013
Where are you wrote:
I'll start...
Low cost of living. You can buy a beautiful home and a large parcel of land for a fraction of the price you can buy it elsewhere. More outdoor activities than you can name. Reasonably priced college education.
...and at the end of the day you still live there. Need I go on?
fun

Utica, NY

#15 Nov 5, 2013
it is so funny to me how bored some people are that they literally have nothing better to do than talk about how much they hate utica and how everyone else MUST agree with them. I live in utica and love it. I make very good money, probably more than the people bitching about utica. I love going fishing not even 15 mins away, I like takin my boat out on oneida lake, I like flying rc model airplanes at highland airport on top of albany street, bowling, bars, pool. It's all I need, what more could someone else need, someone to wipe their ass for em? lol I dont get it what can you do other places that you cant in utica, name one thing.\
SOI

New Hartford, NY

#16 Nov 6, 2013
The reason for the low cost of houses is because the high tax rates work to drag down home values. If taxes were to be lowered home prices would rise but that will not happen since this is NY and upstate will continue to decline with Utica leading the way down.

There really is no list of benefits to living here. Even this nano building is being put up by the state on speculation and it comes with the bribe of no business, property or employees income taxes. If this were a growing region action like this would not be needed. This will work to keep our current taxes high while keeping up the false hopes that have been used by the politicians for years.
Where are you wrote:
I'll start...
Dave

Utica, NY

#17 Nov 6, 2013
pipes n bags wrote:
Positive... Go ahead and list em.... I'll wait. You mean that fake loop on the
Middle of Genesee street hahaha or the politicians taking money from local businesses? Yea it's a dump wake up
True, if you don't pay you don't stay, right Palmieri?
PizzaGuy

Utica, NY

#18 Nov 6, 2013
Utica Is Great wrote:
<quoted text>
...and at the end of the day you still live there. Need I go on?
And at the end of the day people like you are still posting on topix and looking for lives.
Utica Is Great

Schenectady, NY

#19 Nov 6, 2013
PizzaGuy wrote:
<quoted text>And at the end of the day people like you are still posting on topix and looking for lives.
And at the end of the day you still respond and defend. Also you still live there. When property values are low that means one thing...no one wants to be there!!! Lol
pipes n bags

Lawrence, MA

#20 Nov 6, 2013
Oh that's easy name one big attraction in utica? Go ahead ill wait.....I can name 50 off the top of my head. Oh I forgot I live on the ocean and u live a mile away from the barge canal hahahha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 8 min honeymylove 1,869
Dierks Bentley at the Aud 12 min Always a sunny day 47
Washington mills Calvin arrested (Aug '09) 13 min joe ferguson 5
SUNYPIE Sweety Tomato PI students need SPORTS M... 19 min Attention Aldis S... 5
Tier 6 Pension Plan Will Hurt Teacher Recruitment! (Feb '12) 30 min politricksasusual 138
Roefaro Claims Discrimination Because He Is Ita... (Jan '10) 47 min Sick Of You 47
Remsen Barnfest Pricing For Admission Released 1 hr artisan 6
utica aud 1 hr Sports Fan 140
Utica Comet's schedule just out ! 1 hr English Only 78
Hotel Utica Manager Matt Gaetano ARRESTED (AGAIN) 5 hr Jones 12
utica national (Jun '13) 6 hr Finished 524
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••