Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Change Utica

Syracuse, NY

#1 Oct 11, 2012
Palmieri is an idiot -- an old-Italian moron with no polish. He needs to rid himself of the 1970's Tony Minaro, "Saturday Night Fever" hairstyle and stop throwing up his hands when he talks. It makes some people uncomfortable. He has approved an additional $26 million in debt for the city and is helping ruin the city's credit rating and economy. He doesn't have the integrity or the guts to do what is right -- cut spending. He's uneducated -- knows nothing about economics or the law. Get rid of the sun glasses too, Bobby. And when you go to a public place, lower your voice. You sound like a greaseball and embarrass those Italian-Americans among us who have assimilated -- or are trying to anyway. It's tough enough when so may people out there dislike you because of your ethnicity, without people among us like you who fuel the fire and give people cause to hurt us.
Bobby G

Rome, NY

#2 Oct 11, 2012
You nailed it!
dave

Utica, NY

#3 Oct 11, 2012
I third that
Oh Please

New Hartford, NY

#4 Oct 11, 2012
Wow really? Then why don't any three of you above posters get off your computer butts and run for Mayor since you seem to know-it-all. Besides the fact that you have no right to cut someone up for their appearance, you have no clue what your talking about either. Hmm wonder what you look like? Can only imagine. Those who have something to say about people's appearances are most of the time just jealous! Get a life! and once again, claim to know how to "do things right" then run for an office, though no doubt your a coward because only cowards hide behind computers and talk. Bad news is what all of you are!
taxpayr

Utica, NY

#5 Oct 11, 2012
Oh Please wrote:
Wow really? Then why don't any three of you above posters get off your computer butts and run for Mayor since you seem to know-it-all. Besides the fact that you have no right to cut someone up for their appearance, you have no clue what your talking about either. Hmm wonder what you look like? Can only imagine. Those who have something to say about people's appearances are most of the time just jealous! Get a life! and once again, claim to know how to "do things right" then run for an office, though no doubt your a coward because only cowards hide behind computers and talk. Bad news is what all of you are!
The mayor allways dresses great. Some nice suits.
Billy bob

Utica, NY

#6 Oct 11, 2012
Kmart suits at that. Maybe when he gets the town of NH to start paying Uticas bills he can upgrade to men's warehouse in the long con. Very nice says the elephant.

I love the fact he wants the suburbs to now pay for city services.
Utican

AOL

#7 Oct 12, 2012
Palmieri is the least educated mayor in citys history and the results so far --prove it.
Concerned Citizen

Utica, NY

#8 Oct 13, 2012
Palmieri has not attained any an positive results -- he approved a 9.9% property tax increase which is a hardship for many people and damaging the city's economy. He's also approved approximately $26 million in new debt, which is a disgrace. He refuses to address the city's biggest problem -- spending, because he would have to fight people he doesn't want to fight, primarily city employees. Until he does this, Utica is headed for bankruptcy.

As far as Palmieri's grooming and clothing, they do seem a little outdated. And his demeanor and mannerisms need improving. I can see how someone could feel uncomfortable around him.
Marie

Utica, NY

#9 Oct 14, 2012
He looks like someone from the 50s.

Level 3

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#10 Oct 14, 2012
He is a good guy and I know him very well..A wonderful person and always trying to help the community out and always doing stuff for our city ..Better than the other mayor we use to have...Palmari is a excellent person...If You have complaints...why dont u get off ur butt and go and complaint about it there...

Never has bother anyone ....and why is he being treated like a criminal? he doesnt deserve to be..

Peter

AOL

#11 Oct 15, 2012
Come on --Palmieri is way over his head as mayor.Loves to raise taxes.He is brainless.
Hmm

New Hartford, NY

#12 Oct 15, 2012
So agree with Poster #10. People are just awful in this city. No matter who the Mayor is they all have things to say about them. They are all disrespectful nobodies who think they are all that. And to make fun of how people dress or look is totally uncalled for. As far as I see it I agree with others who have said that these people really are wastes and need to keep their mouths shut. Do something about your comments like run for Mayor yourself if you seem to be so perfect. Really sickening.
also an Utican

Utica, NY

#13 Oct 15, 2012
Marie wrote:
He looks like someone from the 50s.
I keep hearing people saying that they wished the city was like it was back in the 40's, 50's and 60's. So maybe he is really ahead of his time.
also an Utican

Utica, NY

#14 Oct 15, 2012
Peter wrote:
Come on --Palmieri is way over his head as mayor.Loves to raise taxes.He is brainless.
What are your solutions and can they be done within 10 months of taking office?
Taxpayer

AOL

#15 Oct 15, 2012
He is a silent mayor offering pie in the sky proposals like downtown.
Educated East Utican

Whitesboro, NY

#16 Oct 15, 2012
Just cut spending. Stop succumbing to the police and fire unions. Jobs are way beyond their true value in local labor market. Collective bargaining, public sector entitlement and Rufie Elefante mentalities killing us.
Level 3

Since: Apr 08

NOT From New Hartford

#17 Oct 15, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
He is a silent mayor offering pie in the sky proposals like downtown.
We'll see him again in the spring when he starts another great Quality Of Life Tour around the city.
Jim

AOL

#18 Oct 15, 2012
Palmieri thinks he is still running the weed amd ssed program while serios problems go untouched.
Frank

New Hartford, NY

#19 Oct 24, 2012
Disagree
Frank Eat Dank

Utica, NY

#20 Oct 24, 2012
WOW!! Thanks for that great comment Frankie!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UFD cashes in again! 3 min Try again 27
help AFRICA feed thier kids 10 min Simple fact 9
Mail Carrier Appreciation Week 40 min Sperminator 3
Who else wants Obama to run for a third term? 44 min Mr Bones 9
PLEASE help with my MOM 49 min sfkly 5
to all recent female police academy graduates 59 min BirnieBusMan 3
richy flamez (Jun '12) 1 hr His Wife 15
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 2 hr Victor 575
How's Judge Gerry Popeo Pusty-O's Mouth Problem? 3 hr jurisprudence 33
Anyone witness WKTV 6pm news yesterday? Disaster Fri Pat Jizinski 61