Utica NY Bad Landlords

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2009

Please post all utica ny Bad landlords. This is a list i would like to help poeple stay away from slum lords, sue happy, unrully, crap landlords.
Please leave name of landlord and address of apartments
NO DO NOT

Camillus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2009

Judged:

Utica NY Bad Landlords wrote:
Please post all utica ny Bad landlords. This is a list i would like to help poeple stay away from slum lords, sue happy, unrully, crap landlords.
Please leave name of landlord and address of apartments
Your are asking for an opinion...How about listing the POS tenants??? and their addresses....You get what you pay for... jerk
seriously

Oneida, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2009

Judged:

you get what you pay for is correct to an extend. no one deserves to have fire hazards and be subject to harm or death regardless of how much they pay for rent. Landlords know the deal before they become a landlord...
xxxxxxx

Auburn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2009

What about the Landlord that rents an entire house located in a real nice neighborhood (N. Utica) based on a referral from a close relative? I inherited this house and knew nothing about the ins and outs of renting and took this tenant based on the referral and "face value".

What a mistake!!!!!! In the 2 1/2 years this family lived in this house, they did approximately $10,000 worth of damage. Furniture and items that were to be left i the house were either stolen or destroyed. Holes in ceilings and walls; bedroom painted BLACK and other rooms very dark and ugly colors,inlaid flooring in kitchen removed and sub-flooring painted black, wallpaper torn off walls, and all screens on porch had large holes in them and 4 windows broken. Doorbell chimes (made of brass) were missing and broken, and numerous DRUGS found hidden in various spots within the house!!!!

To top it off, husband had been in Rehab for 7 months for Crack Cocaine, and wife removed ALL her personal information of where she was living, and even from her employer's personnel records. But, since she already had 3 current Jodgments against her totalling $10,000, getting another Judgment against her would have been a waste of time.

This family was no more than WHITE TRASH pretending to be "nice". My only regret is that I didn't evict them before I did. They have been placed on a listing for other good Landlords NOT to rent to them - but they are currently living in a drug infested neighborhood - where they belong.

Will I ever rent to a "stranger" again? The answer is Hell NO!!!!!! One of my children and her family is now living in this house and taking very good care of it. The damages have been cleared up at my expense, walls repainted, and new flooring put down.

Word of warning - Don't ever trust someone you don't know personally!!!!
tyrone

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2009

Judged:

Ernie Sanita...Enough said.
CLIMBER

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2009

Judged:

TONY PAGANO
agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2009

seriously wrote:
you get what you pay for is correct to an extend. no one deserves to have fire hazards and be subject to harm or death regardless of how much they pay for rent. Landlords know the deal before they become a landlord...
this is true and codes makes things worse by not working
tony tellington

Baldwinsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Dom clemente total slumlord
Divoce-happy World

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

seriously wrote:
fire hazards? I don't think so. rental properties in Utica have mandatory fire inspections. shall I repeat "mandatory" ??
bullied tenant

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Joe Lapaglia is a bully and is trying to force us out of our apartment on Jan. 14, 2011 even though we paid rent through Jan. 31, 2011.
Parish

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

bullied tenant wrote:
Joe Lapaglia is a bully and is trying to force us out of our apartment on Jan. 14, 2011 even though we paid rent through Jan. 31, 2011.
Are you in west utica?
truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Judged:

The most disgusting landlord is Tim Klotz...Just look at 2 of his properties at this very time...1617 and up the block a bit across the street (white house)..He is a greedy pig..Calling him "white trash" would be a compliment..Has he even reimbursed the city for the demolition of his house where 4 renters were killed?
truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

sorry..that's 1617 ONEIDA
All about money

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

Money is really the only thing most landlords care about,especially in Utica.Most of them live out of the area and either show up once a month to collect the rent,have it mailed or have someone collect it for them.They act so concerned for the property when you are looking to rent it,then are unavailable if something needs to be fixed.(that was no fault of yours)Gone are the days when everyone took prode in their property.
A Landlord

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

What landlords care about is our properties not being destroyed. We care about holes in the walls and windows being broken. We care about garbage in the cellar and batteries being taken out of smoke detectors.

Sure we care about getting the rent. Most of us have mortgages on our buildings, we have tax bills, garbage fees, insurance bills, and water bills.

If you don't like the way the property looks when you first see it, then don't move in. Don't move in and then start complaining. You knew what it was when you first looked at it.

When you have 6 people living in an apartment and no one has a job you will break things because you are there 24/7, it's not our fault.
My Landlord

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

My Landlord Promised me the world when I moved in!! Everything was nice and freshly painted. New rugs, etc. Now nothing gets done! There are 5 units here. But we are all afraid to complain. We don't want to get evicted. A landlord can evict you for anything and don't say they CAN'T!!! Two of the units furnaces are dead,tenents are using space heaters! They have small children too! Porch steps are broke and dangerous. Gutters fall in every wind storm, they do NOTHING! No carbon dioxide or smoke detectors installed. Sinks drain into pails because pipes are broke. Mice run around!!!We are not section 8 people! But all of us love the neighborhood and want to stay. So we keep quiet... This is Bull!!!! What can be done? Oh, by the way, we live in one of the smaller towns outside of Utica. Again we are to afraid we will get evicted for bitching. The system sucks and we know we will be kicked out if we complain!!!
Mallory

Rockland, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Biggest slum lords of all would be Mario & Linda , they are from Virginia & rent a few properties in Frankfort & Ilion. They do NOTHING. & only come around when rent is due, making empty promises to fix what is broken & never showing up. I lived in one of their apartments for 3 years, & the huge picture window in the living room was cracked since day 1. Talk about drafty. & Super unsafe! Why did I stay? You try & find a decent apartment with 2 dogs. Not easy. The apartment next to me had multiple plumbing issues that ended up damaging a lot of my neighbors' personal belongings. If I could remember their last name, I would def post it. This was 7 years ago, & guess what? That huge crack in the window is still there! Unbelievable... My advice? Save your pennies & buy a house :)
Another Landlord

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

Then buy a small house. It's cheaper than renting and you have to fix things when you break them.(What a concept!!)
Pineapples10

Mexico, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

Exactly!

Don't like renting, buy a house!
concerned tenant

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

I am sick of Utica Landlords. WE pay rent therefore we have rights to a safe habitable home. Fire codes are not enforced sorry, law or not! you call codes because of safety issues you are evicted. The city does zero to protect tenants. In this economy not everyone can get a housing loan nor do we want to. I have never seen a city that treats tenants so horridly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

187 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
How do you forgive your cheating husband 30 min city 8
Who Is Christian Winthrop 56 min Bobbytheaddict 11
How can Zecca run 1 hr Voter 1
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 1 hr UticaNY 5,590
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 1 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 163
Policelli twins transfering to ND for basketball. 1 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 71
Dawn Taylor 1 hr Bobbytheaddict 1
Someone needs to report abuse for "Bobby Lies a... 1 hr cretin riggie 26
riggie hates the life he has been dealt 1 hr cretin riggie 55
Irish Fest 3 hr slapanut 34
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••