Quaker Steak & Lube
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Former Westsider

Utica, NY

#44 May 15, 2011
Several friends of mine and myself made the 1 hr. trip out to the one on the other side of Syracuse yesterday...The food and service were above average, as were the prices, but not too drastic.The interior of the establishment is done up rather well, if you are somewhat of a motorhead...All in all, we would go back there sometime in the future if one wasn't built closer...It was somewhat confusing to get there initially after going through the exit 39 tollbooth, but that won't happen again...I would still recommend Marble Hill Inn's wings and 2-for-1 Budweiser's until 7pm if I didn't feel like driving(or riding w/someone if I'm drinking)all the way to the Lakeland/Van Buren area...P.S: The developer of this restaurant site must have paid only peanuts for that piece of land, as it is very undeveloped around it and in a remote commercial/recreational area. You will know what I mean when you pay a visit to it. And yes, it is my humble opinion that the old Chenango site on N. Genny st. would be a great location for one-- waaay easier for people to get to from here anyways!
About Time

Utica, NY

#45 May 16, 2011
Restaurants are a great way to initiate other businesses to move into the area. When traveling along the Thruway or searching the internet for the locations of widely-know restaurants and finding that these establishments are in Utica, it's great for the area. The problem with most of it, is thess places are usually put in the wrong locations, or we tend to have too much of the same stuff in such a small area. How many McDonald's & Dunkin' Donuts can we have in 10 square miles? Dine-in restaurants also encourage people to partake in other events after dinner or even serve as an after-party location. Which all promotes business throughout the area. We have a great amount of space available here, and could really take advantage being in middle of so many great tourist attractions. With Niagara Falls, New York City, Boston, etc. all no more than a 3 hour drive from here we need to attract tourists, and restaurants will encourage that. People of this area love to eat, but need something different, and people not of this area may want something they are familiar with. We need businesses here, it's half the reason this city is so depressed financially/emotionally. It's sad to take a ride down Genessee St through the "Downtown" and see such an uninviting area that could easily become the opposite.
Taxpayer

AOL

#46 May 16, 2011
Is Harbor Point still gonna be developed?
Utica ny

Hamilton, NY

#47 May 17, 2011
Web site doesn't show new store in Utica area...just Rochester. Is it fact or rumor about store in our area?
Truth

New Hartford, NY

#48 May 17, 2011
Less than 10% of what you read on Topix is fact. This is just another of the dreams posted here.
Sad Sweet Dreamer

AOL

#49 May 17, 2011
I imagine the opening of Olive Garden @ HP is also a dream. Once Roefaro leaves office, the whole HP issue will become nothing more than a bad dream.
Frank McBrides Ghost

Clifton Park, NY

#50 Aug 21, 2014
CommentDawg wrote:
Just received word via a rep at Quaker Steak they will be opening a Quaker Steak within the next 6-12 months in New Hartford.
Good. Because I'm hungry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time Warner Cable/Digital Transmission (Jan '10) 15 min wow 17
WELSH IS ONLY CHOICE FOR COUNTY LEGISLATOR IN 1... 58 min sorry I asked 24
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 1 hr Having Fun 1,996
Dr gs weight loss center (Mar '13) 2 hr nursebm 67
Charter School expanding 3 hr teo 8
Willowvale diner 4 hr Going to joans 1
Utica OD - No More TV Section 6 hr Rafe Hollister 1
Name a business that's not around anymore. (Oct '13) 8 hr Class of sixty-two 225
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]