Question regarding motorcycles

Posted in the Utica Forum

FZR600

Monessen, PA

#1 Feb 10, 2014
I just bought a Yamaha FZR600.I have only ridden a bike like this a few times and so far IMO crotchrockets are uncomfortable as can be, but even so the deal on this bike was too good to pass up.
So the question is, is it possible to change out the handlebars on it and replace them with regular motorcycle handlebars that curve back towards you so you can sit up straight?
I know physically you could do it, but what I mean is would it be able to steer correctly and everything else with a different handlebar setup?
I dont care too much if it looks goofy, as long as it works and makes it more comfortable.
FZR600

Monessen, PA

#4 Feb 10, 2014
Try wrote:
This is common actually. Leave the bike for a while and ride like it is, you wont believe it but they get more comfortable as your body and muscles gets used to the rider position. Have fun.
Thanks, its gonna be a few weeks anyway before I get them switched if I do, so I have some time to see if it gets better.
WHAT

Utica, NY

#5 Feb 10, 2014
How the hell you gonna see if it gets better? you riding it in the snow? Don't believe a word you posted.
Joe Camel

Matawan, NJ

#9 Feb 11, 2014
Just sell it and buy something better
yammie

Ilion, NY

#10 Feb 11, 2014
look first into handlebar risers for the FZR 600. Simple and comparatively inexpensive bolt-ons elevate the bars from their stock position. with that done, you can also rotate the bars higher up by changing the position of the brake and clutch hand controls.

I wouldn't even think about using cruiser style i.e. Harley bars on a bike like that. not sure what would happen but it doesn't sound good. some guys use Renthal or other brand dirt bike bars for a more straight-up ride on their sportbikes.

but you need to validate that a certain set of bars fit on your bike, and the margins can be small. new bars are not a simple swap-out. which is why risers are so popular. good luck & ride safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Absent at NYPD Funeral 18 min useless 6
Bobby Oliveira's Retirement Party from the Time... 31 min Mawee Stweet 1
clifTON BEST PLACE TO PUMP TRANSGENDER KOK PLUS... 31 min chiffon 3
Poor Kim Kardashian Cant Get Pregnant 32 min My opinion 5
global DIDN'T USE THE COMIC SITE THEY DIDN'T EV... 33 min chiffon 13
fortune 500 COMPANYS DIVISON HEADQUARTERS IN CL... 36 min dresses 13
My Balls smells like Rotting Flesh and rotten c... (Dec '10) 42 min 3bawlnutmonkey 17
Why Robert T Oliveira 4 hr Large Boned Utican 23
ND Warmack suspended for grades but....... 5 hr sam spade 17
East Utica in the 70's and 80's/ what do you re... (Jan '10) 7 hr Little Johnny 383
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:49 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:49PM