robert koenig

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#35 Oct 22, 2013
Why doesn't the Village Board propose some positive plan for the former Waterbury felt plant? Perhaps a worker cooperative to build solar panels? Come on you guys grow a pair.
Rocco the clown

New Hartford, NY

#36 Oct 22, 2013
dirty dan wrote:
Can we get a debate going between those two. I know rocky is all for it.
Maybe my girl friend can talk for me. I'm an east Utica flunky with red shoes and a big nose vote for me..
WOW

Utica, NY

#37 Oct 22, 2013
You actually think trash talk wins elections? You are a fool!
birch good rothdiener bad

Saranac Lake, NY

#38 Oct 23, 2013
sal wrote:
I hear a person named Birch is going to run for mayor in oriskany. Another continuation of Oriskany politics.Where' koenig been awful quiet from the hair salon lately.
if chris birch gets elected the mayor of oriskany it will be a good thing, he is a level headed fair guy who knows his stuff and he already does good things for the legion in oriskany and will do so for the village also...I am not a friend of his but I believe they should just give it to him because no one else in that pig poke village is as qualified and serious as him
hacker

Clinton, NY

#41 Oct 24, 2013
bodakachova wrote:
<quoted text>
at least he only puts his signs up at hair salons, ROCCO ELAFANTE SR. had sex with his daughters friend that cuts hair......im seeing the connection its out
hey cyber bully your days are numbered. your I. p. address came up on another bully remark on a young woman you named. please if you want to keep it going so it can be considered by the DA office as a persistant annoyance. In any event whether charges are pursued your identity will be found out soon. If you don't believe me ,just watch . Mark this day ,I swear .Then we will see who laughs last.If topix wont police this site it will be done for them.
wondering the same thing

Geneva, NY

#42 Oct 26, 2013
I was wondering who was running in the 11th....got cards in the mail today for Koenig and ha ve seen a sign or two. Just thought he was avoiding my area of Whitestown. Usually at election time the politicians come around but neither of these guys have bothered and I don't know anything about either one of them. Hope the OD will highlight these two before Election Day.
Just saying

Whitesboro, NY

#43 Oct 26, 2013
You can wait for the od article if they chose to cover it, but you may ask yourself if either candidate earned your vote. Do not feel as though you must chose one because you do not have to vote in that particular race. There are other races to consider. Strive to be an educated electorate!
Just saying

New Hartford, NY

#44 Oct 26, 2013
wondering the same thing wrote:
I was wondering who was running in the 11th....got cards in the mail today for Koenig and ha ve seen a sign or two. Just thought he was avoiding my area of Whitestown. Usually at election time the politicians come around but neither of these guys have bothered and I don't know anything about either one of them. Hope the OD will highlight these two before Election Day.
Koenig is a good man and works hard for the people in his district. He has my vote.
Voter

Utica, NY

#47 Oct 27, 2013
I live in Whitestown and Mr. Elefante did come to my house, had a real nice conversation, I was very impressed. I will vote for Elefante.
Just saying

New Hartford, NY

#52 Oct 27, 2013
duffy wrote:
This is an important election, its just a matter of a few seats that can swing the control to the democrats into their majority on the legislators, The haven't had it for years. This could give a check and balance as the county executive is republican.There has been one rule in this county for 50 years.What did we get for that. Highest tax sales,real estate,surcharges,fees,welfare gone wild,police budgets cut,no for sight regarding the flooding issue until we got destroyed in the last few years,crime moving outward into the suburbs,sewer problems that no one took care of for years.You get problems like this when people keep putting politicians in over and over who do nothing but kiss babies and send out colorful fliers year after year and there are no checks and balances. They get stale on their ideas.
My you have a lot of interest in this race. You seem to know everything about Mr. Koenig. Hmmm I wonder who you could be Duffy. I hope the voters are paying attention. How many Dems voted for the same legislation? Many of the issues you mention are state issues not controlled by the county but you know that. I'm tired of people coming on here and twisting the truth to suit there agenda. What has Rocco done but collect a big fat pension off the tax payers back. The biggest problem is trying to pay all these bloated pensions like Rocco collects.
wondering the same thing

Geneva, NY

#53 Oct 27, 2013
Just saying wrote:
You can wait for the od article if they chose to cover it, but you may ask yourself if either candidate earned your vote. Do not feel as though you must chose one because you do not have to vote in that particular race. There are other races to consider. Strive to be an educated electorate!
what the hell r u talking about. How does my not voting for one or the other do anything? One or the other is going to be elected if only 3 folks vote. Information on the candidates will help make an educated vote for one or the other. Don't vote if you feel so inclined but not voting does nothing.
Scared but hopeful

Whitesboro, NY

#54 Oct 27, 2013
<quoted text>what the hell r u talking about. How does my not voting for one or the other do anything? One or the other is going to be elected if only 3 folks vote. Information on the candidates will help make an educated vote for one or the other. Don't vote if you feel so inclined but not voting does nothing.
Ok roll the dice and pull the lever for anyone you want. It's your right. But if you are not in tune with either candidate you could negate an educated vote by choosing the lesser of the 2 candidates. Just saying.
duffy

Clinton, NY

#55 Oct 28, 2013
If the dems got control back there would be a good balance of government in Oneida County. Mr Pacenti would not have total rule as Koenig votes in lock step with party lines. Even though some dems did vote with republicans it shows that they do have a mind of their own,not so with republicans . Just look at how the republicans have also ruined this country from bush/chaney/and congress. Wow. The republicans are in total control in Oneida County from the top down and look what we got. A welfare County. They even have a pension collector once getting a waiver and getting paid by county taxpayers for a worthless job. Did you know that Mr Just saying, don't worry about other people pensions who don't double dip. You know what I mean.?? HA
duffy

Clinton, NY

#56 Oct 28, 2013
And quit blaming the state, other counties in this state are doing just fine and keeping sales taxes and thetaxes down. They even charge you a stinking dollar to turn in your plate here. Now Mr Pacenti is looking to charge us with a dollar or more tax/ fee on our cell phone bill. Thanks to the state officials its stopped at Albany. You wanna bet the house Koenig would have voted yes to that tax increase .Bet you a dollar he would. You see this is what I see is the problem in this county . Little as it seems they are slowly adding fees and surcharges to things . Who is watching the store, surely not the republicans and they don't want anybody upsetting the apple cart.
Cindy

Clinton, NY

#57 Oct 28, 2013
Fact Check., KOENIG did VOTE YES to the Oneida/Land Claim DEAL. thus costing Taxpayers PROPETY TAX LOSS SALES TAX LOSS OTHER BACK TAXES TO BE FORGIVEN Just that alone should tell you. What more can I say. He could have voted NO and stood our ground They would have came back with a better offer..He cant run from that vote. Anyways wheres the money. Oh, its in the mail.I will believe it when I see it.
I am saying

Clinton, NY

#58 Oct 28, 2013
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>My you have a lot of interest in this race. You seem to know everything about Mr. Koenig. Hmmm I wonder who you could be Duffy. I hope the voters are paying attention. How many Dems voted for the same legislation? Many of the issues you mention are state issues not controlled by the county but you know that. I'm tired of people coming on here and twisting the truth to suit there agenda. What has Rocco done but collect a big fat pension off the tax payers back. The biggest problem is trying to pay all these bloated pensions like Rocco collects.
don't I have the right to voice my opinion on this site without YOU wondering who I am. Put your name out there and and then you can wonder WHO I am. You sound like You are the issue.
wondering the same thing

Oswego, NY

#60 Oct 28, 2013
Scared but hopeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok roll the dice and pull the lever for anyone you want. It's your right. But if you are not in tune with either candidate you could negate an educated vote by choosing the lesser of the 2 candidates. Just saying.
i would consider my vote important and based on shat I know of the candidates. Let's face it....if the candidate we support wins, don't we consider that person the best candidate running for that position. Encouraging folks not to vote so your person gets elected?
Scared but hopeful

Scarborough, ME

#61 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>i would consider my vote important and based on shat I know of the candidates. Let's face it....if the candidate we support wins, don't we consider that person the best candidate running for that position. Encouraging folks not to vote so your person gets elected?
Thank you, you just made my point. Learn about the candidates. Just as you so eloquently stated based upon what you know of the candidates the one you feel is best equipped to do the job gets your vote. Now if all voters do the same, the best qualified upon completion of your research wins the election. The majority of votes gets the post and the people and community win, right? No vote is unimportant, they are all important and should never be taken lightly. Unfortunately people don't understand this concept as evident via primary elections where only about 30% of the electorate vote. Thanks again for making my point.
I am saying

Clinton, NY

#62 Oct 28, 2013
Scared but hopeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, you just made my point. Learn about the candidates. Just as you so eloquently stated based upon what you know of the candidates the one you feel is best equipped to do the job gets your vote. Now if all voters do the same, the best qualified upon completion of your research wins the election. The majority of votes gets the post and the people and community win, right? No vote is unimportant, they are all important and should never be taken lightly. Unfortunately people don't understand this concept as evident via primary elections where only about 30% of the electorate vote. Thanks again for making my point.
People generally don't know much about the candidates and MONEY is the ruling factor in this country in this day and age , it can buy the television,newspapers,and support. Who are you kidding. Just look at the slobs in congress. Give me a break. You look at the intelligent view of how a person should get elected but that isn't the way it works.
I am saying

Clinton, NY

#63 Oct 28, 2013
If a candidate has lots of money he can get workers at the polls,get people rides to the polls,buy ad time until its embedded in your heads,get other people with money to back him and push their emoloyees toward a candidate,it all stinks and the rich rule as the average guy goes nowhere. That's why incumbents have the edge over the chalanger. The incumbent usually has special interest in his corner until they don't need him anymore. Terrible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whose Set for the Parade 23 min Slap yas 8
On The Mark 27 min Terrible Outfit 1
Esche fired Nikki Todd 34 min Cecelie the pig 2
Jean-Luke Williams 40 min Watch Your Back Dbag 20
Utica Comets' AUDIT & Rob "SmacKelly" Esche. PO... 1 hr Utica 18
Fuzzy pink gloves 1 hr Truly yours 1
Former Oneida County Legislator changes party 1 hr anthony 5
100 million for 300 jobs 1 hr CNY Welfare Windows 29
Marcy Nano Quad C 1 hr Supertekk BigotTech 18
New hartford is the new east utica 1 hr curious 160
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 9 hr Real Rubics Cube 934
Two Utica cops beat up 15 year kid on Albany st... 10 hr kinetic kat 25

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages