|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2013

Wondering in Whitesboro wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Did you find any agent in particular better than average?
Marty Bell was good and attentive initially when showing us a few homes. Once we decided on a home, he highly recommended Bank of America for the home loan unbeknownst to us that his wife handles mortgage loans there. Clearly, this was a huge conflict of interest and he ought to be ashamed of himself. Also, we contacted him several times after we closed as we noticed some discrepancies but he never returned our calls. We did receive a very generic 'Thank You' card in the mail but I would have much preferred a call back, that's the professional thing to do.
Wondering in Whitesboro

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2013

reality wrote:
<quoted text>
3 bedroom_1 bath_south utica_whats it worth_zillow says $100,000
It's Whitesboro not South Utica. 2br 1 bath. I haven't found zillo or trulia to be very accurate.
Experienced

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Wondering in Whitesboro wrote:
Anyone use them at their discounted $2995 flat rate to sell their home? What do you get? What are the drawbacks?
Assist 2 Sell has sold two of my homes. Each house was on the market less than a week. They get the listing on the UticaRomeRealtor website which is what most people I know use. In my experience they have been very attentive and professional.

Now, here is my tip if you are a buyer and want a house. If you are interested in a house listed by Assist2Sell, do not have an outside realtor show you the property. Go with the listing agent. Because Assist2Sell doesn't rape their clients with high commission fees (ie, 6%, 7%), the seller pays less commission if you go with the listing agent. If there are competing offers and one is with an outside agent, one with the listing agent at nearly the same offer amount, the sellers are going to go with the offer through the listing agent. This is something non Assist2Sell realtors will not tell you when they try to get you to be loyal to them.

We had bidding wars on both houses we sold and some butt hurt individuals who couldn't understand why we turned our noses up at their offers. Both times the offers through our listing agent won out because we didn't feel like paying $2000 -$3000 more in commission, which washed out the fact that their offers were less than $2000 higher than the other person's.

One thing to keep in mind however is that your property will sell itself if it's kept up. Keep it neat and clean. Keep it updated. I can't believe how many properties I have looked at throughout the years that are just completely filthy, cluttered and/or disgusting. If you have clutter everywhere and do not have your home clean and presentable it is going to sit on the market. Pets are another thing. Clean up after them before people look at your house. Make sure your home doesn't smell like cat urine or wet dog. No one will be able to see your home if people don't even want to walk through it much less live in it.
very true

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Experienced wrote:
<quoted text>Assist 2 Sell has sold two of my homes. Each house was on the market less than a week. They get the listing on the UticaRomeRealtor website which is what most people I know use. In my experience they have been very attentive and professional.

Now, here is my tip if you are a buyer and want a house. If you are interested in a house listed by Assist2Sell, do not have an outside realtor show you the property. Go with the listing agent. Because Assist2Sell doesn't rape their clients with high commission fees (ie, 6%, 7%), the seller pays less commission if you go with the listing agent. If there are competing offers and one is with an outside agent, one with the listing agent at nearly the same offer amount, the sellers are going to go with the offer through the listing agent. This is something non Assist2Sell realtors will not tell you when they try to get you to be loyal to them.

We had bidding wars on both houses we sold and some butt hurt individuals who couldn't understand why we turned our noses up at their offers. Both times the offers through our listing agent won out because we didn't feel like paying $2000 -$3000 more in commission, which washed out the fact that their offers were less than $2000 higher than the other person's.

One thing to keep in mind however is that your property will sell itself if it's kept up. Keep it neat and clean. Keep it updated. I can't believe how many properties I have looked at throughout the years that are just completely filthy, cluttered and/or disgusting. If you have clutter everywhere and do not have your home clean and presentable it is going to sit on the market. Pets are another thing. Clean up after them before people look at your house. Make sure your home doesn't smell like cat urine or wet dog. No one will be able to see your home if people don't even want to walk through it much less live in it.
Thank you Lisa ;)
Michael Merrick

Cold Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

I have a cyst to sell but I cannot find a buyer
Experienced

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

very true wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Lisa ;)
Nope. Wrong. I am a REAL seller who used Assist2Sell. Funny how no one ever believes that a happy client can post positive things about a company and that it's always someone with their own motives (not that this doesn't happen but that is not the case here).

But again, if you don't keep your house up to par no one will be able to sell your house. It amazes me how many people out there are trying to blame real estate companies because their over-priced, under-kept house just sits on the market.
Wondering in Whitesboro

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Experienced wrote:
<quoted text>
Assist 2 Sell has sold two of my homes. Each house was on the market less than a week. They get the listing on the UticaRomeRealtor website which is what most people I know use. In my experience they have been very attentive and professional.
Which agent did you use? I'm going to try it on my own 1st. I may work with Assist 2 Sell if it doesn't work out.
angela

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Yes, bidding wars BECAUSE they under priced your home. Wake up
Proctor alum

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Michele is oe of the best agents in the area she tells u the way it s we wanted to list our house for about 30,000 then she wanted we agree to her price ur house sold in two weeks so who ever complains about her is be that u though ur house was worth more so grow up891
Experienced

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

angela wrote:
Yes, bidding wars BECAUSE they under priced your home. Wake up
Haha! Ignorant comment from someone who knows nothing about the situation. Actually that's not the case at all but it had nothing to do with the realtors. It was how we kept our homes. They were overpriced and went for more than they should have.
Wondering in Whitesboro

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Proctor alum wrote:
Michele is oe of the best agents in the area she tells u the way it s we wanted to list our house for about 30,000 then she wanted we agree to her price ur house sold in two weeks so who ever complains about her is be that u though ur house was worth more so grow up891
Could you say that again in English?
Well

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>Go on Zillow.com , put in your address. This will give you a very good idea of what your property is worth. Sounds too high price for a two bedroom. Two bedrooms are harder to sell.
untrue, zillow isn't even close to real value. John brown will give a free appraisel. He sells more pocket listings than all realtors sell advertised ones!
Fred

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>Go on Zillow.com , put in your address. This will give you a very good idea of what your property is worth. Sounds too high price for a two bedroom. Two bedrooms are harder to sell.
Zillow and Trulia are basically rough guidelines to give you an idea of what a property is worth. They use a computer formula to come up with these prices, based on a mixture of what similar properties have sold for in that area, appreciation/depreciation, square footage, etc. There are lots of descrepencies. I have seen prices for identicle houses across the street or next door to each other with vastly different prices. These websites are just estimates. They do not take into account the condition of the house or any updates.
angela

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Fred wrote:
<quoted text>Zillow and Trulia are basically rough guidelines to give you an idea of what a property is worth. They use a computer formula to come up with these prices, based on a mixture of what similar properties have sold for in that area, appreciation/depreciation, square footage, etc. There are lots of descrepencies. I have seen prices for identicle houses across the street or next door to each other with vastly different prices. These websites are just estimates. They do not take into account the condition of the house or any updates.
Yes, true, BUT if you know anything about real estate, a realtor goes by COMPS in the area, what nearby houses sold for that are similar. Many houses sell CLOSE to Zillow's estimates. Of course its not EXACT!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 34 of34
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

275 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
#Boilermaker2014 Watch for a Surprise! 4 min need a friend 24
Boilermaker 6 min need a friend 89
Blue Code of Silence 16 min The way it is 6
Fat asses in boilermaker 17 min Sometruth 41
Beth Stay Out of It 36 min polim 13
Rome Voted Number 3 Best City To Live In New York 36 min Habanero Harv 34
Remington lays off 225 40 min Cerberus Capital 224
•••
•••