Utica firefighter alleges sexual assa...
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Oh Baby

Utica, NY

#70 Dec 13, 2012
Just the tip....just for a second.
brave

Herkimer, NY

#72 Dec 14, 2012
i think it was a brave move for this woman to do what she did knowing how public safety and most of city government works in utica. time after time they've shown they close ranks and take care of their own. she had to know that it was going to be diffcult.
Fact Checking

Manlius, NY

#74 Dec 14, 2012
Compassion wrote:
Mary have you read the article? Think about this, a female firefighter is asleep while on duty at her station doing her job protecting us. This guy Knapp who is in an ambulance from another station goes over and lets himself in and exposes himself to her and forcibly attempts to rape her. Now as I see it, her mistake was not reporting it right away, but as a rape advocacy counselor, I have seen this many times. She works in a mostly all male environment, she probably knew her attacker, so if she was to report it, she probably felt she would bring shame and embarrassment on her and the department, and who would believe her, not to mention the fact that she would alienate her coworkers and lose whatever acceptance she had gained as one of the lone female firefighters. Again, referring to the article, her lawyer indicated she did not want to push charges with the DA's office. Also according to the article, she tape recorded Knapp where he made admissions to the sexual assault. This woman also took and passed a lie detector test. What happens when she does report it to the city, they deviate from normal procedure in investigating the assault and have the same city corporation counsel do a "sham" investigation for both the disciplinary against Knapp and her claim of a disabling psychological condition as a result of the assault. Lets not forget if your a competent lawyer you don't end up working for the City of Utica corporation counsels office. It sounds to me after reading this article that this girl was not only victimized by Knapp but also by the City's Corporation Counsel and now by the fire department who have not kept this sick individual away from her. These are exactly the reasons why women don't report sexual assaults; because when they do they get trashed and blamed for the attack, when in this case this woman was doing nothing but sleeping at her station waiting to respond to the next call for service. As far as the OD putting Knapp's name in the paper, he should have stayed in his ambulance and away from this women, nobody told him to go do this, and if he didn't, where is his polygraph test? Lets just take a minute and put yourself in this woman's place, how would you feel - lets show some compassion.
While your comments are correct in a general sense and I agree that the culture needs to change overall, you should be careful when coming to firm conclusions without all the facts. You have no idea of what sort of investigation was completed or the quality of the individuals working in Corporation Counsels office. Did you notice an arbitration was completed? How do you know what sort of investigation was completed? Furthermore, lie detectors can be faked and are not a consistent science. It has its use, but do not prove anything one way or the other by themselves, except on TV and the court of popular opinion.
Finally, you lose your effectiveness as an advocate when you prematurely jump to strong conclusions without all the facts. Your loss of credibility then result in the loss of one more person bringing an important issue like sexual assault and the gross under-reporting being taken seriously.
Just Wondering

United States

#75 Dec 14, 2012
Where is she from. Did she work at a N.Utica hotel
Get A Life

Holyoke, MA

#76 Dec 14, 2012
Just Wondering wrote:
Where is she from. Did she work at a N.Utica hotel
Who cares!
cash

Woburn, MA

#77 Dec 15, 2012
yea the gateway I think in the 90 s. She was very polte and professional.
Ootica Goombah Paisano

Rochester, NY

#78 Dec 17, 2012
Wrong wiretap law dumbass wrote:
Wrong dumbass that only holds true for IN PERSON conversations utican imbecile. Recording a phone conversation is MOST CERTAINLY a crime unless ALL parties know and consent to the recording. Wow you people just talk to hear the air shoot out of your flapping faces it seems. N.Y. Penal Law 250.00, 250.05.<quoted text>
You must be a total Tard. You think the police or DEA tell drug dealers or Mafia they are recording their phone calls?
smh

Clinton, NY

#79 Oct 21, 2013
A tapped conversation without knowledge will likely be in-admissible in a hearing or court.
Dick Goes in ya

Carthage, NY

#80 Oct 22, 2013
She was also very giving if you know what I mean.
Fit

Little Falls, NY

#81 Jan 30, 2014
Does Knapp live in Whitesboro?
lunatic fringe

Gouverneur, NY

#82 Jan 30, 2014
When did we start putting the name of a victim of a sexual assault in the media? Regardless of your opinion of the validity of their claim (which by the way means nothing here) they are still entitled to a fair judicial process.
Look at that

Herkimer, NY

#83 Mar 1, 2014
Ruling came down maybe the OD should do an unbiased story on THAT
Truth

Agawam, MA

#84 Mar 2, 2014
Wouldn't be the first or even or even second time she accused an innocent man of rape. City should do it's homework.
To the stupid ass

Herkimer, NY

#85 Mar 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
Wouldn't be the first or even or even second time she accused an innocent man of rape. City should do it's homework.
What about this poor Knapp who has been put out there in every article as the "bad guy" but Mrs. B is still called the victim. Haha if only her husband or X whatever he is now, knew how many UFD, UPD, and Kunkel guys she "talked to" or did her "ride time" with he would see what a compulsive lying horrible person she really is. He followed many guys before from the guy at kunkel that got her the paramedic, following him to work questioning him in his patrol car. to the firemen he spit in his face to the other firemen that came from kunkel to UFD. All had there fun with her but OLD Chrissy could never get the truth from any of them and that's only a few of lots... Buuuttttt she's always right. I hope Knapp takes them for every penny they have. He was always a dirty cop at UPD
To the stupid ass

Herkimer, NY

#86 Mar 21, 2014
My mother taught me how to use my lips like the trash Knapp, she just got tired and used teeth.

I never hit it with my teeth.

Anyone have a dollar, I will rim you all night.
Jerry

Springfield, NJ

#87 Mar 21, 2014
Is this the same girl sleeping with UFD Matt Benn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BIas OD at it again 17 min Tony Soprano 2
Audrey russo single?? 23 min Whoa 15
Donald Trump is Amazing 30 min Vladimir 10
Police Cover-up in New Hartford 44 min TheSlobSeemann 134
Jeff sessions 1 hr hey 2
Liz Olmstead (Jun '13) 1 hr full blown 72
Utica TOPIX is an Embarrassment 1 hr Bye later 8
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 2 hr And this 88
Sexless Marriage 3 hr FED UP 34
Keeler calls Joe Marino (Utica Councilman) out ... 7 hr Mushmouth Larry L... 144

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages