burger king in north utica

burger king in north utica

Posted in the Utica Forum

hydro

Utica, NY

#1 Nov 10, 2008
Why the hell are the cops not doing their jobs properly in north utica? Here is what I mean. Left hand turn by burger king, you can only turn left (big article about this) cop sits there lets them (cars) drive straight through the turn into the right side traffic going straight maybe causing traffic accidents or not. Wait! There is more. If you go above the speed limit, bam, here is your ticket for speeding. Thank you very much! Now tell me why that is?? You can go straight through a turn into traffic on your right and not get a ticket, but you get a ticket for going a litte fast. Bull smack!! This is wrong.
patrolman

Syracuse, NY

#2 Nov 10, 2008
You shouldn't have been going a "little fast"
hydro

Utica, NY

#3 Nov 10, 2008
patrolman wrote:
You shouldn't have been going a "little fast"
No idiot, I wasn't saying that I got a ticket. When going through north utica, pay attention and watch these idiot cops. How they do their jobs.
Nana

New York, NY

#4 Nov 10, 2008
At least you saw a cop by Burger King! I've lived here all my life and have yet to see one at this horrible and dangerous intersection. IMO - ALL entrances to Burger King, Big Lots, Parkway Drugs and the other stores should ALL be closed and NOT ALLOWED entrance from the Herkimer Road side. If you want to visit these stores, you should be made to use the entrances off from Leland Ave only. Let Burger King spend the money to reconfigure their entrances or move to another location.
Phaistos

Syracuse, NY

#5 Nov 10, 2008
Although this sounds like someone who got a ticket and is pissed off, I agree there are too many people on the road that dont know the rules - from turning their signals on after they start the turn, thinking that cars in a lane they are merging into have the responsibility of making way for them, to cruising in the passing lane (i dont think they even know what a passing lane is).

That being said, the cops cant enforce every law so they have to be somewhat selective in what they act on. I just wish they could send some of these people for driving lessons.
Nana

New York, NY

#6 Nov 10, 2008
hydro wrote:
<quoted text>
No idiot, I wasn't saying that I got a ticket. When going through north utica, pay attention and watch these idiot cops. How they do their jobs.
If you speed on Herkimer Road (all the way until the City Line at Schuyler), you will definitely get a Speeding Ticket. This is a residential area - NOT a speed way and there is a double line all the way down this road (no passing zone). Us NU Homeowners are all in favor of keeping our families safe; especially when the teenagers think they can use this road for a speedway to try out their little sports car. They soon find out just how expensive it is to disobey the law.
Hydro relax

New York, NY

#7 Nov 10, 2008
hydro wrote:
Why the hell are the cops not doing their jobs properly in north utica? Here is what I mean. Left hand turn by burger king, you can only turn left (big article about this) cop sits there lets them (cars) drive straight through the turn into the right side traffic going straight maybe causing traffic accidents or not. Wait! There is more. If you go above the speed limit, bam, here is your ticket for speeding. Thank you very much! Now tell me why that is?? You can go straight through a turn into traffic on your right and not get a ticket, but you get a ticket for going a litte fast. Bull smack!! This is wrong.
Hey I think UPD is the best about not giving out BS tickets. At least you can drive through Utica and not have to look in your rear view mirrior like in MY Mills. It could be worse. I have lived in Utica my whole life and got pulled over just once last year for speeding 48 in a 30 and the cop just told me to be careful and slow down.
NorthUtica citizen

AOL

#8 Nov 10, 2008
Thank you very much for this post... i live in NORTH UTICA.... this is the worst intersection in that area... people go strait when in the left lane. then you have the BK entrance and exit and an extra entrance all in about 250 feet of road space between two traffic lights. Somoene do something. id suggest blocking the entrance to the plazza and BK from the herkimer road side,,,, this would keep taffic flowing with out the rediculious slowing, and people turning into the plazza and BK...They have 3 entrances to the plazza from the other road... OH and the rediculious red light thats in front of price chopper in north Utica.. it need to be a yellow flashing light after 10pm... every time i drive past there at midnight i have to stop for no traffic comming out of the price chopper. seriousley we need a time study and traffic flow study of this area. Police do need to enforce a NO Tolerance traffic behavior in this area to catch the Turning lane idiots that cant read road signs.
They Hide

AOL

#9 Nov 10, 2008
..........Heintz Fun driveway, Lee Blvd, Fastrac
Attica

Tully, NY

#10 Nov 10, 2008
Because Utica is the most dysfunctional city in America. Why would you expect cops to be smart if they all grew up and live in Utica? This isn't Albany or New York City. All the cops here probably have an IQ in the upper 80s which is slightly higher than the local average. Just be glad they don't shoot you for going "a little fast."
also

Concord, CA

#11 Nov 10, 2008
Who cares about the traffic, why is it that every single time you go through the Burger King drive thru, THEY MAKE YOU PULL OVER AND WAIT! AHHHHHHH! This drives me nuts! carry on
Jealous

AOL

#12 Nov 10, 2008
Attica wrote:
Because Utica is the most dysfunctional city in America. Why would you expect cops to be smart if they all grew up and live in Utica? This isn't Albany or New York City. All the cops here probably have an IQ in the upper 80s which is slightly higher than the local average. Just be glad they don't shoot you for going "a little fast."
You sound jealous. Must be u couldn't pass the civil service, agility & all the rest to become a UPD.
Attica

Tully, NY

#13 Nov 10, 2008
All the people who work and eat there look like Catholic Charities people.
hydro

Utica, NY

#14 Nov 11, 2008
Hydro relax wrote:
<quoted text>Hey I think UPD is the best about not giving out BS tickets. At least you can drive through Utica and not have to look in your rear view mirrior like in MY Mills. It could be worse. I have lived in Utica my whole life and got pulled over just once last year for speeding 48 in a 30 and the cop just told me to be careful and slow down.
First I'd like to say thanks for sticking up for the UPD.(bullshit) they (cops) do their job.(yeah right) speed (ticket) go straight thru a left hand turn (no ticket) and cause an accident or not (you never know). 1 thing I do know is this, cops are supposed to give tickets out to these people going through a left hand turn that drive straight. NOT and I mean this NOT just give out tickets for speeding when they (sit there) and just watch them (cars) do this. Very ignorant!! Wonder why we get pissed off at the police for this. It is the Bullshit like this.
Dale Don Dale

Boise, ID

#15 Nov 11, 2008
go to driving school. they have instructors with patience that can even teach you the right way to drive. your constant whining is just something you will have to try to overcome.
hydro wrote:
<quoted text>
First I'd like to say thanks for sticking up for the UPD.(bullshit) they (cops) do their job.(yeah right) speed (ticket) go straight thru a left hand turn (no ticket) and cause an accident or not (you never know). 1 thing I do know is this, cops are supposed to give tickets out to these people going through a left hand turn that drive straight. NOT and I mean this NOT just give out tickets for speeding when they (sit there) and just watch them (cars) do this. Very ignorant!! Wonder why we get pissed off at the police for this. It is the Bullshit like this.
Attica

Syracuse, NY

#16 Nov 11, 2008
Jealous wrote:
<quoted text>You sound jealous. Must be u couldn't pass the civil service, agility & all the rest to become a UPD.
You can have your chitty UPD jobs. I'm an effing genius.
Wow

Syracuse, NY

#17 Nov 11, 2008
hmmmmmmm . . . . . . . I'm not a genius at it but I'm pretty good at effing.
North Utican

Utica, NY

#18 Nov 22, 2008
Who ever is in charge of traffic in Utica needs to study this intersection. It makes no sense and is extremley hazardous to drivers and pedestrians.
It has been a problem for many too many years!!!

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#19 Jun 13, 2014
Attica wrote:
Lol!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Esche thread deleted...too hot to handle? 37 min Down Low Rob Queen 57
Who is Cecile Pikus? 38 min Down Low Rob Queen 9
rob esche getting divorced 1 hr Down Low Rob Queen 19
Black Faces Scare Me 2 hr MLK 3
What is FSMC Hiding! 2 hr ROG NASA 37
New York Taxes Highest in US - AGAIN! 2 hr ROG NASA 20
what happened to busy corner cafe (Nov '14) 3 hr Mhayes 7
irish center enough is enough 5 hr Waah Wahh Uticans 59
Babes North Utica What Is Up With The Owner?? D... 5 hr Dirt shoot 45
More from around the web