AHL returning?.....read Esche quote
old time hockey

Sherburne, NY

#103 Feb 28, 2013
Well leases are broke all the time and i don't see the AUD reimburseing them that much money. They were the secondary tenant right.

Utica34
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Albany, NY

#104 Feb 28, 2013
Hey Dyngus wrote:
Like it says shit, nothing more nothing less and your full of it.
No I'm not but feel the way you want. Can't wait to see what some of the turds on this board post after the formal announcement is made.

See you at the aud this fall!

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#105 Feb 28, 2013
old time hockey wrote:
Well leases are broke all the time and i don't see the AUD reimburseing them that much money. They were the secondary tenant right.
I would have to think there is a clause that would deal with the situation if utica was able to secure a professional team again.
Da Law

New York, NY

#106 Feb 28, 2013
old time hockey wrote:
Well leases are broke all the time and i don't see the AUD reimburseing them that much money.
The lease agreement is quite clear about the penalties that will have to be paid. UC can waive the payment if they're so inclined, but they invested a huge amount of money into the Aud's facilities.
Da Law

New York, NY

#107 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to think there is a clause that would deal with the situation if utica was able to secure a professional team again.
You would be wrong.
Truth

Utica, NY

#108 Feb 28, 2013
Here's what I think.

I find Utica34's posts eerily similar to penny stock pump and dumps from back in the day. A user appears on a blog, comments on different things and as things go on blogs, becomes a regular to some degree. Then, after a time drops seemingly harmless tidbits about a stock. No basis in fact but presented as fact. "Hey, has anyone heard of this company called BIFS Technologies?" The goal is hype with the hope of financial gain. Sometimes, when executed well these deals are like a snowball rolling downhill picking up speed and mass as they go.

The gain in this case would be to get people on board with the idea of an AHL team in Utica once again. With public support, politicians can then more easily sell a financial aid package for renovating the Aud and financial incentives all on the public dime. Never mind that those addtions and renovations would never even be contemplated without the thought of the team coming here. Everything is going to hinge on public opinion. I think Utica34 is trying get public opinion on the side of getting a team.

I think that any politician, state, county or city who tries to use taxpayer money for this endeavour should know they are comitting political suicide. How much sense does it make to spend taxpayer dollars on entertainment at the same time we are making cuts in essential services and raising taxes. It doesn't. Not one person and not one business is going to move to Utica, NY or Oneida County because there is an AHL team.

If an AHL team wants to come here and try to make a go of it I'm all for it but they need to put up all of the money. They want renovations, they pay for renovations. Better yet buy the Aud and then do the renovation.

Look back through all of the posts. Google stories relating to this. Make your own decision. If an announcement is made in three weeks and any part of it calls for taxpayer funding be sure to call your representatives and tell them what you think of the idea of giving these investors your money.

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#109 Feb 28, 2013
Da Law wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be wrong.
Yeah I don't know anything about that.

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#110 Feb 28, 2013
Truth wrote:
Here's what I think.
I find Utica34's posts eerily similar to penny stock pump and dumps from back in the day. A user appears on a blog, comments on different things and as things go on blogs, becomes a regular to some degree. Then, after a time drops seemingly harmless tidbits about a stock. No basis in fact but presented as fact. "Hey, has anyone heard of this company called BIFS Technologies?" The goal is hype with the hope of financial gain. Sometimes, when executed well these deals are like a snowball rolling downhill picking up speed and mass as they go.
The gain in this case would be to get people on board with the idea of an AHL team in Utica once again. With public support, politicians can then more easily sell a financial aid package for renovating the Aud and financial incentives all on the public dime. Never mind that those addtions and renovations would never even be contemplated without the thought of the team coming here. Everything is going to hinge on public opinion. I think Utica34 is trying get public opinion on the side of getting a team.
I think that any politician, state, county or city who tries to use taxpayer money for this endeavour should know they are comitting political suicide. How much sense does it make to spend taxpayer dollars on entertainment at the same time we are making cuts in essential services and raising taxes. It doesn't. Not one person and not one business is going to move to Utica, NY or Oneidas County because there is an AHL team.
If an AHL team wants to come here and try to make a go of it I'm all for it but they need to put up all of the money. They want renovations, they pay for renovations. Better yet buy the Aud and then do the renovation.
Look back through all of the posts. Google stories relating to this. Make your own decision. If an announcement is made in three weeks and any part of it calls for taxpayer funding be sure to call your representatives and tell them what you think of the idea of giving these investors your money.
What I find eerie is you keep making these long winded blowhard posts about this and the deal is done. It's quite amusing actually. Lol. Sorry you don't want to take my word about it...and that's your right, but I know what I know. See you at the end of march and hopefully at the aud this fall for some hockey. I know I'll be making the drive from Albany.
Truth

Utica, NY

#111 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I find eerie is you keep making these long winded blowhard posts about this and the deal is done. It's quite amusing actually. Lol. Sorry you don't want to take my word about it...and that's your right, but I know what I know. See you at the end of march and hopefully at the aud this fall for some hockey. I know I'll be making the drive from Albany.
Straight up.
Are you a shill for this deal trying to garner public support?
PROUD

New York Mills, NY

#112 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 is up around the clock trying to convince the general public of this pump and dump scheme.

The fact is an AHL hockey team is not cheap to operate. Granted comparing college hockey to AHL is like comparing apples and oranges.

The difference is this:

College hockey is subsidized by the college (via tuition and government funding etc.)

AHL hockey will be subsidized by your LOCAL taxes

We do bot need any more public/private partnerships that don't bring high paying jobs to our area. There is little doubt that all forms of hockey will be good for the local economy. The issue here is, will AHL be any better and who is footing the bill?

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#113 Feb 28, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Straight up.
Are you a shill for this deal trying to garner public support?
Absolutely not. I already explained myself. If the ownership group was looking for support they certainly wouldn't come here to this board and they certainly wouldn't have had the article removed from the OD website 24 hours after it was posted. They would be all over the paper and news not shunning the media attention.

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#114 Feb 28, 2013
PROUD wrote:
Utica34 is up around the clock trying to convince the general public of this pump and dump scheme.
The fact is an AHL hockey team is not cheap to operate. Granted comparing college hockey to AHL is like comparing apples and oranges.
The difference is this:
College hockey is subsidized by the college (via tuition and government funding etc.)
AHL hockey will be subsidized by your LOCAL taxes
We do bot need any more public/private partnerships that don't bring high paying jobs to our area. There is little doubt that all forms of hockey will be good for the local economy. The issue here is, will AHL be any better and who is footing the bill?
Ill guess you'll just have to wait for the formal announcement to see the financial arrangements. Anything I say here will just be shot down and doubted anyhow. Hope to see you at some games come fall time.
Brock

New York Mills, NY

#115 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not. I already explained myself. If the ownership group was looking for support they certainly wouldn't come here to this board and they certainly wouldn't have had the article removed from the OD website 24 hours after it was posted. They would be all over the paper and news not shunning the media attention.
It's been proven that despite who you think gets on topix, it has a powerful influence over local media. Many stories break on Topix long before the news media. Why would the ownership group not come on here when it's been demonstrated that you are on here virtually 24/7? Why are they better than you? You just gave yourself away with that one.
whoever

Manlius, NY

#116 Feb 28, 2013
So why does the O-D have this article up on their site, but not linked from anywhere?

http://m.uticaod.com/observerdis/db_/contentd...

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#117 Feb 28, 2013
Brock wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been proven that despite who you think gets on topix, it has a powerful influence over local media. Many stories break on Topix long before the news media. Why would the ownership group not come on here when it's been demonstrated that you are on here virtually 24/7? Why are they better than you? You just gave yourself away with that one.
Topix is powerful? Sorry but I'm laughing at that. Lol

I'm fairly sure that if the owners needed or wanted free free publicity they wouldn't be coming to topix. Lol

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#118 Feb 28, 2013
whoever wrote:
So why does the O-D have this article up on their site, but not linked from anywhere?
I saw this today too. I think I got to it via Facebook and the guy who has the flames fan club page. I can't get to it via google however. I didn't try that hard but everywhere else I googled that had the link brought me to the dead one on uticaod.com
UticaHockey

Waterville, NY

#119 Feb 28, 2013
whoever wrote:
Simple answer. When they pulled it off their website they forgot to also pull it off the mobile version of the website.
PROUD

Ardsley, NY

#120 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>Topix is powerful? Sorry but I'm laughing at that. Lol

I'm fairly sure that if the owners needed or wanted free free publicity they wouldn't be coming to topix. Lol
You certainly seem to frequent it!

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#121 Feb 28, 2013
PROUD wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly seem to frequent it!
I do because I love the area and wish nothing but the best for it. I get back at least twice a month for some good eats and to visit family. I'm very excited for the new team and I wish it well. I hope the public supports it.
Truth

Utica, NY

#122 Mar 1, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the ownership would explore every avenue possible if the goal was to garner as much public support as possible. If you were very familiar with this forum you would know that what a previous poster said is true. In many cases posters to this forum are days ahead of local media in reporting stories. Also if you listen and look closely I think you find that some in local media and politicians read Topix and react to some of what is said here. Like I said previously, any public funding of a project like this is going to be a very hard sell. If there is public support then there is more political cover for those making a deal. If there is public outrage or if it's sprung on the public at the same time budgets are being decided then the idea for public funding is a non-starter.

As far as pulling the blog entry(not article) within 24 hours, that was the seed that was planted that started this whole thing. Only the writer knows where he got his information and doesn't seem forthcoming in what I've seen in revealing where the information was from or why it was pulled. That's not the point though. The point is this. The seed was planted and all you need do is Google to see how wildly sucessful that effort was. Most every article, national and international, cites that original blog entry as the main source of their information. Most start like this "According to the Utica Observer Dispatch....." It's exactly how the pump and dumpers worked.

To me it sure seems like this is an orchestrated effort and I believe you are knee deep in it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hey paul 3 min live on henderson 1
Clinton Gets First Security Briefing (Frighteni... 4 min Never Hillary 1
Frank Duross, all his teams, have failed. (Jun '13) 27 min Rochester Tipster 8
Raises for county politicians 42 min retard buster 6
Lonely in Herkimer 2 hr Piggy 7
Pat Collea 2 hr Peee uuuuu 3
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 2 hr Granny 239
Easy bartenders 3 hr wrong 17
Name A Hillary Clinton Accomplishment 6 hr Florida Frank 52
Affair outside bennu in whitesboro 7 hr Wait 35