Utica Guy

Cortland, NY

#63 Feb 28, 2013
Why do you think they're trying to sell this idea so hard? A big, fat public dollar paycheck is the only way to get an AHL team in Utica. The only reason there's all this secrecy is so they can push through the subsidy without criticism.

Mark my words, you're going to be paying for this team whether you buy a ticket or not.

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#64 Feb 28, 2013
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said and Amen!
Utica 34, where do you come down on this thought? You seem to be the self-proclaimed "All-knowing" on the subJect of hockey?
Not the self proclaimed "all knowing" on the subject of hockey. Just happen to know the details of this investment.. I do however understand the venture of ahl hockey here than most. The new franchise will not enjoy any more or less benefits from the taxpayer than any other new business would receive.

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#65 Feb 28, 2013
Utica Guy wrote:
Why do you think they're trying to sell this idea so hard? A big, fat public dollar paycheck is the only way to get an AHL team in Utica. The only reason there's all this secrecy is so they can push through the subsidy without criticism.
Mark my words, you're going to be paying for this team whether you buy a ticket or not.
Couldn't be further from the truth.
Utica Guy

Cortland, NY

#66 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't be further from the truth.
The now deleted Utica OD article stated as fact that the franchise was seeking public money. Is this claim inaccurate?

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#67 Feb 28, 2013
Utica Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The now deleted Utica OD article stated as fact that the franchise was seeking public money. Is this claim inaccurate?
I think the correct term should have been sought.
Utica Guy

Cortland, NY

#68 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the correct term should have been sought.
So was the article inaccurate? Is or was the franchise pursuing public money?

As long as they're not slurping up public funds nobody cares what they do. If they are feeding at the trough they're asking one of the most economically depressed areas in the state to subsidize their business. For God's sake, we can't even afford to perform basic maintenance on our roads. How can we justify subsidizing a hockey team?

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#69 Feb 28, 2013
Utica Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So was the article inaccurate? Is or was the franchise pursuing public money?
As long as they're not slurping up public funds nobody cares what they do. If they are feeding at the trough they're asking one of the most economically depressed areas in the state to subsidize their business. For God's sake, we can't even afford to perform basic maintenance on our roads. How can we justify subsidizing a hockey team?
The better majority of money is privately funded.
Utica Guy

Cortland, NY

#70 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so they are sucking at the public teat.

Then the deal needs to be shot down, pronto.
taxpayer

Utica, NY

#71 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
If taxpayer money is being provided in order to bring this venture to fruition, the public should be made aware of the details. This community is not in a position to be gambling public funds on the private business foray of those attempting to make a profit in this bldg,(Utica Aud)

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#72 Feb 28, 2013
Utica Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so they are sucking at the public teat.
Then the deal needs to be shot down, pronto.
Well the deal is done so there is no shooting it down. Also, the franchise did not benefit from any public money that isn't available to any other new business venture. Lets just sau the city is very pleased.
corruption

Cortland, NY

#73 Feb 28, 2013
Why are we subsidizing millionaires like Eshe?

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#74 Feb 28, 2013
corruption wrote:
Why are we subsidizing millionaires like Eshe?
No one is subsidizing esche.
Truth

Utica, NY

#75 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the deal is done so there is no shooting it down. Also, the franchise did not benefit from any public money that isn't available to any other new business venture. Lets just sau the city is very pleased.
Why would the city be pleased? What deal was done with the city? The Aud has it's own authority mostly under control of Oneida County. What does the city have to do with this? Wouldn't any agreement be with the county and the Upper Mohawk Valley Memorial Auditorium Authority ?

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#76 Feb 28, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the city be pleased? What deal was done with the city? The Aud has it's own authority mostly under control of Oneida County. What does the city have to do with this? Wouldn't any agreement be with the county and the Upper Mohawk Valley Memorial Auditorium Authority ?
Where is the aud located?
Truth

Utica, NY

#77 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the aud located?
Who runs the Aud and who would any deal be done with?

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#78 Feb 28, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Who runs the Aud and who would any deal be done with?
I don't care who runs the aud. I said the city would be pleased. You asked me why the city would be pleased and I answered your question.
Truth

Utica, NY

#79 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care who runs the aud. I said the city would be pleased. You asked me why the city would be pleased and I answered your question.
You said
"Lets just sau the city is very pleased" not "would be" you said "is".

I asked why the city IS pleased with the deal. You didn't answer that. Any deal as it relates to the Aud would not be done with the city. It would be done with the county through the Aud Authority.
Reasonable question and I think it goes to your credibility. You say a lot of things and then offer no verifiable proof.
taxpayer

Utica, NY

#80 Feb 28, 2013
There will not be a puck dropped in the Utica Aud for AHL hockey until there is a public explanation of government expenditure in this venture.
Too many individuals lining their pockets with profits made on the backs of the taxpayers and it stops here. Believe it, Utica 34.

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#81 Feb 28, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You said
"Lets just sau the city is very pleased" not "would be" you said "is".
I asked why the city IS pleased with the deal. You didn't answer that. Any deal as it relates to the Aud would not be done with the city. It would be done with the county through the Aud Authority.
Reasonable question and I think it goes to your credibility. You say a lot of things and then offer no verifiable proof.
Because the city is pleased to have a professional team back in the city. Why is this so hard to understand?

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#82 Feb 28, 2013
taxpayer wrote:
There will not be a puck dropped in the Utica Aud for AHL hockey until there is a public explanation of government expenditure in this venture.
Too many individuals lining their pockets with profits made on the backs of the taxpayers and it stops here. Believe it, Utica 34.
Well of course a puck won't be dropped until the announcement is made. But let's look at this in a very narrow scope for all to understand. When the devils moved their affiliation to Albany in 93 was there public explanation of government expenditure in Albany before the team was announced? No.

I really wish people would stop kidding themselves around here. The deal is done. There is no debating this. There is no meeting you can go to and discuss it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iran and nukes 9 min Georgie 5
Best Dr's who take Medicaid? 56 min extremely pleased 2
papa Joe's restaurant 1 hr Agree 9
John F. Kennedy Middle School 1 hr Utica or anywhere 6
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 1 hr Honest Babe 1,958
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 1 hr Honest Babe 5,934
Water Bill increase 3 hr useless 298
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 6 hr Bumble 579
Mail Carrier Appreciation Week 7 hr joemama 7
landscapers Sun Stone Age lol 48