AHL returning?.....read Esche quote

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Really

Utica, NY

#1 Feb 25, 2013
This has been a dream, 20 yrs in the making. We have talked to a lot of teams so far, but have no agreement.
Level 3

Since: Jul 12

East Granby, CT

#2 Feb 25, 2013
nothing would be announced untill the team thats involved season is over. its all about travel costs, alot less travel in this area with teams close by, and a cheaper rental agreement with the aud. i cant imagine many of these ahl teams make a profit. it would be nice to have a team back but any more than a 4-5 yr lease is a pipedream.
Really

Utica, NY

#3 Feb 25, 2013
sticks35 wrote:
nothing would be announced untill the team thats involved season is over. its all about travel costs, alot less travel in this area with teams close by, and a cheaper rental agreement with the aud. i cant imagine many of these ahl teams make a profit. it would be nice to have a team back but any more than a 4-5 yr lease is a pipedream.
You are correct; it would be nice. It can't happen.
Travel costs have always been higher when air is involved. Buses are cheaper. The geography hasn't changed; Utica has always been here, so, why don't we have a thriving AHL team here already? Because, the locals can't plunk down $700 per season ticket, that's why.

As far as waiting for a team to wait for season's end, it never stopped Calgary before. They have moved more than Allied Van Lines. That's what we need; another pro hockey team here for 15 months.

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#4 Feb 25, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Travel costs have always been higher when air is involved. Buses are cheaper. The geography hasn't changed; Utica has always been here, so, why don't we have a thriving AHL team here already? Because, the locals can't plunk down $700 per season ticket, that's why.
As far as waiting for a team to wait for season's end, it never stopped Calgary before. They have moved more than Allied Van Lines. That's what we need; another pro hockey team here for 15 months.
The deal is already done. I know I sound like a broken record but I know it as fact. At the end of march everyone will see.
what a tool you are

Duanesburg, NY

#5 Feb 25, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>

you are the biggest negative tool on this forum so far... go crawl back in your hole. your stupid attitude is what stops growth and progress. simple minded fool. you have no idea what this can do for the area. springfield mass pocketed 6 mil last year in local economy from the falcons... you know not what you speak of.please move out of this area. we dont want you here.SUCH A TOOL!
Really

Utica, NY

#6 Feb 25, 2013
what a tool you are wrote:
<quoted text>
you are the biggest negative tool on this forum so far... go crawl back in your hole. your stupid attitude is what stops growth and progress. simple minded fool. you have no idea what this can do for the area. springfield mass pocketed 6 mil last year in local economy from the falcons... you know not what you speak of.please move out of this area. we dont want you here.SUCH A TOOL!
So, I am the 'tool' because you can't face up to reality; while you sit there and compare Springfield MA to Utica NY.
Springfield, MA is a 'bedroom community' to Hartford Ct (thousands of high-paying insurance industry jobs, and to Amherst MA (Univ of MA)(thousands of high-paying jobs in academia).
That's called disposable income. Get a clue before you begin looking out of your own house for 'tools'.

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#7 Feb 25, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I am the 'tool' because you can't face up to reality; while you sit there and compare Springfield MA to Utica NY.
Springfield, MA is a 'bedroom community' to Hartford Ct (thousands of high-paying insurance industry jobs, and to Amherst MA (Univ of MA)(thousands of high-paying jobs in academia).
That's called disposable income. Get a clue before you begin looking out of your own house for 'tools'.
Ok. Is it fair to compare utica to glens falls then?

Deal is already done though guys. See you in the fall at the aud!
Funny

Danielson, CT

#8 Feb 25, 2013
Eshe is a washed up former nhl player who hasent played in NHL in 6 years. He's a farmer now lol
you never did azz

West Springfield, MA

#9 Feb 25, 2013
Funny wrote:
Eshe is a washed up former nhl player who hasent played in NHL in 6 years. He's a farmer now lol
you never did play in the nhl! what a joke saying that.. jealousy jealousy smh
hoopla

West Springfield, MA

#10 Feb 25, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
please just move... we have all talked it over (behind your back) and we decided we would like you to move out of the area. we hate your negative kind ... JUST GO!thanks! oh, and please leave BEFORE the puck drops!
Funny

Danielson, CT

#11 Feb 25, 2013
you never did azz wrote:
<quoted text>
you never did play in the nhl! what a joke saying that.. jealousy jealousy smh
Lol, I wouldn't want to. Jealous?? Not at all. He's a prick and arrogant. I know him well.

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#12 Feb 25, 2013
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, I wouldn't want to. Jealous?? Not at all. He's a prick and arrogant. I know him well.
I've been to some social functions where he also attended and was nothing but nice. That's my experience.
Really

Utica, NY

#13 Feb 25, 2013
hoopla wrote:
<quoted text>
please just move... we have all talked it over (behind your back) and we decided we would like you to move out of the area. we hate your negative kind ... JUST GO!thanks! oh, and please leave BEFORE the puck drops!
Ok. I put my house up for sale. Get everyone you know together and see if you can raise enough to buy it.
Peter Pux

Syracuse, NY

#14 Feb 25, 2013
Springfield pocketed 6 million last year? What lying sack of crap politician told you that? I want to hear how much liability a team that folds up the tent leaves the taxpayers. We've been down that road before. Too many short memories in Utica to remember, but I remember.
what a tool you are wrote:
<quoted text>
Moving Parts

New Hartford, NY

#15 Feb 25, 2013
Just because you're a former hockey player with good intentions, does not make you a smart business person.
Nancy Wilson

United States

#16 Feb 25, 2013
For all you people who like to cut up Nancy Wilson, this guy is Kelly Usmail's husband, Nancy Wilson and Colleen Dobry's and Charlie Wilson's cousin. Her mother is Bonnie Bailey Usmail the sister forced estranged of Nancy Wilson.

So you all like to talk shop about this guy, this guy is related to Nancy Wilson.

Bet not many people know of this relationship.
BIG LOU

United States

#17 Feb 25, 2013
Moving Parts wrote:
Just because you're a former hockey player with good intentions, does not make you a smart business person.
and what business do you run that makes you an expert? It looks like you spend a lot of time on this issue maybe you care a little more than you let on. Two basic laws of business; 1. You must take risks and 2. You have spend money to make money. Just don't get involved if you don't like it.
Moving Parts

New Hartford, NY

#18 Feb 25, 2013
BIG LOU wrote:
<quoted text> and what business do you run that makes you an expert? It looks like you spend a lot of time on this issue maybe you care a little more than you let on. Two basic laws of business; 1. You must take risks and 2. You have spend money to make money. Just don't get involved if you don't like it.
This comment was meant with no disrespect of Rob Esche as a person, businessman or player. Kind of like the great cook who wants to run a restaurant. Usually doesn't work. That's all!
Martin

Syracuse, NY

#19 Feb 25, 2013
I have a dream. Number One: YOU take the risks, NOT the taxpayers. Two: YOU spend YOUR money to make money. Three: Don't force the taxpayers to get involved before OR after you invest.

BIG LOU wrote:
<quoted text> and what business do you run that makes you an expert? It looks like you spend a lot of time on this issue maybe you care a little more than you let on. Two basic laws of business; 1. You must take risks and 2. You have spend money to make money. Just don't get involved if you don't like it.
Really

Utica, NY

#22 Feb 26, 2013
Look up the history of the Calgary Flames AHL team

In 2003 they were in New Foundland
In 2005 they were in Mass
In 2007 they were in Nebraska
In 2009 they were in Illinois

Today they are in British Columbia and supposedly in talks with a group from Utica NY discussing whether they should break their contract with their current city and move to Utica.

Does this sound like a perfect match for our city that currently enjoys a relationship with Utica College, the D-3 Hockey team that leads the nation in attendance, and currently in first place with the best overall record, and provides AFFORDABLE family entertainment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
utica dpw illegal dumping 5 min Glad 6
Hotel Utica 13 min mayorwaldorff 17
i miss you john biagini jr (Oct '12) 41 min Dirt People 15
Palmieri: This is you and all before. 46 min OOOtica Famuss 7
Déjà vu Is 2 hr Rosie the riveter 1
Amidon medical 2 hr LeMec 1
News New candidate announces run for Utica mayor 3 hr Ouch 14
WKTV-Smith 13 hr Muncher 16
Carbone auto group 19 hr Carboneya 21
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) Sat Janet 632